Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Christians most persecuted and discriminated against worldwide

Options
13»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,466 ✭✭✭Clandestine

I think a concept like this is hard to grasp for most people because we live in a country where Christians and their denominations are not discriminated against as such. People are more likely to trust what they see with their own eyes.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,448 ✭✭✭crockholm

Most Christian 'martyrs' die in inter-communal violence related to a whole host of social and political factors. 90% of them die at the hands of other Christian sects. North Korea is probably the most intense persecutor of Christians in the world right now.

But watch this thread and you'll see it's only a flimsy excuse to talk about Islam, Muslims and Arabs.

I had a Quick scan through a website that deals with xtian persecution (worldwatchlist.us) and while NK does indeed top the list,11 of the 14 countries mentioned in the "extreme persecution " category are indeed muslim majority countries. 7 of 13 of "severly persecuted" are Muslim majority, and 17 of 23 of the "moderately persecuted" countries are MM.

The Point can also be made that not many places on the same list have decent Human rights records and that the ordinary Hassan on the street gets the stytty end of the stick too-but please don't lessen the harships/discrimination/fear felt by many christians in those countries because you may fear that it breeds islamophobia.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,080 ✭✭✭ireland.man

crockholm wrote: »
    I had a Quick scan through a website that deals with xtian persecution (worldwatchlist.us) and while NK does indeed top the list,11 of the 14 countries mentioned in the "extreme persecution " category are indeed muslim majority countries. 7 of 13 of "severly persecuted" are Muslim majority, and 17 of 23 of the "moderately persecuted" countries are MM.

The Point can also be made that not many places on the same list have decent Human rights records and that the ordinary Hassan on the street gets the stytty end of the stick too-but please don't lessen the harships/discrimination/fear felt by many christians in those countries because you may fear that it breeds islamophobia.

Thanks for the research. I never played down the experiences of Christians in the ME. Instead I tried to expand the focus onto all Christians. In fact the majority of those martyrs (made so by the Vatican) each year are found in one country, DR Congo. The most repressive regime towards christians is N. Korea.

It's wrong to score points by quantifying repression but that's the entire reason this thread exists and it's offensive. It's wrong to use Christians suffering for a political game.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 194 ✭✭GalwayGuitar

Guess again, you have only 1 more

And yet you said people who believe in god deserved to be persecuted.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,459 ✭✭✭Molester Stallone II

And yet you said people who believe in god deserved to be persecuted.

Wrong again, but thanks for playing

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 194 ✭✭GalwayGuitar

Wrong again, but thanks for playing

But that's what you said...

• Registered Users Posts: 44,080 ✭✭✭✭Micky Dolenz

Live and let live, not a hard thing to live by.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,755 ✭✭✭SeanW

CiDeRmAn wrote: »
    This thread reminds me of the emergent groups in the US campaigning for the rights of white men.
    Ffs.
    http://news.mensactivism.org
    Funny, I reviewed that site (albeit quickly) and I didn't see anything about "white" men, nor indeed anything racial about it at all.

So kudos for starting your post with a scurrilous bold faced lie about race! :rolleyes:

Secondly, are you suggesting that because Christians did bad things in the past, (like the Crusades and the empires) that large scale persecution of people that where not involved (e.g. Christians outside Europe and the US) is OK?

Likewise, are you saying that the large scale demonisation of men by the Feminist-Left (see the University of Virgina false rape story that is the lead items on their site right now) with its claims of "rape culture" that are fictitious, based on lies and double standards, and "male privilege" (that was left behind in the 20th century) are things men should not be concerned about?
    The groups with the power and influence will always seek to make themselves the underdog
    Funny, isn't that exactly what the Feminist-Left are doing (a powerful group of hatemongers, claiming to represent a group that are doing well (women)) yet always screaming about victimhood, "rape culture" and "patriarchy?"
    Like Islamists and their leftist sympathisers, Islam is the worlds fastest growing religion yet we never stop hearing about poor Palestinians and Islamophobia etc.

Advertisement