Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Gameweek 17 Matchday Thread

Options
1373839404143»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,400 ✭✭✭TacT

dropped from 22.9 to 36.5 OR after a meagre 56 with my 3rd poor armband of the season.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 15,236 Mod ✭✭✭✭FutureGuy

AdMMM wrote: »
    Down 4k to 48k after a decidedly average 57.

From watching the game last night, it seems as if Hazard's injury is a cut to the leg at worse - I'd be confident of him being able to start the next games. Costa also could have had two goals if Begovic didn't do very well to close the angles. I'm sure he'll be getting a few goals over Christmas too.

Thought Costa was pretty poor in terms of what counts in FPL. Bego is a decent keeper and would be expected to close angles like that but Costa should have scored at least one of his chances.

However, Costa is doing a great job of letting the attacking mids have more space and the likes of Hazard, Fabregas and Oscar have been doing great as a result.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,164 ✭✭✭Dearg81

wonski wrote: »
    Is 90 a new record on boards? I remember GillespieRoad doing really well last season, did he get to top 100?
    I said it before, and others did, too that we - as a forum -have a really good run. Sky is the limit this year guys. Let's go for it.

I got up to 18th 2 seasons ago before finishing in 25th. I dont think I'll be matching that anytime soon although I'm up to 43k now after another good week with 79 points.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,779 ✭✭✭Benimar

Finished on 85 points thanks to Charlie (c), Downing, Fab and Zabaleta.

OR 214. Needless to say my highest ever Position.

Baines and Costa are becoming problems though. 18m+ for 3 points has me thinking of ditching both and eventually getting Hazard, the one player I don't have that worries me.

• Registered Users Posts: 387 ✭✭El festino

Finished on 79 (-4). A bit of what ifs as I captained Eriksen and had Austin vice captain but delighted with that score.
    Have jumped from 378k to 33k since gameweek 12 so on a good run.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 22,249 ✭✭✭✭Lemlin

FutureGuy wrote: »
    However, Costa is doing a great job of letting the attacking mids have more space and the likes of Hazard, Fabregas and Oscar have been doing great as a result.

He's doing exactly what Drogba used to do for the likes of Robben and Lampard. That is why they used to score alot of goals and Drogba relatively few in his first seasons at Chelsea.

Drogba didn't hit twenty goals in a season until his third. His first two seasons were 10 and 12.

• Registered Users Posts: 42,084 ✭✭✭✭Scorpion Sting

A score of 69 sees me maintain my top 1k position. I move up over 100 places to 858th place. A lack of Chelsea and City defensive coverage for the last 5 or 6 gameweeks has been the only downside to what's been a great season so far.

• Registered Users Posts: 773 ✭✭✭seklly

70 points brings me up a few places to 154th in the world, my last minute decision to move the captaincy from Austin to Yaya did a little damage!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,915 ✭✭✭✭menoscemo

menoscemo wrote: »
    Thanks to Pantillimon, I am up to 730 tonight. Delighted :D
    Hazard and Costa tomorrow so hopefully can hold the top 1000 for christmas.

No top thousand for Christmas for me :o.
    Lack of a Chelsea defender cost me, down to 1109, but still a 2k rise for the gameweek. New target is to be in the top thousand for the new year!!

• Registered Users Posts: 20,354 ✭✭✭✭Rikand

SantryRed wrote: »
    After my well documented 4 weeks of sliding 2-300 places each week, I finally got a really good week and jumped from 1.7k to 522nd in the overall rankings!

Am I right in saying there's 5 of us in the top 1000 atm? Ziegler, Me, Paully, FHFC and wonski? Is there more?

New Target Acquired!

Benimar, jebforever and Seklly in as well.

And a few of ye aren't in the boards.ie and boards.ie fsa league either, which is good :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 36,206 ✭✭✭✭SlickRic

just inside the top 30k.

decent position to be in going into Christmas.

this period, as well as navigation of the January wildcard and new transfers, is when the field will really start to get stretched.

business time is now.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,195 ✭✭✭irish son

70(-4) brings me up 10k from 45k to 35k, solid score for the week. Hoping to push on and be in the top 10k after the next 3 rounds after the New Years Day matches.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,915 ✭✭✭✭menoscemo

Rikand wrote: »
    New Target Acquired!

Benimar and Seklly in as well.

And a few of ye aren't in the boards.ie and boards.ie fsa league either, which is good :D

Didn't know about an FSA league. I am 6th in the boards.ie league. I assume that's you 1 place behind on the same points?

menoscemo wrote: »
    Didn't know about an FSA league. I am 6th in the boards.ie league. I assume that's you 1 place behind on the same points?

Yep - the team name kind of gives it away ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,083 ✭✭✭Chesty08

Rikand wrote: »
    New Target Acquired!

Benimar, jebforever and Seklly in as well.

After a few weeks in the Top 1,000, I had a bad week and have dropped to 2.2k OR. I will be back tho :)

• Registered Users Posts: 387 ✭✭El festino

Lemlin wrote: »
    He's doing exactly what Drogba used to do for the likes of Robben and Lampard. That is why they used to score alot of goals and Drogba relatively few in his first seasons at Chelsea.

Drogba didn't hit twenty goals in a season until his third. His first two seasons were 10 and 12.

Very interesting. Starting to consider whether to keep him part of my long term plans. Even though he didn't score, at least he got into the positions. He could have easily scored two but for poor finishing. Alot to consider.

Chesty08 wrote: »
    After a few weeks in the Top 1,000, I had a bad week and have dropped to 2.2k OR. I will be back tho :)

We shall not rest...... until every single FSA member populates the top 1000!

• Registered Users Posts: 22,249 ✭✭✭✭Lemlin

SlickRic wrote: »
    business time is now.

This.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,747 ✭✭✭Ziegler1988

For Flight of the Concords fans: http://youtu.be/AqZcYPEszN8

• Registered Users Posts: 1,250 ✭✭✭Joekers

98(-8) this week good enough to bring me just inside the top 31k up from 90K last week, absolutely delighted :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,121 ✭✭✭Cypher_sounds

Ended with 67pts which brings me from 36k to around 27k, hoping i can continue back up into the smaller numbers over the next few gameweeks. Not having Austin has hurt me, might bringing in for gw19.

Advertisement