Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

General Arcade and Retro Chat - Insert Coin -

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 5,381 Mod ✭✭✭✭Optimus Prime

Thats a pity, i liked the club nintendo thing. ive got a good few things off it over the years.. hope they add something decent to it as Ive a fair amount on it at the minute.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,105 Mod ✭✭✭✭Andrew76

It's also a bit of a kick for anyone buying either of the New 3DSes - no points for the handheld itself?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,695 ✭✭✭DinoRex

What's the bet we're going to get a sh*ty version of Playstation+ from Nintendo?

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 50,825 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

DinoRex wrote: »
    What's the bet we're going to get a sh*ty version of Playstation+ from Nintendo?

Nintendo value their IP too much to cheapen it the way Sony do. I very much doubt they will introduce something like that and are usually very slow to adopt something so drastic.

Although anything is possible with Nintendo.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,276 ✭✭✭readyletsgo

DinoRex wrote: »

Yeah seriously doubt it. I ccertainly hope they don't! Free online is win for Nintendo for as long as they can keep it that way.

I stopped my ps+ sub last year, too many games this it's overwhelming and just never get around to playing them. And physical where ever possible forever! (except on sales on eshop)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 33,733 ✭✭✭✭Myrddin

Just spent the last 45 mins trying to read the eeprom from an original Xbox. For all we give out about with todays computer tech, going back to serial ports etc today was a lesson in humility! Got it done in the end anyway :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 8,849 ✭✭✭Steve X2

Well I finally found out where that giant Game Boy I seen two people carrying around the CHQ building in Dublin was going.

Tgkqn8w.jpg

Some IT company has setup their offices in one of the larger empty shop areas.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 33,733 ✭✭✭✭Myrddin

So it wasn't some kind of hipster demonstration, as o1s1n originally suggested? :D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,717 ✭✭✭The Last Bandit

Myrddin wrote: »
    Just spent the last 45 mins trying to read the eeprom from an original Xbox. For all we give out about with todays computer tech, going back to serial ports etc today was a lesson in humility! Got it done in the end anyway :rolleyes:

Been getting stuck into mine recently as well, had forgotten so much about modding them. This one is tsop'd so easy enough to mess with.

Configured Dash2GAM as the primary dashboard now that XBMC is no longer needed. Basically is the original dash with the 'Live' link replaced with 'Hard drive' so looks great I think.

Ordered a crystal XBOX as well and a bunch of games - I didn't even own a copy of Halo so decided it time to get a few :)

Edit: Actually tHcLite is even better as a dashboard..

I think a friend of mine made that gameboy

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,056 ✭✭✭Sparks43

Is it wrong that i have just eaten a massive bowl of instant noodles just because i was playing Ace Attorney

If they are good enough for Gumshoe then they are good enough for me :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 34,461 ✭✭✭✭o1s1n
    Master of the Universe

**** sake!

Ive spent so long over the last week getting 7100 stars together. My mate helped me out and I managed to get it up to 7550 stars.

Went onto the star catalog yesterday and it kept saying I had 7300. So it wouldn't let me buy 'Ball' - even though I had 7550 in reality.

Logged in today and the catalog finally says I've 7550, but it keeps saying I don't have enough for ball.

Damn you Nintendo!! This should be straightfoward and easy.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,019 ✭✭✭Touch Fuzzy Get Dizzy

Sparks43 wrote: »
    Is it wrong that i have just eaten a massive bowl of instant noodles just because i was playing Ace Attorney

If they are good enough for Gumshoe then they are good enough for me :pac:
    Dying for a noodle sandwich/butty now, ffs.
    sSh47fK.gif
    I did the same when playing P3P and it was noodles and beef bowls every 5 minutes

• Registered Users Posts: 34,461 ✭✭✭✭o1s1n
    Master of the Universe

Finally! It worked!!!

I've never stressed so much over an LCD game in my life :pac:

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,528 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

It's lovely BTW
    And you can get fresh batteries for peanuts in Tiger as well.

Just a heads up guys, as we all know at this stage Parcel Motel are not that gentle with packages/boxes. So if you’re getting a delivery that includes something with compressed gas(and I’m talking deodorant/paint or stuff like that, not crazy stuff) there is a good chance the bottle or can might be damaged and explode or leak out aggressively.
    Why am I saying this, well I got an online boots order sent to my motel as I wasn’t going to be around to collect it at home and I didn’t fancy sending a big boots box into work. Well anyway they crushed the box and a can was burst. So they’ve marked it as “Hazardous Package” and won’t deliver it. I’m guessing it was destroyed/dumped along with the rest of the bits in the box.
    Now it’s my own fault in a way as I should probably not have included a compressed can in the delivery, but I didn’t expect them to be crushing the box!!

Anyway, just something to keep in mind. I never get anything fragile or pricey sent to Parcel Motel anymore as every single box I have got from them has been damaged or crushed badly, usually the items are ok inside but not this time.

Steve SI wrote: »
    Just a heads up guys, as we all know at this stage Parcel Motel are not that gentle with packages/boxes. So if you’re getting a delivery that includes something with compressed gas(and I’m talking deodorant/paint or stuff like that, not crazy stuff) there is a good chance the bottle or can might be damaged and explode or leak out aggressively.
    Good to know, I could have gotten spray paint with them :(

• Registered Users Posts: 2,067 ✭✭✭safetyboy

Ive actually got a can of spray paint and some paints on the way to it at the minute!

keithgeo wrote: »
    Ive actually got a can of spray paint and some paints on the way to it at the minute!

Keith's local Parcel Motel later this week :)

paint-water-looks-like-beautiful-h-bombs.w654.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,717 ✭✭✭The Last Bandit

I really hope my crystal Xbox isn't in the same PM !!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,146 ✭✭✭CathalDublin

Why am I saying this, well I got an online boots order sent to my motel as I wasn’t going to be around to collect it at home and I didn’t fancy sending a big boots box into work. Well anyway they crushed the box and a can was burst. So they’ve marked it as “Hazardous Package” and won’t deliver it. I’m guessing it was destroyed/dumped along with the rest of the bits in the box.
    Now it’s my own fault in a way as I should probably not have included a compressed can in the delivery, but I didn’t expect them to be crushing the box!!

Anyway, just something to keep in mind. I never get anything fragile or pricey sent to Parcel Motel anymore as every single box I have got from them has been damaged or crushed badly, usually the items are ok inside but not this time.

I wouldn't get anything of any value sent by them anymore after the way my last couple of packages have arrived:(

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,528 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

Keith's local Parcel Motel later this week :)

paint-water-looks-like-beautiful-h-bombs.w654.jpg

giphy.gif

CiDeRmAn wrote: »
    giphy.gif
    That's probably just that bean you ate

Hopefully the end up covered in paint, might teach them not to throw the parcels around! :pac:

I can see the headlines now,
    "Man sought for IED device found in Parcel Motel Depot, army Bomb Disposal spokesman said it was a viable device consisting of pressurised cans and using old games consoles as a source of shrapnel, which may certainly have caused injury to Parcel Motel Staff had it detonated. The Gardaí are now seeking a man who fits this description in connection with the device,
    An Artists Impression
    350px-Optimusg1.jpg
    We understand this is an old picture of the suspect"

• Registered Users Posts: 4,146 ✭✭✭CathalDublin

You guys and gals see Weird Al is coming to Dublin in October!
    I, for one, will be front and centre!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,067 ✭✭✭safetyboy

Will the nintendo UK store deliver to Parcel Motel? I want to try get that Majora's mask LTD

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 15,183 Mod ✭✭✭✭Atavan-Halen

safetyboy wrote: »
    Will the nintendo UK store deliver to Parcel Motel? I want to try get that Majora's mask LTD

No they won't. Some orders have slipped through but a lot have been cancelled due to them not shipping to forwarding addresses.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement