Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

GW 18 match day thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 520 ✭✭✭hurlingman97

86 (-4)
    I know it's goo but syill out of cup. My transfers really annoyed me.

Yaya + Siggy OUT
    Silva + Di Maria IN 😑

Also rose 25k places to 75k

• Registered Users Posts: 11,271 ✭✭✭✭FHFC

How's our fsa premier match going, I don't know my password so can't check till I get home

Going wonderfully! Not for me unfortunately!
    iroced wrote: »
    Perfect result for me. Sanchez (C) and Austin.

Now it was close to an absolute perfect gameweek for me. The kind which would have put me back on track and save half my crap start. But for a couple of seconds FPL denied my last min Sakho to Siggy formation change... And Sanchez missed a pen (though this looks minor now).

Anyway delighted with the results. Just annoyed at this last min unchange... Would have broken the 100 pts mark. Will still be close though :D.

Delighted you're finally getting your 'run'. Well played!

• Registered Users Posts: 11,271 ✭✭✭✭FHFC

After most of the day offline only catching up on the thread!

Some monster scores, well done lads.

My 67 is 1.2m for the Gameweek and drops me out of the top 1k by 28 places.

Had captaincy between Costa and Bony and got it wrong, again.

As referred to earlier in the thread, captain picks are what it's all about and mine have gone to hell lately. But for JT I'd be sunk big time!

My captain points (before double) the last 7 weeks are
    Aguero 2
    Sanchez 3
    RVP 2
    Aguero 1
    Hazard 14
    RVP 2
    Bony 2

6 blanks in the last 7, the reasonable shape of rest of my team, esp at the back has saved me from disaster meaning I'm still well up the ranking and can't complain too much, but it's getting a but annoying dropping so many points on 50/50 calls.

Finally, where you just have to laugh about it is Rob feckin Green. After my wise counsel to Lemlin to hang tough with him which he duly ignored, I then went and benched him for fuppin Hamer!!!! :D:D but actually :mad:

The worst thing is that I always intended a one keeper strategy and RG thick and thin till Jan but with Schmeichel injured I thought it was pretty much of a muchness today so I'd give Hamer a run as he had marginally more chance of scoring 2 rather than 1 point of the pair of them.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,747 ✭✭✭Ziegler1988

Been out most of the day at the Arsenal match with little WiFi. 74 points brings me from 90 down to 137 OR.
    Feel I got away with it a bit after captaining Hazard and watching most of the other big choices get more points (feel bad for the Giroud captainers) as well as not owning Costa. Love that the next GW is less than 48 hours away.
    John Terry was my hero again; 38 points in 3 matches since I brought him in.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,838 ✭✭✭redarmy

de gea 3 chester 7 azpi 6 clichy 2 silva 14 sterling 11 siggy 11 hazard 6 costa 11 kane 12 rooney ( c ) 32 ......... 115 ( 38 last week) , think sunday is gona be hard for high points looking at fixtures

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 20,352 ✭✭✭✭Rikand

jimmii wrote: »
    Well there are definitely 3m+ other people who would like to swap positions with you! I don't think I have ever been 2.9k going into the new year!!

i have never been anywhere near 2.9k before in my life until this season :) I'm féckin delighted with how I've been doing :D

2192f5g.jpg

dbqlx4.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 14,810 ✭✭✭✭jimmii

Rikand wrote: »
    i have never been anywhere near 2.9k before in my life until this season :) I'm féckin delighted with how I've been doing :D

Putting yourself in a nice position to pick up a solid finish! What position would you take now if it was offered? Would you take 9999th?

Putting yourself in a nice position to pick up a solid finish! What position would you take now if it was offered? Would you take 9999th?

Anything inside my previous best of 55k, but yeah I'd love a top 10k! :)

Anything inside my previous best of 55k, but yeah I'd love a top 10k! :)

10k is definitely where your finish starts to get a lot of respect especially these days with so many people playing!

Well, this kind of level of achievement is alien to me, so taking it all one step at a time.

I think my team is pretty decent though, so I should be hopefully able to hang onto top 10k. Sometimes the game just throws a gameweek like this one at you and there's nothing you can do about it. Who could have foreseen Giroud losing the rag like that, lol.

• Advertisement

Well, this kind of level of achievement is alien to me, so taking it all one step at a time.

I think my team is pretty decent though, so I should be hopefully able to hang onto top 10k. Sometimes the game just throws a gameweek like this one at you and there's nothing you can do about it. Who could have foreseen Giroud losing the rag like that, lol.

Yeh exactly just the way it goes sometimes! Get your WC right and then keep on making good decisions and who knows where you might end up! Have you used your other WC?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,262 ✭✭✭iroced

Don't want to brag again about my last year great finsh (1.6k :D) but if you can get out of Christmas and the January WC in a similar position than where you are now, there's no reason you can't finish well inside top 10k. Don't take big gamble transfers and captain wise, don't wait too long to get in a performing player (especially when everyone seems to be jumping aboard), continue planning short to mid term ahead (like you seem to have been doing looking at the amount of "calculated" hits you seem to have taken) would be my humble advice.

Yeh exactly just the way it goes sometimes! Get your WC right and then keep on making good decisions and who knows where you might end up! Have you used your other WC?

Used it in Gameweek 10 - Needed to make 5 or 6 transfers and it worked pretty well :)

Used it in Gameweek 10 - Needed to make 5 or 6 transfers and it worked pretty well :)

Lol yeh definitely seems to have done so! Just need good planning and hope the weather stays nice so there aren't too many DGWs that pop up! The seasons I have played my WC early have always seemed to result in me doing better for some reason!

• Registered Users Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

Wow, into the 300's overall.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,553 ✭✭✭✭Dempsey

Anyone else dealing with the Bertrand problem?? I'm going to bench him, best player in the game imo

• Registered Users Posts: 973 ✭✭✭internet_user

91 sees me up to 19k and top my main league for the first time:-)

• Registered Users Posts: 17,022 ✭✭✭✭Iused2likebusts

69 drops me back 900 places to 2.9k. Happy with my team though just had a nightmare captain even a giroud 2 pointer wouldve seen me get green arrows. My 5 other captain options all scored well I just went for the wrong player this week.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,625 ✭✭✭✭extra gravy

Dempsey wrote: »
    Anyone else dealing with the Bertrand problem?? I'm going to bench him, best player in the game imo

My original plan was to sell him before the Chelsea game but I had to use that transfer to get Giroud out. Think I'm just going to play him and hope for the best, if he's playing in a more attacking role again then who knows, he might pick up something.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,779 ✭✭✭Benimar

Finished on 65. Moving the armband from Costa to Bony wasn't my greatest ever move it has to be said.

OR down to 472 and sort of surprised it only fell that far.

Transfers done - Bony and Arfield to Silva and Kane for free. Baines gets one more week do to my reluctance to waste 4 more points on him to transfer him out.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,022 ✭✭✭✭Iused2likebusts

My original plan was to sell him before the Chelsea game but I had to use that transfer to get Giroud out. Think I'm just going to play him and hope for the best, if he's playing in a more attacking role again then who knows, he might pick up something.

He can't play against Chelsea as he is on loan from them

• Registered Users Posts: 564 ✭✭✭irish_man

Watching United's demolition of Newcastle was bitter sweet as I had transferred out Rooney for Falcao. Tragic stuff

He can't play against Chelsea as he is on loan from them

Totally forgot about this!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,746 ✭✭✭Swiper the fox

Made a balls of captain as well, went for Lukaku so at least I got 4 points but all my other front 7 scored 6 or more. 79 moves me very close to 4k overall.
    Reading over the thread I find it hard to believe that the logic of benching Sanchez at home to QPR is even being discussed seriously. No offence to the poster who did it but that was a mistake. At least you've got to assume that Arsenal will be too good for QPR and he'll be an unused substitute.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,570 ✭✭✭patmac

Lucas Hood wrote: »
    Didn't someone sell Costa this morning for Giroud. Possibly for a hit also.

Tough luck.

Almost but Jimmii saved me on the transfers thread, so got 80 points instead of 54 and was that close to doing it, back up to 20k now.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,305 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Prodston

71 points. Dropped 800 places to 4.2k and I'm now officially in a 2 week rut. How times have changed since last year and what I'd have given for this kind of rut :pac: Still frustrating though. Azpi over Terry is doing most of the damage and Silva has caught me completely off guard the last 2 weeks.

Still 2 FTs now going into the next GW and still inside top 5k so doing my best to keep focused on the positives :)

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 15,236 Mod ✭✭✭✭FutureGuy

54 drops me from 7k to 15k. Just one of those weeks that will aways happen to an FPL manager.

Lots to look forward to this week.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,984 ✭✭✭G1032

71 points. Dropped 800 places to 4.2k and I'm now officially in a 2 week rut. How times have changed since last year and what I'd have given for this kind of rut :pac: Still frustrating though. Azpi over Terry is doing most of the damage and Silva has caught me completely off guard the last 2 weeks.

Still 2 FTs now going into the next GW and still inside top 5k so doing my best to keep focused on the positives :)

When did you buy Azpil?

GW15 I got him. He's gone 2,0,6,6 while Terry has gone 1,8,15,15

Allowing the 2 points that Wanyama gave me for the Azpil no show that's a 23 point difference in 4 weeks. MEGA.

That 23 would have me in about 7,000 ish instead of 20,000 ish. Huge.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,088 ✭✭✭Nib

74 sees me drop me drop 300 places to 2.3k. Really surprised at that. Would have been worse if I didn't captain Costa.

• Advertisement

So Sanchez shouldn't have taken the penalty...

Wenger: "Arteta is our No 1 taker and at the moment Cazorla is No 1."

Advertisement