Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Gameweek 18 Captain poll

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,268 ✭✭✭IsMiseMyself

Half-thinking of just sticking captaincy on RVP. For his price tag, he should be captainable at home against Newcastle. He's either worth it or he's not. If he has a **** game, he's gone. Maybe for Giroud.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,818 ✭✭✭Inspector Coptoor

Fabregas for me at the moment

• Registered Users Posts: 1,711 ✭✭✭larchielads

People not expectin costa to start tomorrow? West ham in the top 4 surely he'll start?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,271 ✭✭✭✭FHFC

People not expectin costa to start tomorrow? West ham in the top 4 surely he'll start?

I'd expect him to start. My captaincy between him and Bony ATM. Leaning towards Bony.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,158 ✭✭✭✭hufpc8w3adnk65

Yaya (wba)
    Have it on Bony, after his Rest I fully expect him too start and tear villa a new 1

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,984 ✭✭✭G1032

• Registered Users Posts: 17,022 ✭✭✭✭Iused2likebusts

G1032 wrote: »

Covering all the bases there is Ben. As I've said before he is a great lad for injury news but when it comes to team selection I wouldn't pay any notice to him. If he tweets someone didn't arrive with the squad that's a great bit of info but his personal opinion on someone starting or not is the same as most of us on here.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,252 ✭✭✭harpstilidie

Yaya (wba)
    Torn between Bony and Sanchez. Currently on Sanchez.

• Registered Users Posts: 42 kolczastyy

Costa (WHU)
    Is someone in here who consider Baines with armband this GM?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,164 ✭✭✭Dearg81

JR6 wrote: »
    Think I'm Gonna bring in giroud and capt him. Been thinking about if for a few days now and still not sure what transfer and capt to do!

I'm thinking of doing the same. He's in good form, playing against Qpr and assured of playing.

• Advertisement

Costa (WHU)
    kolczastyy wrote: »
    Is someone in here who consider Baines with armband this GM?

No

• Registered Users Posts: 5,022 ✭✭✭jamesbere

RVP (NEW)
    I don't know who to pick, rvp bony silva hazard, even carzola is tempting

Yaya (wba)
    Bony seems a safe pick. Nearly 100 poinus ahead in my pay league league so will play it safe.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,880 ✭✭✭✭Rock Lesnar

Cesc is my captain at the minute, but thinking of switching to sanchez or welbeck

• Registered Users Posts: 33,087 ✭✭✭✭CSF

Yaya (wba)
    Covering all the bases there is Ben. As I've said before he is a great lad for injury news but when it comes to team selection I wouldn't pay any notice to him. If he tweets someone didn't arrive with the squad that's a great bit of info but his personal opinion on someone starting or not is the same as most of us on here.
    I'm inclined to disagree. Of course he isn't always right, but his opinion is right more than any individual's naturally should be. Great source.

Costa (WHU)
    Just switched from Sanchez to RVP

• Registered Users Posts: 11,880 ✭✭✭✭Rock Lesnar

The Guardians squad sheets reckon Hazard and Sanchez could be on the bench today, so im sticking with cesc as captain.........or Bony

• Registered Users Posts: 22,249 ✭✭✭✭Lemlin

Yaya (wba)
    Last minute change to Bony. Villa can be a tough nut to crack at times but he and six of the Swansea team were rested at the weekend whereas Villa had a draining game where they went down to ten men against United.

He's also the only one of my three captaincy options that I think will definitely play at least 60 minutes.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,268 ✭✭✭IsMiseMyself

Toooooorn between RVP and Bony. I dunno why but I feel drawn towards RVP, but Bony is definitely the safer option.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,271 ✭✭✭✭FHFC

Lemlin wrote: »
    Last minute change to Bony. Villa can be a tough nut to crack at times but he and six of the Swansea team were rested at the weekend whereas Villa had a draining game where they went down to ten men against United.

He's also the only one of my three captaincy options that I think will definitely play at least 60 minutes.

Those are my reasons too. RVP and Uniteds record in Boxing Day fixtures and RVP's record vs Villa are a temptation, but I don't trust van Gaal not to pull some kind of odd team selection.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,121 ✭✭✭Cypher_sounds

Giroud (QPR)
    Going with Costa he's overdue a few goals. Hope he starts now.

• Registered Users Posts: 565 ✭✭✭irish_man

Watching how bad Newcastle were away at Arsenal and how good Falcao looked last weekend against Villa I decided to take my second punt in consecutive weeks by captaining him. Last week I went for Silva and I lucked out so anything this week is a bonus.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

Sticking with Giroud,on form but I can't shake the nagging feeling that RVP will do damage today.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,705 ✭✭✭✭Ace2007

Other
    Was very tempted with sterling but ended up with it on silva

• Registered Users Posts: 48,190 ✭✭✭✭km79

Falcao
    I've a feeling the Tiger pack will grow by this evening ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,262 ✭✭✭iroced

Costa (WHU)
    Have it on Sanchez in the end with Silva vice.

No obvious options in my team with all the a priori uncertainty around the Chelsea attackers...
    Had an hesitation towards Baines (felt he could finally reward me for my divine patience) but eventually put in on the normal situation obvious choice.

Now that I didn't have time to confirm my Sakho to Siggy formation change, strongly hope Sanchez doesn't feature at all and Silva has another wonder show...

• Registered Users Posts: 22,625 ✭✭✭✭extra gravy

Got Giroud in the end and captained him after resisting all week. Going to be a long wait until half 5 now!

• Registered Users Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

Bony (AVL)
    Lemlin wrote: »

Good decision IMO.

If I had Bony or Giroud I'd be captaining them today ahead of the likes of Sanchez, Hazard etc.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,097 ✭✭✭shadowcomplex

Was I mad to get falcao in for costa and make him captain ?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 909 ✭✭✭auldgranny

Silva (wba)
    Was I mad to get falcao in for costa and make him captain ?

Looking bad for you now.

Advertisement