Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Gameweek 17 Matchday Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 20,348 ✭✭✭✭Rikand

wish i had taken a screenshot of my 24 hours inside the top 1000 :)

out to 1100 in the world. which is still good, lol :)

and screenshotted, lol

• Registered Users Posts: 11,271 ✭✭✭✭FHFC

EefcN33.png

Dreamland cloud9.gif

Nice. Was thinking you'd be high seeing as we started on the same points and I held onto 609 after a shît week.

Well done, back,on your tail hopefully!

• Registered Users Posts: 13,687 ✭✭✭✭wonski

Dreamland cloud9.gif

Now this is what i call a result:eek:

This was my dream for a while. Nice place to be in, i guess. Al these clouds...:)

• Registered Users Posts: 16,305 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Prodston

54 (-4)

Dropped from 1.6k to 3.4k. I'll take my medicine and move on. I got used to bad weeks last year but they hurt a hell of a lot more now that I'm in such a great position. Always somewhat arrogantly thought I could convert my opportunities well when I got in position but bad choices everywhere I turned.

I'll be fighting for every point the next few weeks and all it takes is a good week to get right back up there. Forgot how bloody frustrating this game can be :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,088 ✭✭✭Nib

Great stuff, Ziegler.

All the more impressive considering you have two GW ranks of over 2M.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 8,502 ✭✭✭spock.

Lost a few places today but still inside 9k OR. Rose 10k this week

• Registered Users Posts: 1,352 ✭✭✭MR NINE

theRB wrote: »
    110 points was good enough for 80th in the world this gameweek. Nice early Christmas present!

Nice one! I was chuffed with my gw rank of 16k! Best ive had in a long time

• Registered Users Posts: 209 ✭✭theRB

MR NINE wrote: »
    Nice one! I was chuffed with my gw rank of 16k! Best ive had in a long time

Thanks and fair play on 16k! My best, by far, was 33k until now. This is just the second time I've ever hit triple figures.

Is 90 a new record on boards? I remember GillespieRoad doing really well last season, did he get to top 100?
    I said it before, and others did, too that we - as a forum -have a really good run. Sky is the limit this year guys. Let's go for it.

wonski wrote: »
    Is 90 a new record on boards? I remember GillespieRoad doing really well last season, did he get to top 100?
    I said it before, and others did, too that we - as a forum -have a really good run. Sky is the limit this yea guys. Let's go for it.

Yeah, last year was my first year playing and posting here, and the rankings of many regular posters are crazy high. There must be what, 4 or 5 in the top 1,000 currently?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,262 ✭✭✭iroced

Down to 46k. A great GW (80 pts) which finishes very bitterly. Sunday and most importantly Monday results didn't suit me at all but did suit many players. Zab and/or Terry helped many to rescue a captain fail.

Dropped 12k tonight because of no Chelsea back cover and no Fab. Up 50k overall though so delighted with it :).

But Siggy and Hazard potential injuries, Costa **** form and expected rotation and my slowness to get Terry in make me consider an 8 pts hit (Wilson -> Terry, Siggy -> ?, Costa -> Bony/Giroud?). To add insult to injury Sigurdsson's dropping tonight (can't believe how fast he's plummeting :eek: - people have no patience :mad:). Don't want to knee-jerk it though so will have to swallow the £0.1m loss :(.

FHFC wrote: »
    Yeah, last year was my first year playing and posting here, and the rankings of many regular posters are crazy high. There must be what, 4 or 5 in the top 1,000 currently?

More like 10:eek: Could be wrong. Plenty of top 5-10k posters. I hope that those who didn't make the top 10k (yet) won't get tired of reading our posts:o

I said it before, and others did, too that we - as a forum -have a really good run. Sky is the limit this year guys. Let's go for it.

Gillespie road finished 236 overall last year!! :eek:

FHFC wrote: »
    Gillespie road finished 236 overall last year!! :eek:

Come on Ziegler - you can do better than that!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,747 ✭✭✭Ziegler1988

Come on Ziegler - you can do better than that!

Challenge accepted :cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 4,297 ✭✭✭OneColdHand

Up 40 places in to OR! A green arrow is a green arrow!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,409 ✭✭✭basillarkin

My first red arrow since gw9. Down to 7k overall. Had 59 this week for no hits. Major blunder in capt bony who I thought was rotation proof.

Pluses bringing in benteke who has some nice fixture coming up and zabalata at the back who in all honestly could have scored a brace last sat. I still expect himbto be rested at least once during the Xmas period.

Coukdnt see tge game tonight with work but rumors of a hazard injury and another poor diaplay from costa. Roll on the madness of the next few gws.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,249 ✭✭✭✭Lemlin

72 sees me up to 7k. Slow and steady progress.

Some fantastic GW ranks and overall ranks on here this year. It's great to see.

• Registered Users Posts: 39,538 ✭✭✭✭KevIRL

21k :(

• Registered Users Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

Delighted to wake up and see I'm up into the 800's overall. :D

Green arrows all round except in one league. What might have been if I had captained Austin over Van Persie!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 13,224 ✭✭✭✭SantryRed

After my well documented 4 weeks of sliding 2-300 places each week, I finally got a really good week and jumped from 1.7k to 522nd in the overall rankings!

Am I right in saying there's 5 of us in the top 1000 atm? Ziegler, Me, Paully, FHFC and wonski? Is there more?

• Registered Users Posts: 973 ✭✭✭internet_user

94 sees me jump from 109k to 33k! Probably my best ever week:)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,984 ✭✭✭G1032

Down to 18,000
    Taking a couple of days out (unless Hazard confirmed injured)

• Registered Users Posts: 921 ✭✭✭Shaque attack

Time to chime in and say I've been one of the lurkers on here this season. I'd contribute more if I could put coherent thoughts together.

Anyway a sexy 69points puts me in to the top 15k which for me is my most consistent run I can remember. It'd have been a lot of red arrows if I hadn't listened to the captain Austin brigade.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,345 ✭✭✭Gits_bone

I really have to stop taking hits. :( I take a -4 most weeks I'd say :/

• Registered Users Posts: 22,249 ✭✭✭✭Lemlin

SantryRed wrote: »
    After my well documented 4 weeks of sliding 2-300 places each week, I finally got a really good week and jumped from 1.7k to 522nd in the overall rankings!

Am I right in saying there's 5 of us in the top 1000 atm? Ziegler, Me, Paully, FHFC and wonski? Is there more?

Fair play gents. Great to see so many so high and doing well.

That said, and I don't like putting a dampener on things, the challenge now is to stay there. It's early days yet and it's tough to keep momentum going when you're already that high.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,022 ✭✭✭✭Iused2likebusts

67 pts brings me up another 300 places to 2k. Considering I captained eriksen Im very happy with that score. Really dissapointed I sold Fab when he was suspended said at the time it was a bad kneejerk move by myself. I had the fab haz terry combo which is the ideal chelsea 3 IMO.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 15,233 Mod ✭✭✭✭FutureGuy

Up to 7k with that 78. Making solid progress each week.

Lokking for lots of rotation over the next week or so.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,472 ✭✭✭AdMMM

Down 4k to 48k after a decidedly average 57.

From watching the game last night, it seems as if Hazard's injury is a cut to the leg at worse - I'd be confident of him being able to start the next games. Costa also could have had two goals if Begovic didn't do very well to close the angles. I'm sure he'll be getting a few goals over Christmas too.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,083 ✭✭✭Chesty08

56 (-8)

Really bad week as I have lost huge ground on my rivals :(

OR 900 dropped to 2.3k

4 players on the injury list. Christmas please be kind to me :(

Advertisement