Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

General Arcade and Retro Chat - Insert Coin -

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,528 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

So, what is it?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,717 ✭✭✭The Last Bandit

Betcha its one of these

61CswtKOlwL._SX425_.jpg

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,528 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

I bet that has a white hole too!

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 5,381 Mod ✭✭✭✭Optimus Prime

DaveyDave wrote: »
    Are arcade cabs easy to disassemble in general does anyone know? I can't imagine too many cabs fit through a narrow door, nevermind a bigger unit with mounted guns...

Also realistically what kind of maintenance or repairs are required with CRTs, power supplies or guns?

Some cabs separate into a top and bottom section like an electrocoin xenon. Id say you would have a hard time taking apart a normal cab though. Ive never had any issues getting a cab through my front door, including a Time Crisis which is way wider. There was no room to spare though on either side of it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,906 ✭✭✭CosmicSmash

DaveyDave wrote: »
    Having a browse on eBay and came across something that I had to jump on, it's about €100-150 less than I was expecting to spend. Near complete, but as complete as I'll get judging by previous listings. It's definitely going to be the weirdest addition to my collection...

You better tell us what it is or this could go on all day.:pac:

7962-33088-3-500.jpg

• Advertisement

Sega or Nintendo....

tumblr_lc30jvzzBK1qe0eclo1_500.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 5,019 ✭✭✭Touch Fuzzy Get Dizzy

Betcha its one of these

61CswtKOlwL._SX425_.jpg

I think it's this
    6389641_ra.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 6,189 ✭✭✭DaveyDave

CiDeRmAn wrote: »
    Sega or Nintendo....

tumblr_lc30jvzzBK1qe0eclo1_500.gif

Sony! Kidding, it's Sega related. It'll get lost in the post now that I've mentioned it :P
    I think it's this
    6389641_ra.jpg

Well, I would like a CRT :P

Best
    News
    Ever

A port of the original arcade Virtua Racing is coming to the Switch!

http://www.nintendolife.com/news/2018/09/virtua_racing_joins_the_sega_ages_line_on_nintendo_switch

Hideki Naganuma posted in Twitter
    "In Tokyo Game Show 2018, Sega ran a poll asking which Sega IP people want to see revived on Sega Ages for Nintendo Switch. And JET SET RADIO SERIES WON 1ST PLACE! Mr. Okunari (a producer for Sega) said this was my fault in this video→https://t.co/ibOQRZcMct 😂 Thank you so much!"
    OP: https://t.co/pc6QLNGDoY

I voted for JSR myself but didn't think it would get top.

• Advertisement

Hideki Naganuma posted in Twitter
    "In Tokyo Game Show 2018, Sega ran a poll asking which Sega IP people want to see revived on Sega Ages for Nintendo Switch. And JET SET RADIO SERIES WON 1ST PLACE! Mr. Okunari (a producer for Sega) said this was my fault in this video→https://t.co/ibOQRZcMct 😂 Thank you so much!"
    OP: https://t.co/pc6QLNGDoY

I voted for JSR myself but didn't think it would get top.

A revival is nice but a new game in the franchise would be even nicer!
    Is JSRF better than JSR though??

• Registered Users Posts: 34,441 ✭✭✭✭o1s1n
    Master of the Universe

Finally, it's happening :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 7,467 ✭✭✭Inviere

In house development? I’m sold.

• Registered Users Posts: 758 ✭✭✭fmul9798

That's great news - hopefully they respect their IP and do it the justice it deserves. Waiting for one here anyway!

Is this not inevitably going to be the hardware equivalent of the Sonic Cycle?
    (I) New Sega Megadrive to be released, hooray!
    (II) All new hardware, sins of the past erased! It'll be so different this time!
    (III) Oh, it's got the same games list as last time....
    (IV) Finally out, preorder collected, and it's the same crappy emulation as last time
    (V) goto (I)

Is this not inevitably going to be the hardware equivalent of the Sonic Cycle?
    (I) New Sega Megadrive to be released, hooray!
    (II) All new hardware, sins of the past erased! It'll be so different this time!
    (III) Oh, it's got the same games list as last time....
    (IV) Finally out, preorder collected, and it's the same crappy emulation as last time
    (V) goto (I)

You got the memo about AtGames getting the boot yeah? :)

Inviere wrote: »
    You got the memo about AtGames getting the boot yeah? :)

I did, but I'm going to be cautious on this one.

No excuse for a lousy product when my phone can run the entire Megadrive library flawlessly.
    I mean, all it would need to be is a docking station!

I did, but I'm going to be cautious on this one.

No excuse for a lousy product when my phone can run the entire Megadrive library flawlessly.
    I mean, all it would need to be is a docking station!

In house Sega development, can’t see it being worse or on par with the AtGames stuff. I think it’ll be what we’ve wanted all along, a functional, quality product. Besides, don’t try and convince me you won’t be one of the first to get one :P

Also, I think I’d actually prefer an AtGames Megadrive compared to using a phone to play those games

A revival is nice but a new game in the franchise would be even nicer!
    Is JSRF better than JSR though??
    I've never played Future, I have it just no interest in setting up the Xbox, I'd love if they released it something current but a new game would be good too.
    I hope Hideki gets involved with the music again too.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,994 ✭✭✭Shapey Fiend

I'm glad they finally booted ATGames and did this properly. If it sells well they might even do a Saturn one. I know it wasn't popular here but it'd do well for the Japanese market anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,189 ✭✭✭DaveyDave

I don't expect anything great from Sega doing it but as long as AtGames don't get to make money rehashing the same half assed attempts I'm happy.

I'm glad they finally booted ATGames and did this properly. If it sells well they might even do a Saturn one. I know it wasn't popular here but it'd do well for the Japanese market anyway.

It's one of those myths, the Saturn and the N64 didn't do as well as the Playstation, but they still sold well.
    People might forget, or not have been around, but the shelves were pretty packed with most 3rd parties developing for the two "other" systems as well as plenty of 1st party games.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 50,812 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Moving back to the East coast. The joys of bring 5 years worth of collecting games and junk back to my parents for temporary housing.

Sauron was not best pleased.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 50,812 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

It's one of those myths, the Saturn and the N64 didn't do as well as the Playstation, but they still sold well.
    People might forget, or not have been around, but the shelves were pretty packed with most 3rd parties developing for the two "other" systems as well as plenty of 1st party games.

The N64 did ok for itself but the Saturn really did poorly. The 95 and 96 had some cross platform developed games but they were already drying up as third parties abandoned the system. The system was dead in 1997 and on life support through 1998 with a handful of releases. Sega Rally was the last hurrah for the system in terms of a game that sold well and that was released January 1996 in Europe.

Retr0gamer wrote: »
    Moving back to the East coast. The joys of bring 5 years worth of collecting games and junk back to my parents for temporary housing.

You should have boxed it up as "Lab Equipment"

Now there's a blast from the past!

tenor.gif

Sure, you're a grown man, you can buy what you want!

tenor.gif

Well I've cut down. Need my own place. Really gutted to be leaving Sligo. Really love it here.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,183 ✭✭✭deadl0ck

Well I've cut down. Need my own place. Really gutted to be leaving Sligo. Really love it here.
    That's a bummer. Hope everything is ok

• Advertisement

Need to move on to my next adventure.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement