Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Due September 2015

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 299 ✭✭sullivk

I had gestational diabetes with my first pregnancy so they're just assuming I have it again, and they won't even do a GTT on me.

I have to attend 'Breakfast Club' for sugar monitoring in rotunda every fortnight, bit of a pain traipsing in and out all the time but thankfully bloods have been coming back normal... Fingers crossed!

Had a hospital check-up yesterday, baby is breech but Doc didn't seem too concerned. Hopefully it'll turn while it still has space!!

I'm finding work really tough now, I've got 8 weeks left there but I'm not sure how much longer I can cope with it :(

• Registered Users Posts: 599 ✭✭✭Kaylami

sullivk wrote: »
    I had gestational diabetes with my first pregnancy so they're just assuming I have it again, and they won't even do a GTT on me.

I have to attend 'Breakfast Club' for sugar monitoring in rotunda every fortnight, bit of a pain traipsing in and out all the time but thankfully bloods have been coming back normal... Fingers crossed!

Had a hospital check-up yesterday, baby is breech but Doc didn't seem too concerned. Hopefully it'll turn while it still has space!!

I'm finding work really tough now, I've got 8 weeks left there but I'm not sure how much longer I can cope with it :(

That sucks that they won't do the test for you!

At my last check baby was breech but a week later is head down and we'll down according to doctor they did a little scan as I have had a previous breech baby.

How many weeks are you now?

30 weeks tomorrow, I hope baby turns around and behaves!!

Baby's can turn right up until the end.
    My 2nd was head down right up until 38 weeks then turned breech and refused all attempts to turn her back.

She's still a stubborn little Madam.

30 weeks and 3 days here feeling it now.

Pelvis is killing me altogether and the irrational rage has also set it!

• Registered Users Posts: 455 ✭✭Leogirl

30+1 today and wrecked tired. Sleeping is just not happening this last few days :-(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 98 ✭✭Tilly Tally

I'm 31+2 today and maybe only turned head down last week. I don't think they worry about it until 36-38 weeks really. I was a bit surprised that I was told by midwife last week to start bouncing on birthing ball and drinking raspberry leaf tea at this stage. Kinda thinking I've still a bit of time before all that. I'd prefer to be a bit more organised (even just have a bag packed) before I start enticing this baby out!!

We were told same at class about birthing ball to turn baby if breech or back to back but I thought they can turn anyway at this time. I'm using it anyway for my back + so far baby is in correct position but she could change yet. Also think I've other stuff to be thinking about first. Is raspberry tea ok so early??

I'm 31+2 today and maybe only turned head down last week. I don't think they worry about it until 36-38 weeks really. I was a bit surprised that I was told by midwife last week to start bouncing on birthing ball and drinking raspberry leaf tea at this stage. Kinda thinking I've still a bit of time before all that. I'd prefer to be a bit more organised (even just have a bag packed) before I start enticing this baby out!!

Really Tilly Tally? I didn't think they recommended that until 34 weeks?!
    I know the raspberry leaf tea tones your uterus have you used it before?

I've my antenatal app tomorrow. Hopefully blood pressure is ok been up and down all week.

Have a headache I just can't shift today think it's the weather hate these humid days.

• Registered Users Posts: 569 ✭✭✭texas star

Yeah I was advised if I can stomach the taste of raspberry tea to drink it 35-36 weeks and to eat dates from about the same time.I read somewhere that dates help labour.

Well that was the advise of the midwife last week but i know they want me to go early or on time as they are keeping on eye on baby's size. I drank buckets of raspberry leaf tea on my first and it made no difference to me at all - I still had to be induced at 10 days over! But I quite liked the taste of it so I didn't mind too much.

Going slightly mad here cos when I was sick two weeks ago, they kept questioning kidney infection but tests were coming back clear or inconclusive so I just fought it myself with panadol and fluids. Just got a call today to say that my sample from a week ago has come back positive for infection and I need to go on anitbiotics. But sure I feel fine now after having two miserable weeks. I've made appointment with GP for tomorrow morning so to see if I actually need to go on antibiotics at this stage or if the infection has cleared itself. Just angry that its taken so long to get an answer on it...

• Advertisement

Tilly Tally my MW just told me the same today. Start from 32 weeks.

They don't want me to go over has I have had a previous section. Baby is 2/5 engaged and measuring 34 weeks.

Last baby was 8lb 13 oz so this one is heading in the same direction size wise

Anyone else getting Braxton Hicks? Ever since baby turned, I'm getting them every day. Baby is objecting to them too and starts kicking and moving mad when it eases off! Took it all as a sign that I should start getting more prepared so box of newborn clothes and travel system came out of the attic last night. Planning to sort and wash everything over the weekend while OH is away on stag. Then maybe I'll work up to packing the hospital bag! Though I need to do a serious clear out of Boots first!!

Hope everything is going well for everyone, not long to go now!

I never had them but think I might be getting them now. Short shabby cramps across middle + sides of bump. Quite sore!! Feels like when I need to use the loo crossed with period cramp, just lasts a few seconds. Also baby starts wriggling when it stops. Would that be them?

Have been noticing an increase in these in past week.
    Discomfort and heaviness low down and my whole bump feels hard and tight.
    Baby clothes and hospital bag will be on my agenda this weekend too!

• Registered Users Posts: 440 ✭✭je551e

Hi hope everyone is well. What kind of movements you all getting now? Baby was really active until this morning, don't want to panic but might make appointment tomorrow with my doctor just be sure.

je551e wrote: »
    Hi hope everyone is well. What kind of movements you all getting now? Baby was really active until this morning, don't want to panic but might make appointment tomorrow with my doctor just be sure.

Getting really strong movements the past few days which makes me suspect she has moved from headdown.

I do get periods when she didn't move at all though!

If you have a cold fizzy drink then lie on your left side that should get baby moving for you

Thanks tried it but no difference, have an upset stomach so just wondering would this have an effect on the baby?

Thanks tried it but no difference, have an upset stomach so just wondering would this have an effect on the baby?

It may be a case of baby is moving but you can't feel it.

The medication I take can cause awful stomach upsets and 2 hen I have a spell of that it would be normal for me not to feel her for up to 12 hours.

The official guidelines are if it's not normal for you to go in and get checked. Maybe give the maternity ward a ring and see what they advise?

Really 12 hours, That seems a long time, but like you say if it's normal for you. Will give it until the morning and see, hopefully it's just that I can't feel it.

Really 12 hours, That seems a long time, but like you say if it's normal for you. Will give it until the morning and see, hopefully it's just that I can't feel it.

Hopefully baby starts moving again soon. It can be really worrying.

This is no 4 for me so I'm a lot more relaxed about these sorts of things which isn't necessarily a good thing!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,344 ✭✭✭Diamond Doll

If I were you I wouldn't leave it until the morning. I'd be in straight away, right now, for a check.

Things do go wrong, and you're far enough along in the pregnancy that the baby would probably be OK if they had to do an emergency section or something, if the baby is in bother.

Hopefully it'll be a wasted journey. But the doctors and midwives would always rather you wasted a journey in, than leaving it until the next day when it may be too late to do anything.

You know what's normal for you.

Kaylami wrote: »
    Hopefully baby starts moving again soon. It can be really worrying.

This is no 4 for me so I'm a lot more relaxed about these sorts of things which isn't necessarily a good thing!

Wow fair play to you for doing this 4 times , nobody warns you that the worrying all the time is so hard. Maybe that's just with the first

I have also experienced very quiet times. Sometimes baby will be full of beans first thing in the morning and then nothing until I go to bed that night.
    Some days he/she never stops wriggling but then could have minimal movement the next, they sure know how to worry us!

As mentioned, lying on your side and drinking a cold fizzy drink is worth a try.

If you're concerned I would definitely go to the hospital just to get checked for your peace of mind. Don't feel like your overreacting or wasting their time, I'm sure they're well used to it!!

Let us know how you get on x

Je551e how is babies movements today?

• Registered Users Posts: 569 ✭✭✭texas star

I had another crap experience in dominos today.Is it just me that I get all the negative midwives.Can women not just have a happy pregnancy like I've had.We have enough to worry about without putting ideas in our heads and what ifs....Seriously thinking of pulling out of dominos and just going to my Dr from now on.On a plus note treated myself to a pregnancy massage in Finglas and it was so nice I've booked in again in 2 weeks time.:D

Sorry to hear that texas star!

I've seen the same mw at each app she is great but it's a case of in and out.

A massage sounds heavenly

Hi all, baby started moving a bit last night so I said I'd wait and go to the GP today. Baby's heart was perfect and he was happy with all my checks so didn't send me in, baby has moved a bit today so that's good, thanks for all replies :)

• Registered Users Posts: 13,713 ✭✭✭✭Novella

Kicking in my ribs all day long, quite sore!

Novella I was just thinking the same. I'm not sure what part of baby is doing the kicking because it's right under my left boob and on my right hip at the same time!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,713 ✭✭✭✭Novella

I'm pretty convinced that I have two feet wedged into my ribs on my left side. Still so uncomfortable. My husband thinks it's the best thing ever though! He was playing a little game with baby last night where he'd push in and baby would push back against him. I was hoping that would help move the feet but still there today.

Advertisement