Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

General Arcade and Retro Chat - Insert Coin -

Options

Comments

Same here, I invested their "gems" into this and the snes game that hasn't been heard about in 3 years.
    I have some small hope Paprium will make it out but the Project N is as good as gone id say.
    You don't expect this kind of crap when it comes to retro game releases. You assume they're driven by passion and it'll all be grand but then the egos come out and money starts hemorrhaging...

• Registered Users Posts: 5,772 ✭✭✭Jack burton

Unfortunately most things are like that, when money comes into play a lot of friendships and agreements go out the window

Sad but true. I expected better from the lads who made pier solar though

• Registered Users Posts: 5,019 ✭✭✭Touch Fuzzy Get Dizzy

ShallowHardtofindBug-max-1mb.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 7,496 ✭✭✭Inviere

• Advertisement

Hows everyone enjoying the snow? I'm blessed with a local pub that was open all day yesterday and today too :)

Hows everyone enjoying the snow? I'm blessed with a local pub that was open all day yesterday and today too :)

Grand, doing a fair bit of work with Launchbox & Retroarch given the downtime. Have MSX, MSX2, MSX Translated, Amstrad CPC, & various other systems up and running that I've been meaning to do for ages. Also sorted out my scanline settings. Now, to actually play some games...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,036 ✭✭✭wheresmahbombs

It's such a delight to a normally mediocre climate. Getting some nice and heavy snow right now. Got to go to the park. Few shops were open.

Inviere wrote: »
    Grand, doing a fair bit of work with Launchbox & Retroarch given the downtime. Have MSX, MSX2, MSX Translated, Amstrad CPC, & various other systems up and running that I've been meaning to do for ages. Also sorted out my scanline settings. Now, to actually play some games...

I find I get more joy tinkering and setting up than I do actually playing games these days. I dunno am I getting old or what

I find I get more joy tinkering and setting up than I do actually playing games these days. I dunno am I getting old or what

I know what you mean. There's a nice sense of satisfaction in getting something set up, running, and configured exactly how you want it......even if that's the last time you touch it! :o

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 34,514 ✭✭✭✭o1s1n
    Master of the Universe

Arcade machines are the worst for that, I see it akin to someone spending ages tinkering on a hobby car in their garage. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 31,955 ✭✭✭✭gmisk

Cracked out the raspberry pi today had a blast playing the arcade versions of the punisher and Cadillacs and dinosaurs ...any other similar recommendations?

Mutation Nation is good

• Registered Users Posts: 16,502 ✭✭✭✭banie01

I finally got around to setting up Retrox on my Shields today!
    Much like Gmisk I started out with Cadillacs and Dinosaurs ;)
    Then it was onto MK2 and SF2.
    My mrs is gone NES crazy tho so its a good thing I have a spare in the ManCave! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,718 ✭✭✭The Last Bandit

The ability to work from home can sometimes be a curse :mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,029 ✭✭✭um7y1h83ge06nx

The ability to work from home can sometimes be a curse :mad:

Here, here. I was in the same boat size Wednesday.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,994 ✭✭✭Shapey Fiend

I work from home all the time but needless to say with the creche closed and snow outside I got very little work done! Should really start now just hoping nobody else did any either.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,056 ✭✭✭Sparks43

Hope everyone is keeping well. Been a bloody cold few days and glad that the worst of it is over.

Little miss sparks and me created this strange looking thing

attachment.php?attachmentid=444474&d=1520072471[\img]

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,532 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

I have a whale of a tale to tell!

Get to it later.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,532 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

Right
    I was out in my office, in Portrane, when the weather turned nasty and staff throughout the residential service were calling off sick or unable to make it in.
    I don't live too many miles from Oldtown where we have a campus and I "volunteered" to head there. I get there at 10am, bringing a few staff enroute.
    I normally work to 5pm but knew I would be there til half eight.
    Then no night staff arrived to relieve us, so I stayed on for the night as well.
    Then no day staff arrived yesterday morning, so we were on for that as well!
    Finally got moving yesterday evening, I was expecting a further minivan to take staff back home to Portrane as I headed for Swords.
    But then the car from Portrane couldn't make it, so I had to promise to return after the Swords run.
    So, from Oldtown to Ballyboughal then up to the Rathbeale rd, it was one scary drive in the dark and snow drifts. Got most of the way when, avoiding a car, got suck on a drift. Bugger!
    20 minutes of pushing, rocking and heaving the car wasn't moving. Luckily a passer by could take the six passengers on to Swords and I waited with the car, until a guy with a jeep could come back.
    30 mins on no one turned up but I finally got it out of the drift and managed to get home.
    Very dangerous out there last night!
    I had to ring and apologise for not being able to return for the other staff, I'm not sure they understood!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,953 ✭✭✭Doge

And back home in time to play Superhot, to warm you back up!

TL:Dr
    I nearly got stuck then didn't.

• Registered Users Posts: 31,955 ✭✭✭✭gmisk

Mutation Nation is good
    Excellent recommendation thanks!

I can also recommend captain commando and teenage mutant hero turtles, turtles in time....lots of fun!

CiDeRmAn wrote: »
    TL:Dr
    I nearly got stuck then didn't.
    At least you got home safe eventually, my friend was in the hospital labs in Dublin since Thursday, just home this morning.
    Are you due back again or have you time off for a bit?

Sparks43 wrote: »
    Hope everyone is keeping well. Been a bloody cold few days and glad that the worst of it is over.

Little miss sparks and me created this strange looking thing

attachment.php?attachmentid=444474&d=1520072471[\img]
    Very cute photo.
    Got out for a bit yesterday, brought my dog out and took photos, don't think he was in snow before. It was lovely, very quiet could just hear my steps in the snow.

28471528_10215567537243023_3651415243641100214_n.jpg?efg=eyJpIjoidCJ9&oh=5c1804ae63190a49684ac67a91ffc9da&oe=5AFF8D8D

Otherwise just pajamas and Zero Time Dilemma on Vita, so nothing unusual :pac:

He's not looking too impressed by the snow :)

At least you got home safe eventually, my friend was in the hospital labs in Dublin since Thursday, just home this morning.
    Are you due back again or have you time off for a bit?

I'm off till Monday

CiDeRmAn wrote: »
    I'm off till Monday
    That's some time ti relax, hopefully it'll all be gone by then. I found today the coldest yet, so hard to warm up
    He's not looking too impressed by the snow :)
    He's rarely impressed tbf lol. The other dog had gone so it might be that too.

Can't get the heat into me today at all.
    I'm watching Star Wars Rebels with the fire lit!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,851 ✭✭✭Steve X2

Been snowed in the last few days here in Bray. It was all going fine until a falling tree severed the power to our area last night!
    No power for 16 hours, my camping and hiking gear certainly came in handy, and the views out the window were fairly nice anyway :)

Homemade security camera footage out the front(raspberry pi and a few bits).

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement