Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Gameweek 18 Captain poll

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 387 ✭✭El festino

Kane (lei)
    Toss up between Hazard, Sanchez and Bony.
    Like the idea of rested Bony but Villa are resistant. If I had Giroud, it would be him. Gonna go with Sanchez and Bony vc.
    Goin to go with Bony vc as pretty confident he will play. Bit risky to have c and vc who may be subject to rotation.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,590 ✭✭✭Bleating Lamb

Rooney (NEW)
    Brought in Kane with a view to captaincy.....he's a young lad but on fire at mo and against a leaky Leicester defence...here's hoping:)

• Registered Users Posts: 17,022 ✭✭✭✭Iused2likebusts

Brought in Kane with a view to captaincy.....he's a young lad but on fire at mo and against a leaky Leicester defence...here's hoping:)

He was excellent at the weekend. I plan to get him in the wildcard.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,268 ✭✭✭IsMiseMyself

I haven't a breeze to be honest. I don't reckon I'll be getting a high score on Friday at all. Too many variables and several of my players are playing each other and that's a FPL pain if ever there was one. I have it on Hazard at the minute with vice on Bony, though Sanchez, RVP, and Silva are all credible picks too.

I dunno. I have five options so I might just roll a dice. ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,855 ✭✭✭The Wild Bunch

Gotta be Giroud

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 20,553 ✭✭✭✭Dempsey

RVP (NEW)
    Gotta be Giroud

Why? QPR are a form team!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,411 ✭✭✭basillarkin

Dempsey wrote: »
    Why? QPR are a form team!

They are a form team at home, a terrible away team. A poor team in fairness who leak goals and will be relegated

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,855 ✭✭✭The Wild Bunch

They are a form team at home, a terrible away team. A poor team in fairness who leak goals and will be relegated

Succinct and to the point!

• Registered Users Posts: 22,249 ✭✭✭✭Lemlin

Yaya (wba)
    Succinct and to the point!

I'm not sure about relegation for them to be honest. I think Burnley and Leicester will go and then you could have any one of a number of teams.

QPR's problems are at the back and I think cash will be splashed there in January.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,731 ✭✭✭Fowler87

Giroud (QPR)
    On Costa atm but could easily be Sanchez come Stephens morning. Happy Christmas everyone

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,252 ✭✭✭harpstilidie

Yaya (wba)
    Nobody going for Costa?

• Registered Users Posts: 33,087 ✭✭✭✭CSF

Yaya (wba)
    Nobody going for Costa?
    I'd say we're working off a 50% likelihood of him starting.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,083 ✭✭✭Chesty08

Nobody going for Costa?

Not on current form and not against WH.

Costa is a poor captaincy choice as he never rates high for Bps either!

Yaya (wba)
    CSF wrote: »
    I'd say we're working off a 50% likelihood of him starting.

Would you not say Sanchez is the same? Have it on Sanchez at the minute.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,087 ✭✭✭✭CSF

Yaya (wba)
    No, I'd say there is some chance of Sanchez playing both games, so I'd make him about 65-75% for either game right now (obviously his percentage would drop significantly for the 2nd game if he plays the 1st)

Whereas Costa, I would be stunned if he played both games, so I think it is almost a straight up question of which one he plays and which one he rests.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,083 ✭✭✭Chesty08

I wouldnt. He was rested and never travelled against Galatasaray with the importance of the Xmas period in mind.

People only having doubts because he was poor against Liverpool... the old excuse, 'he looked tired'

He is the main man and he will play. He will start and he will score! He will be brought off after 65mins when they are 4-1 up.

Yaya (wba)
    CSF wrote: »
    No, I'd say there is some chance of Sanchez playing both games, so I'd make him about 65-75% for either game right now (obviously his percentage would drop significantly for the 2nd game if he plays the 1st)

Whereas Costa, I would be stunned if he played both games, so I think it is almost a straight up question of which one he plays and which one he rests.

Fair enough. Costa is probably more likely to play v Southampton I guess.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,305 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Prodston

Don't know really but have 4 good options in theory.

- RVP is destined to haunt me this season I reckon so maybe just having him will be enough if he does decide to perform but then Alwnick is in goal.
    - Bony has had his rest one assumes and is very tempting. Who knows what Villa side will show up and Wilf certainly is due an explosion of points.
    - Sanchez at home to QPR is probably the wisest choice and is probably the leading contender for the masses I assume
    - Hazard is Hazard but little doubts with that knock and the fact he hasn't had a rest yet.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,969 ✭✭✭✭alchemist33

Costa (WHU)
    Finally decided. Sanchez (c) and Rooney (vc)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,337 ✭✭✭Wombatman

Sterling (bur)
    Santi always delivers at Christmas time.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 22,625 ✭✭✭✭extra gravy

Think I've finally decided on Sanchez (c) Yaya (vc)

• Registered Users Posts: 42,084 ✭✭✭✭Scorpion Sting

Yaya (wba)
    I've decided to go with Bony (c) Yaya (vc)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,737 ✭✭✭Hococop

Kane (lei)
    Have it on Yaya but still not sure, anyone recommend a different player on my team?

Yaya (wba)
    Hococop wrote: »
    Have it on Yaya but still not sure, anyone recommend a different player on my team?

Yaya looks your best bet there.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,810 ✭✭✭✭jimmii

Sanchez (QPR)
    Hococop wrote: »

Yaya definitely the best option. Oscar, welbeck or kaku not the worst punt. Nice to see a fairly different team there!

Yaya (wba)
    jimmii wrote: »
    Yaya definitely the best option. Oscar, welbeck or kaku not the worst punt. Nice to see a fairly different team there!

I think he's in a draft league so that would explain it.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

Bony (AVL)
    FF Scout members article regarding the captaincy choice for this gameweek has put me off Sanchez to be honest.

**** it, Van Persie's getting my armband (again) and I'm logging out of FPL until after tomorrows deadline pending anything dramatic coming to our knowledge between now and then. If he does nothing it's a perfect excuse for me to transfer him out and load up in midfield/defence :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 4,668 ✭✭✭sheroman01

Costa (WHU)
    Yet again I'm completely torn. I can't see why Arsenal would rest Sanchez but the talk of how he might be dropped is getting to me. Currently have it on Sanchez but might just change it to Kane at the last minute. Then again, there's always Bony...

• Registered Users Posts: 973 ✭✭✭internet_user

Costa (WHU)
    Sanchez captain silva VC as he'll surely start! Let the real christmas day unfold:cool:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 433 ✭✭JR6

Silva (wba)
    Think I'm Gonna bring in giroud and capt him. Been thinking about if for a few days now and still not sure what transfer and capt to do!

Advertisement