Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

General Arcade and Retro Chat - Insert Coin -

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 567 ✭✭✭Burzum

Just a heads up if anyone here is bidding on these ebay listings it looks like they are fake listings taken from here https://retrogames-swindon.co.uk/gallery

The listings by this seller https://www.ebay.ie/usr/sheldohobb44?_trksid=p2055119.m1438.l2754

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 15,183 Mod ✭✭✭✭Atavan-Halen

So, drunken atavan time.

There’s something I want to tell y’all and that is that I’m gay. Coming to Canada was this amazing experience that allowed me to be myself and be selfish but in a good way. I’m unapologetically myself and but I totally understand if some of you
    Don’t accept it. That’s cool. I totally respect your opinon.

But yeah there it is. I’m tired of hiding and lying about who I am and being a part of this forum for almost 10 years I fell I owe it to you
    Guys to be honest.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,528 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

Well Atavan, speaking for myself, I don't think who you choose to fall in love with or spend your time in a bedroom with makes a difference to the fact that I respect and see you as a friend.

It doesn't really come as particular surprise though!
    But then I suppose we are familiar with each other outside of this space.

I'd also like to add that the news changes nothing except that I hope your happiness increases, unbounded, as a result.

But if you start posting about SoR or Golden Axe I'll disown you forever.
    But then you knew that!

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,528 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

Oh, and the post is remarkably well written for a typical drunk Atavan post, so well done for turning a corner there too!
    Truly a day that will go down in A&R history!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,019 ✭✭✭Touch Fuzzy Get Dizzy

Our pinky promise still stands of course, if we're not married at 40 we'll get together just to have a party like and have a house full of doggos and a Pokemon / Sonic room.
    :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,950 ✭✭✭Doge

Happy coming out Atavan!

I doubt anyone on here wouldn't accept it, at least I would hope not anyway, we're a nice bunch.

I'm delighted the move to Canada has opened up new horizons for you, I've always wanted to move there myself.

And another thing, if there is anyone with a problem, they can show themselves out

• Registered Users Posts: 5,772 ✭✭✭Jack burton

Good for you dude, enjoy Canada.

8LbUk7V.gif

Seriously though, be happy, be your own man!

• Registered Users Posts: 567 ✭✭✭Burzum

Just seen this video on youtube, a cool group of people bringing back alot of the dreamcast servers.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZuT7dE2NHn0
    Just wondering if anyone on here has tried any of the servers on their Dreamcast's, Will try it myself as soon as I get a working console.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,466 ✭✭✭Inviere

So, drunken atavan time.

There’s something I want to tell y’all and that is that I’m gay. Coming to Canada was this amazing experience that allowed me to be myself and be selfish but in a good way. I’m unapologetically myself and but I totally understand if some of you
    Don’t accept it. That’s cool. I totally respect your opinon.

But yeah there it is. I’m tired of hiding and lying about who I am and being a part of this forum for almost 10 years I fell I owe it to you
    Guys to be honest.

It changes fook all man. And for anyone who it does change things for, well, their respect or opinions aren't worth caring about or bothering with :)

• Advertisement

Wondering if you lads and ladies could help me out.

Doing a little project about SNES vs Mega Drive. Trying to come up with what characters/games to have "vs" each other.

These will be illustrated for some artwork so I don't want to have it too obscure. I refuse to do Sonic vs Mario aswell :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,036 ✭✭✭wheresmahbombs

Burzum wrote: »
    Just seen this video on youtube, a cool group of people bringing back alot of the dreamcast servers.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZuT7dE2NHn0
    Just wondering if anyone on here has tried any of the servers on their Dreamcast's, Will try it myself as soon as I get a working console.

Reminds me of the SA1 and SA2 videos I watched that showcased their website on the Dreamcast.

Doing a little project about SNES vs Mega Drive. Trying to come up with what characters/games to have "vs" each other.

These will be illustrated for some artwork so I don't want to have it too obscure. I refuse to do Sonic vs Mario aswell :p
    Streets of Rage vs Final Fight? Off the top of my head.
    If you remind me in the evening I'll think of some properly.

Streets of Rage vs Final Fight? Off the top of my head.
    If you remind me in the evening I'll think of some properly.

Et Tu Touch Fuzzy?
    Et Tu?

• Registered Users Posts: 34,430 ✭✭✭✭o1s1n
    Master of the Universe

It's going to be difficult as all of the interesting Sega ones are pretty obscure, whereas even my granny knows half of Nintendo's characters. :D

Alex Kidd versus Ness is about as equal as I can currently get it!

Corona vs Link
    Someone from Eternal Champions vs Someone from Killer Instinct
    Ristar vs Luigi
    Dynamite Headdy vs one of the Kongs
    VectorMan vs Samus
    Rocket Knight vs Yoshi
    Shenmue guy vs Turok

Master of the Universe

Vectorman and Pulseman versus Samus and Megaman would be ****ing awesome :D

Ripley (Alien 3 MD) vs Ripley (Alien 3 SNES)
    Road Rash 2 Dude with chain Vs Mario in Mariokart with a green shell
    Virtua Racer Vs some piece of crap from Stunt Race FX
    Thunderforce IV ship Vs Phalanx ship

Master of the Universe

BanjoguyOllie

471030-Header-noscale.jpg

Versus

Ciderdude

81J32qbQT8L.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 8,477 ✭✭✭brianregan09

Haggar from final fight vs axel from streets of rage

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,994 ✭✭✭Shapey Fiend

Wonderboy (there are different dudes but most of em look similar) vs Master Higgins.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,695 ✭✭✭DinoRex

Tyris Flare versus Lady Urbosa

cbiXUdM.png

O1s1n my money's on Banjoguy, I'd say he's a dangerous sod with a whittling knife... and a banjo, natch...

Great suggestions guys! Thanks a million.

Axel vs Mike Haggar is one I thought of too and I'll defo roll with that

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 3,180 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dr Bob

o1s1n wrote: »
    BanjoguyOllie

471030-Header-noscale.jpg

Versus

Ciderdude

81J32qbQT8L.jpg

Sidenote ..I always assumed wiz n Liz was the sequel to WizBall and WizKid but apparently it's not..crikey!

Kirby vs Ristar?
    Bowser vs Robotnik?
    Shinobi vs Ninja Warriors or Goemon?
    Had loads of ideas but wrong consoles or on both.
    Skyblazer vs Strider? I dunno if it works.
    I only had enough brain rom for work :pac:

Some bad sh*t going down regarding Watermelon over the last week.
    Refund requests not being answered and lead artist admitting employees not getting paid, all the while theres been zero contact from the lead developer, who has control over the funds
    http://www.sega-16.com/forum/showthread.php?22142-Paprium-Official-Thread/page387

Master of the Universe

Some bad sh*t going down regarding Watermelon over the last week.
    Refund requests not being answered and lead artist admitting employees not getting paid, all the while theres been zero contact from the lead developer, who has control over the funds
    http://www.sega-16.com/forum/showthread.php?22142-Paprium-Official-Thread/page387

Jaysus, I see some poor lad had $1500 invested in it :eek:

Be sad if that game never sees the light of day, it did look really promising.

Although I'm just reading through that thread and see there are questions around the screengrabs and that they may be in fact mockups!

Ah **** sake.

The whole preorder of games has taken some belt the last while. I got stung for €40 myself off a Kickstarter. Few other times aswell, between that and games turning out to be ****e

I feel bad for the genuine people who are genuine. But my days off preordering are done is say.

• Advertisement
    Master of the Universe

Ah **** sake.

The whole preorder of games has taken some belt the last while. I got stung for €40 myself off a Kickstarter. Few other times aswell, between that and games turning out to be ****e

I feel bad for the genuine people who are genuine. But my days off preordering are done is say.

Yep, I'm in the same boat myself.

After waiting literally years for things like Pier Solar and Nightmare Busters I called it a day.

I waited so long for Nightmare Busters that I'd completely forgotten about it by the time it had arrived. If they'd stolen my money and scammed me I'd never have known!

Saying that, I did just preorder that new King of Demons rerelease... But it's due out next month! :D

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement