Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

No longer attracted to my girlfriend

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,993 ✭✭✭Mongfinder General

Whatever the fcuk you do don't get her pregnant.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,969 ✭✭✭✭syklops

Boost her self esteem. make here a photo book of lovely pictures from when she was thin with a big opening poetic caption like, 'Roses are red, Violets are blue, You know what else they are? Not fat, like you'

And that started out so nice.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,042 ✭✭✭Wabbit Ears

That's one of the good side effects of her recent elephantiasis, it screws with their ability to get pregnant so whenever he does get the Dutch courage to harpoon that whale there's way less chance of a baby walrus.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,712 ✭✭✭neil_hosey

It'd be safer going in up the muck.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,215 ✭✭✭Pwindedd

nails1 wrote: »
    Yes the weight gain is because of comfort eating and pure laziness. She also quit smoking so this hasn't helped either in terms of extra weight.

That was me 2 years ago. I went to the doctors looking for a miracle cure for my weight gain. Doctor told me to watch my diet and join the gym. I knew all this anyway. My husband had told me. But hearing it from a professional gave me the start I needed to take action. I've lost 35 pounds now. Seriously help her if you can but it has to come from her, not you. I can't really give you any more advice. Except to be as supportive as you can. Good luck. You sound like you love her and if you want it to work it will. Why don't you suggest a sponsored walk or something active for a charity. If you do it together she will enjoy the time and may want to keep it up. Cook her a nice healthy meal. Make it special. You may have a little fun along the way.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 701 ✭✭✭Paco Rodriguez

Ah would ye give over about the shallowness. It's the Ops future. Why should he be a martyr for the PC brigade?

The gf is different from how they first met. Whether it's right or wrong looks is a major part in attraction.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 34,809 ✭✭✭✭smash

Every time she asks you what she should wear, pick out something that used to fit her... She'll get the hint!

• Registered Users Posts: 474 ✭✭Candy_Girl

myshirt wrote: »
    The difference between a wife and a girlfriend, no doubt, is about 3 stone.

And vice versa :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,969 ✭✭✭✭syklops

Pwindedd wrote: »
    That was me 2 years ago. I went to the doctors looking for a miracle cure for my weight gain. Doctor told me to watch my diet and join the gym. I knew all this anyway. My husband had told me. But hearing it from a professional gave me the start I needed to take action. I've lost 35 pounds now. Seriously help her if you can but it has to come from her, not you. I can't really give you any more advice. Except to be as supportive as you can. Good luck. You sound like you love her and if you want it to work it will. Why don't you suggest a sponsored walk or something active for a charity. If you do it together she will enjoy the time and may want to keep it up. Cook her a nice healthy meal. Make it special. You may have a little fun along the way.

Wow thats great! Well done you!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 18,087 ✭✭✭✭RobbingBandit

Fat Chicks need lovin too OP, but they gotta pay.

Tell her to crossdress as Santa for you and she may get the hint, if not have a jolly time with old saint nick. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,491 ✭✭✭looking_around

if it's just the weight that's bothering you, then that's shallow.
    but it's likely not just that. Normally with dramatic weight change comes dramatic lifestyle change.

Other than "being lazy" and "comfort eating", what was her lifestyle like before? What were her food choices like? did she do much walking etc? why did she quit the fags?(if it was for health, she may appreciate encouragement....encouragement now, things like "lets go for a walk"....if it was for finances though, has their been other cuts that maybe is getting her down? hence the comfort eating? )

• Registered Users Posts: 810 ✭✭✭fermanagh_man

Chances are you break up with her, she loses weight and becomes hotter than ever just to spite ye

• Registered Users Posts: 2,465 ✭✭✭supersean1999

Op i think its fecked. If you cant look across the couch and want to rip the clothes off your gf. Imagine how ****** you will be after you have knocked a few kids out of her.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 35,514 ✭✭✭✭efb

Maybe she thinks your not worth the effort???

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,954 ✭✭✭Tail Docker

Is he still going out with the heavy burd?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,245 ✭✭✭myshirt

Candy_Girl wrote: »
    And vice versa :D

Ammm... no... not true at all.

Very universally known that the bulk of women pile on the weight following marriage. Yes there might be men, but I'd be confident nothing of consequence.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,305 ✭✭✭Cantremember

SCOOP 64 wrote: »
    Why do women always start off slim?

They have a plan.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,245 ✭✭✭myshirt

Lisha wrote: »
    No we don't. We just eat more than we should.

And ye also do more stuff, imho

• Registered Users Posts: 303 ✭✭Ann84

SCOOP 64 wrote: »
    Why do women always start off slim?

Why do most men start off with a full head of hair?

:)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 474 ✭✭Candy_Girl

Very universally known that the bulk of women pile on the weight following marriage. Yes there might be men, but I'd be confident nothing of consequence.

Ah I must have been in the minority so...

• Registered Users Posts: 4,005 ✭✭✭MistyCheese

Propose. She'll want to shed the weight for the wedding. Job done.

Just don't get too big of a wedding cake.

efb wrote: »
    Maybe she thinks your not worth the effort???

Maybe the competition is fatter.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,235 ✭✭✭✭Cee-Jay-Cee

Some day when she's away for a few hours, get all the clothes she used to wear when you first met and she was slim and put them in her wardrobe, drawers etc and hide all the clothes she wears at the moment. She'll soon get the message.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,358 ✭✭✭corner of hells

Lisha wrote: »
    No we don't. We just eat more than we should.

So , how you doin ?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,967 ✭✭✭Soups123

Maybe the competition is fatter.

If she keeps piling it on he'll need help from a mingfinder not a mongfinder.....

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 37,244 CMod ✭✭✭✭ancapailldorcha

Maybe he already did?

We sat again for an hour and a half discussing maps and figures and always getting back to that most damnable creation of the perverted ingenuity of man - the County of Tyrone.

H. H. Asquith

• Registered Users Posts: 16,370 ✭✭✭✭nullzero

Might I add... No fat chicks.

Glazers Out!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,882 ✭✭✭JuliusCaesar

Hmm, most men develop a jowly look, a slight pot, a bit of a well-fed and I-no-longer-have-to-work-for-it look after marriage.

Then it all goes downhill.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,248 ✭✭✭kstand

You have 2 options.
    1. Turn to drink and when she takes you up on it tell her you said nothing when she started eating.
    2. Tell her she's going running after Christmas. Get a bike and cut a good ash plant and put her out running and if she starts slowing down or walking, use the plant.

Advertisement