Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

General Arcade and Retro Chat - Insert Coin -

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 33,733 ✭✭✭✭Myrddin

DinoRex wrote: »
    I don't think the 3DS is outputting in PAL no matter what region. Just think it's funny that we're still saying PAL.

Ah, I get you. I'm just used to calling EU consoles PAL I guess.
    I got the Bayonetta collectors edition and some Amiibos via the Nintendo store via parcel motel no problem in the past... may bump up my parcel motel insurance for the week it's due to be delivered though.

Yeah prob a good idea. I think I read in the Nintendo forum, that some users using PM addresses were getting their orders cancelled for the Majoras Mask Ltd Ed. of the game only. Seems to be hit & miss with Ninty though

• Registered Users Posts: 5,019 ✭✭✭Touch Fuzzy Get Dizzy

Did you hear the thunder too? My poor dog, she was so scared after hearing it.

Also, I liked the previous name change better. Less cluttered by having the "get dizzy" part below the username.
    No thankfully, it would have scared me more than my dog, he wasn't bothered, my old dog would have been though.
    You can't see it on mobile though and that's usually what I'm on so it annoyed me.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,951 ✭✭✭Doge

"The CPU from the original PlayStation is guiding a probe to Pluto"

http://www.theverge.com/2015/1/15/7551365/playstation-cpu-powers-new-horizons-pluto-probe

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,528 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

Doge wrote: »
    "The CPU from the original PlayStation is guiding a probe to Pluto"

http://www.theverge.com/2015/1/15/7551365/playstation-cpu-powers-new-horizons-pluto-probe

So, while aliens picking up Voyager 1 or 2 will get this,

The unfortunate ET's who find the New Horizons probe will get this,

I wonder if the Guncon will work in a vacuum?

That Majoras Mask XL is already sold out on the Ninty store...

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,106 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

Bit of CRT-themed humour in Persona Q:

2rr9fz7.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 3,695 ✭✭✭DinoRex

Bah! Nintendo cancelled my pre-order over the parcel motel address. Didn't even give me the option to use another address.

Luckily GameStop are actually taking pre-orders for it as well...

Just did my Bloodborne pre-order for the Nightmare edition that comes with a quill.

Luckily GameStop are actually taking pre-orders for it as well...

Any links for that Dino? I can't see it on the site...

I just asked in the shop and the manager said that it was on their system. Both staff members were super excited about it. Only thing is they're not sure if it comes with the statue or not.

I just asked in the shop and the manager said that it was on their system. Both staff members were super excited about it. Only thing is they're not sure if it comes with the statue or not.

Ah cool. Be interesting to see what they retail it at, they're asking €80 for the ltd edition of the game itself, quite a price bump!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,599 ✭✭✭James Howlett

Regular game is only €45 in Smyths.

• Registered Users Posts: 34,461 ✭✭✭✭o1s1n
    Master of the Universe

Was in Gamestop this evening trying to kill some time and decided to look at the WiiU games.

Super Smash Bros - €65
    Bayonetta 2 - €70

Are people really mental enough to pay those prices?

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,528 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

o1s1n wrote: »
    Was in Gamestop this evening trying to kill some time and decided to look at the WiiU games.

Super Smash Bros - €65
    Bayonetta 2 - €70

Are people really mental enough to pay those prices?

Some must be, some very rich and foolish mental people.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,067 ✭✭✭safetyboy

Thinking of getting a 3ds xl, whats the best one to go for? all these ltd edition things are the worth it, I just want to play zelda at the moment.

safetyboy wrote: »
    Thinking of getting a 3ds xl, whats the best one to go for? all these ltd edition things are the worth it, I just want to play zelda at the moment.

The ltd editions are no different to the regular versions, barring the fancy paint scheme. If you're not bothered, go for the regular version. If you're a total Zelda nut though, head down to the credit union on Monday morning...

€20 deposit required in Gamestop by the way.

The Bloodborne Nightmare edition is crazy expensive but checking the price on Game.co.uk it works out cheaper in Gamestop. Amazon don't seem to have it.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,105 Mod ✭✭✭✭Andrew76

€20 deposit required in Gamestop by the way.

The Bloodborne Nightmare edition is crazy expensive but checking the price on Game.co.uk it works out cheaper in Gamestop. Amazon don't seem to have it.

A quick Google says it's €120! :eek:

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,106 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

Bloodborne: Expensive Tat Edition

Master of the Universe

That's the kind of money you might expect to see a rare game go for a few years down the line when it's garnered some sort of collectible and sought after status.

Not for a modern new game though. I don't care how 'special' a special edition it is. They're just printing money doing that.

I can see publishers and marketing departments cackling wildly when they come up with ever more ludicrous, pointless and expensive 'collectors' editions', because they know they'll sell them. Most of them are just full of absolute junk.

Most of the legitimately worthwhile special editions I've gotten - usually ones that come with soundtrack CDs or the like - have usually been a conparable price to or in some cases cheaper than an ordinary release. Some of the smaller American publishers are really good in that sense (like XSeed and their Ys releases, although even they often come with some silly plastic tat).

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,911 ✭✭✭Mr.Saturn

Anybody been in the situation where the collector's edition is the only copy left in stock? Mad case of 'eh, this is not how this is supposed to work, lads".

Master of the Universe

Had a cousin I haven't seen in years up yesterday to have a few cans. Showed him the games room and his eyes nearly fell out of his head. I've never seen someone so overwhelmed looking at games. He was literally plotting his whole gaming life, shelf by shelf :D

• Registered Users Posts: 664 ✭✭✭Tomo.Murphy

Mr.Saturn wrote: »
    Anybody been in the situation where the collector's edition is the only copy left in stock? Mad case of 'eh, this is not how this is supposed to work, lads".

Gamestop and HMV are still sitting on special editions of CoD Ghosts. I've seen the prestige edition for as little as €40. A friend of mine picked up the prestige edition of MW2 and Black Ops at launch and they cost about €150.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,056 ✭✭✭Sparks43

There has been a public release of the 3ds region unlock

Only works for legit carts (not roms)

Been fun testing it and im sure it will be handy for some

Google is your friend as always

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 50,824 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

I feel so old. The DS and Resi 4 are over 10 years old :(

Master of the Universe

Stop lying, they only came out last year! :(

I've been playing Another World a lot lately on the WiiU - the 20th bloody Anniversary Edition!

And in actual fact, that's out of date now, it's really 24 years old :(

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 50,824 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

So does that make the DS retro now? PSP is also over 10 years old now.

Also at the end of this year the 360 is over 10 years old!

Retr0gamer wrote: »
    So does that make the DS retro now? PSP is also over 10 years old now.

Also at the end of this year the 360 is over 10 years old!

I wonder if any launch 360s still work?

The longer you are in the game, of buying and playing games, the more incredible the passage of time appears, wait until you see posts of people whose first console will have been a PS4 or a 3DS!

• Registered Users Posts: 664 ✭✭✭Tomo.Murphy

The RAGE are having somewhat of a sale at the minute. They've a load of stuff sitting outside at €2 each. Got a boxed copy of Mega Games 1, Virtua Cop on PS2 and Gran Turismo on PSP, and the mother picked up Sega Rally and MSR for the Dreamcast when she was passing the other day.

They have a Spectrum manual outside in one of the boxes too. Might interest some of you.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 15,183 Mod ✭✭✭✭Atavan-Halen

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement