Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Due September 2015

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 599 ✭✭✭Kaylami

je551e wrote: »
    Think I've lost some of my mucus plug, (TMI here but) slight green lumpy discharge.

Would this be it? If so how long after did labour start for any STM on here? Also have slight lower back pain since yesterday but not bad.

Unfortunately it can regenerate. So not necessarily the beginning.

I've been losing bits since 28 weeks.
    So long as it's not blood stained it's nothing to worry about.

But as always if your concerned best to get checked!

• Registered Users Posts: 440 ✭✭je551e

Kaylami wrote: »
    Unfortunately it can regenerate. So not necessarily the beginning.

I've been losing bits since 28 weeks.
    So long as it's not blood stained it's nothing to worry about.

But as always if your concerned best to get checked!

That's good to know it can regenerate, I'm not too worried really more curious to know was it a sign of impending labour. Have had BH with weeks now.

You poor thing! I'm starting to feel the cramps every night and it's driving me crazy!

You poor thing! I'm starting to feel the cramps every night and it's driving me crazy!

Thanks , hope yours ease. Will be worth it all though.

Do they check for dialation near the end of pregnancy as part of your routine checkups?

Just curious what to expect

• Advertisement

Not in my experience. I think the will offer a internal from 40 weeks onwards.

Thanks Kaylami, have an appointment next week and was wondering what to expect

How many weeks will you be?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,609 ✭✭✭irishgirl19

je551e wrote:
    Do they check for dialation near the end of pregnancy as part of your routine checkups?

I'm getting checked this week with my own doctor who I've been doing my antenatal care with. She's a gynae doc though. I will be exactly 40 weeks. No internal done in hospital yet last appt was 39+2

How many weeks will you be?

I'll be 34 weeks :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 569 ✭✭✭texas star

Hi girls hope everyone's keeping well?Im on another site and the advise I have read is you don't drop your pants unless your in labour there is no need to do any VE.Ive read a horrible story of Dr deciding to do a sweep on patient who's 37 weeks because he wanted to hurry things along without informing patient :eek:The woman is in bits as she never agreed to this.So just giving you a heads up.Did you all do your birthplans?ive to get mine signed off next week.....If the hospital don't agree with mine I'll be transferring I'm sure there won't be a problem.

I'm feeling very pissed off with the hospital in general.

I wanted to see a consultant and will have to wait another 2 weeks.

texas star wrote: »
    Hi girls hope everyone's keeping well?Im on another site and the advise I have read is you don't drop your pants unless your in labour there is no need to do any VE.Ive read a horrible story of Dr deciding to do a sweep on patient who's 37 weeks because he wanted to hurry things along without informing patient :eek:The woman is in bits as she never agreed to this.So just giving you a heads up.Did you all do your birthplans?ive to get mine signed off next week.....If the hospital don't agree with mine I'll be transferring I'm sure there won't be a problem.

That's good to know. That's was awful for that poor woman.

No birthplan by me just going to see how things go and hope for the best.

I'm feeling very pissed off with the hospital in general.

I wanted to see a consultant and will have to wait another 2 weeks.

How many weeks are you? That's a pity, did you see a second in command or was it a midwife.

Well I don't want to see any of my crowd.I took my hubby in last time and she was nice as pie to me :mad:So he's coming to next appointment cause I know we will have problems with birth preference.Hes going to handle it practise for the big day :)

Can I ask why you aren't doing a birth plan Je551e its really just a guideline for yourself and hospital of what you want done otherwise your giving free way to hospital to do whatever they want.Each to there own so please don't take me up wrong.Maybe it's just the training I've been doing with Gentle birth.Im just questioning every thing instead of going along with what I'm being told.For me it's such a special day delivering my baby to the midwife she won't remember me the following day it's just her job.

No just MW in my clinic texas star.
    I'm hoping to be induced for a few reasons. I'll be 37 weeks by the time I even get to see the Dr.

I have no birth plan either just go with the flow. I never did one for the girls and I'm glad because I don't think 1 of them would have gone to plan!

I have 3 stubborn ladies!

Ahhh but you know what to expect.I just hope I'm in and out in a jiffy lol

texas star wrote: »
    Can I ask why you aren't doing a birth plan Je551e its really just a guideline for yourself and hospital of what you want done otherwise your giving free way to hospital to do whatever they want.Each to there own so please don't take me up wrong.Maybe it's just the training I've been doing with Gentle birth.Im just questioning every thing instead of going along with what I'm being told.For me it's such a special day delivering my baby to the midwife she won't remember me the following day it's just her job.

Suppose I just feel that it's a hard thing to plan and baby will do what he/she decides only thing I'm sure of is I will take any pain relief offered if I need it.

No offence taken at all , I too am very curious as what everyone else's views :)

• Registered Users Posts: 299 ✭✭sullivk

I haven't really made an official birth plan either.
    I don't want to get too hung up on the details as, based on previous experience, I believe the chances of things going according to plan for me are slim!
    The only plan I have is to have baby delivered safely, whether that's au natural, with epidural & pain meds on board or by c-section.

Actually, the one thing I have specified to my husband is that I do NOT want pethidine, it made me bonkers last time!!

Am 34+4 today, popping in for growth scan this afternoon
    (routine for gestational diabetes, to make sure I'm not incubating a giant cookie monster!)...
    Fingers crossed all will be well :)

Hope everyone is doing well x

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,713 ✭✭✭✭Novella

I've made a birth plan, mainly because I am giving birth in the US and I want to avoid some of their standard practices. I don't want to be put on IV fluid upon admission for example (fine with IV's if I need one for a medical reason, of course) and I don't want the anesthesiologist to visit my room unless I request an epidural at some stage. Things like that.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,977 ✭✭✭PandaPoo

We still don't know the sex, so the only thing I have written down is that my husband will tell me if we have a son or daughter. That's really important to me.

Everything else will just go how it goes, I have no preference for anything in particular.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,559 ✭✭✭cruais

PandaPoo wrote: »
    We still don't know the sex, so the only thing I have written down is that my husband will tell me if we have a son or daughter. That's really important to me.

Everything else will just go how it goes, I have no preference for anything in particular.

Thats a lovely idea

PandaPoo wrote: »
    We still don't know the sex, so the only thing I have written down is that my husband will tell me if we have a son or daughter

I also like that idea, think I may steal it if you dont mind.

Anyone suffering with hives all over? The Itch is just crazy, heading to the doctor to see if he can do anything for me.

How is everyone keeping?

Only 9 days left in august !

• Registered Users Posts: 13,713 ✭✭✭✭Novella

I'm getting awful pains on my left side today and baby is moving around like crazy in there. Due in two weeks but feeling crappy right now. How is everyone else?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,977 ✭✭✭PandaPoo

I'm up every single night now. I just can't seem to sleep. Really infuriating.

It will be just my luck that I get feck all sleep, then just when I'm going for a lie down some afternoon I'll go into labour. Then I'll have the baby and never sleep again!!

I can't believe how close it is now, the last few weeks have gone quite slowly but overall it's flown in since we found out in January. My 5 year old is starting school on the 31st so it would be great to go a few days before that, then my husband will be off for 2 weeks and can bring him to school :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,559 ✭✭✭cruais

Im with you all on the lack of sleep even tho im not due until 5th oct....

Bet all the partners and husbands dont have that problem just like my own husband, who is sounding like a fog horn next to me ☺

Hi everyone I had a nite in hotel rotunda lol high BP and though preclamicia.All ok.Yep I'm over pregnancy now would like to meet my little person NOW,37 weeks today.:D

• Advertisement

Exhausted here too. Crazy with hives which doctor said can happen in pregnancy and nothing I can really do.

Getting cramps every night now. Finding that tough and they seem to be getting stronger they ease off by day.

Not long to go hard to believe it's almost September

Advertisement