Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Argos 42" led TV €299

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 815 ✭✭✭bonkers

Just got the wrong one the hyt one in santry. Seems like they don't have any left at all of the hxt ones. Options are to keep it or could I wait for a week to see if they get the other one in and do a swap?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,221 ✭✭✭braddun

hitachi don't make tvs any more

I am trying to find out who makes it

• Registered Users Posts: 3,375 ✭✭✭5500

Just checked a reservation there and it was a hyt model. They have no hyx at all but there's a browser and netflix button on the remote it's also black.

Can anyone else shed some more light?

• Registered Users Posts: 303 ✭✭tazwaz

I have one reserved in wwaterford for tomor but they're all sold out of the reduced price dongles. Any idea where I'll get one a reasonable priced one please?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,295 ✭✭✭dunworth1

tazwaz wrote: »
    I have one reserved in wwaterford for tomor but they're all sold out of the reduced price dongles. Any idea where I'll get one a reasonable priced one please?

there is a ethernet port on the tv also so you get get a set of these

http://www.argos.ie/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/Browse?pp=20&s=Price%3A+Low+-+High&storeId=10152&catalogId=14551&langId=111&c_1=1%7Ccategory_root%7COffice%252C%2BPCs%2Band%2Bphones%7C14418968&c_2=2%7C14418968%7CWireless%2Bnetworking%7C14419015&c_3=3%7Ccat_14419015%7CPowerline%2Badaptor%2Bkits%7C26066890&authToken=

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 472 ✭✭smilerxxx

Anyone have a code for limerick? Just moved in to my new house so I'd be very grateful

• Registered Users Posts: 11,907 ✭✭✭✭Kristopherus

Guys/Gals, for anyone that missed out on this deal yesterday/this morning, the stock around the country is being replineshed. Currently there are over 5 available in Athlone, Castlebar, Monaghan, Wexford. All those shops were out of stock earlier today.

• Registered Users Posts: 641 ✭✭✭johnf26

Guys/Gals, for anyone that missed out on this deal yesterday/this morning, the stock around the country is being replenished. Currently there are over 5 available in Athlone, Castlebar, Monaghan, Wexford. All those shops were out of stock earlier today.

its not stock been replenished its stock from people reserving them and had not picked them up at closing time today so the system updates and puts them back in stock

johnf26 wrote: »
    its not stock been replenished its stock from people reserving them and had not picked them up at closing time today so the system updates and puts them back in stock

Maybe or maybe not. There are a number of shops that have more than 5 in stock now. These shops had 1 or 2 on Christmas day, and were out of stock at 11.30pm last night. I have my doubts that there would be that many non-collections. Anyway I hope its good news for some people.

• Advertisement

Maybe or maybe not. There are a number of shops that have more than 5 in stock now. These shops had 1 or 2 on Christmas day, and were out of stock at 11.30pm last night. I have my doubts that there would be that many non-collections. Anyway I hope its good news for some people.

it seems to be the thing now on boards to reserve any bargain asap
    if if you don't want to buy it.

hence the whole argos reservations thread

• Registered Users Posts: 1,268 ✭✭✭deegs

Yep, these TVs are a special promotion pretending stock is limited is an old trick.
    I agree, think are new stock.
    http://www.checkargos.com/StockCheckPage.php?productId=239/8095

• Closed Accounts Posts: 275 ✭✭jacob2

the hitachi 42 inch is the same as the walker tv witch has a two year guarantee the hitachi has only one year guarantee

hitachi tv.s are made in turkey by vestel the same people that make walker toshiba nordmende and hitachi and a lot of other makes

• Registered Users Posts: 2,845 ✭✭✭massy086

Anyone who bought this.are you having any trouble with hdmi.nuthing i connect is showing up

• Registered Users Posts: 14,727 ✭✭✭✭Panthro

http://www.argos.ie/static/Product/partNumber/2472454.htm
    Is this telly better or worse than the Hitachi? Same price.

Panthro wrote:
    Is this telly better or worse than the Hitachi? Same price.

That tv is only hd ready

The hatichi is full HD

make sure ur on the right hdmi connection its two on this telly turn off the box?thats connected to the lead and turn back on

• Registered Users Posts: 487 ✭✭stuba

http://www.currys.ie/Product/panasonicviera-tx50a300b-50-led-tv/330757/6.9.0

Can anyone give an opinion on this TV? Anyone have one and know is it saorview approved?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,259 ✭✭✭deiseindublin

I've one reserved for collection on Jan 2nd, wonder will new stock be the Y or the X model?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 815 ✭✭✭bonkers

New stock in santry but all y models

AAnyonekept the y model any thoughts?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,973 ✭✭✭cena

I am so confused. What has the y and x got to do with the the t.v

• Registered Users Posts: 303 ✭✭tazwaz

Collected mine this morning and it was the y model so they'll have an x model in on saturday.
    I didn't get a chance to check the difference between the x and y but there's obviously some difference :-)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,845 ✭✭✭massy086

Well i kept the y model and it has netflix and youtube and a browser.so im confused as to what the x has that y does.nt my self.sound is not great .but i knew that from reading reviews

• Registered Users Posts: 261 ✭✭newportlad

• Registered Users Posts: 9,930 ✭✭✭dodzy

newportlad wrote: »
    Would this TV be saorview enabled?

Yes.

• Registered Users Posts: 75 ✭✭Hellywelly

I kept the Y model. But didn't get the wifi dongle & none available now.
    Would chromecast work instead?

I am brutal with technology so apologies if this an exceptionally dumb questi on. Thanks!

stuba wrote: »
    http://www.currys.ie/Product/panasonicviera-tx50a300b-50-led-tv/330757/6.9.0

Can anyone give an opinion on this TV? Anyone have one and know is it saorview approved?

Don't know about that particular model, but it is illegal for Currys to sell it without specifically stating that will not tune in the Saorview channels. If it has a Freeview HD tuner it will tune in the Saorview channels, even though it may not be Saorview approved. In any case, I doubt very much that Currys would sell a non-saorview tv.

• Registered Users Posts: 161 ✭✭tippgirl123

Dongles are out of stock everywhere. If you had a wifi extender which you cud connect a Ethernet cable to, would that work. Or as someone mentioned above using chrome cast??
    Also the price is showing at 299.99 on the deals section but is 309 when u go to reserve and buy. So does anyone have a reservation number for dundrum with the old price

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,256 ✭✭✭✭Standard Toaster

Anyone know where I might find a compatible wifi dongle for it online?

Advertisement