Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

North Korea Wins!!!

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,008 ✭✭✭uch

Have you seen the Opposite video yet?

21/25

• Registered Users Posts: 7,089 ✭✭✭mada999

It's all about a new SOPA....

"I Wanna watch this movie man"... ok but we want to introduce a bill to restrict the internet......." yeah yeah whatever, bla bla I'll sign, them does damn hackers, ok where can i watch this moviez"

am i doin it right ??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,954 ✭✭✭Tail Docker

Expect such a reaction when you make a movie with such premise, no one likes to have their leader disrespected. I dare them to make such a movie but with Putin instead

Meh, I'm alright with it. I'd say Enda would have a little chuckle too,then again, no, no he probably wouldn't..but I'm alright with it.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 862 ✭✭✭Grand Moff Tarkin

Dr Evil will deal with both Sony and NK.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,754 ✭✭✭ebbsy

They are small, round, and score at every ground, North Korea, North Korea.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 25,067 ✭✭✭✭My name is URL

Tony EH wrote: »
    Considering that there hasn't been a shred of actual evidence provided and that NK routinely gets criticised for behind pretty backwards regarding technology, I wouldn't be in the least bit surprised if it turned out not to be anything to do with North Korea at all and it actually came from North America.

Colour me unimpressed, unconcerned and totally unconvinced.

:/

I agree. Also the fact that NK is roundly denying that it's responsible shouldn't be ignored or dismissed. Those loopers regularly take credit for stuff that never happened, so why would they deny involvement here?

And if NK were capable of pulling off such a massive infiltration and theft of data, why the fcuk would they even choose Sony as a target and not one of the many institutes or government departments around the world that would have stuff on their servers that's actually pertinent to NK?

100 TB of data would take months to transfer over the internet, even on a decent connection, so the chances that it was done remotely and with no detection are slim to none.

Meh.. the US never passes up on an opportunity to make its 'opponents' look bad, and Sony don't exactly have the best of records when it comes to dodgy software and internal security.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,900 ✭✭✭InTheTrees

I agree. Also the fact that NK is roundly denying that it's responsible shouldn't be ignored or dismissed. Those loopers regularly take credit for stuff that never happened, so why would they deny involvement here?

You're right. My god, they're cunning arent they?

By denying they did it its almost like they're saying they didnt do it.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,784 ✭✭✭DeanAustin

Tony EH wrote: »
    There are few people in the west, especially those that populate message boards, that have the first clue about ANYTHING that goes on in North Korea.

It's hilarious the amount of people that come onto internet land waxing lyrical about a nation they know bugger all about and try to pass their words off as knowledge.

Personally speaking, I have a very hard time believing ANYTHING that the west, especially America :pac:, says about the country.

So go on tell us, what goes on there?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16,635 ✭✭✭✭dr.fuzzenstein

InTheTrees wrote: »

The problem with statements from NK is, that you would have to look up and check if they told you the sky was blue. It's called propaganda but is also known as utter horsesh*t.
    Of course the same could be said about the West, but I think we're still more reliable than a fascist dictatorship run by a fruitcake.
    As for respect? The sooner that cnut has his skull bashed in with a shovel like a rabid dog, the better. I'll volunteer.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,906 ✭✭✭Streetwalker

Funny how everyone laughs at NK but yet they obviously have the power to cause a lot of damage in a cyber war.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,449 ✭✭✭Call Me Jimmy

Cyber war is a constant source of my chuckles

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,452 ✭✭✭✭The_Valeyard

• Registered Users Posts: 25,067 ✭✭✭✭My name is URL

InTheTrees wrote: »

It doesn't matter whether they deny it or accept responsibility.. what they say cannot be proven one way or the other because the US & Sony is not willing to divulge evidence, and everyone else seems happy enough to take their word as gospel.

In the meantime they are considering putting NK back on the 'terror list', despite them actually engaging in talks and outside dialogue more now than in the last number of decades.

http://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2014/dec/21/obama-us-north-korea-state-terror-list-sony-hack
    The United States may classify North Korea a state sponsor of terrorism after its “cybervandalism” of Sony Pictures, President Barack Obama has said.

The president said the hack on the Hollywood studio was not an act of war but was “very costly”, and could land Pyongyang back on the administration’s terror list

And the icing on the cake -
    Foreign governments and freelance hackers presented cyberthreats to commerce, he said

... so you can see where that's heading.

Who is going to be most affected by the fallout of all of this... North Korea, multi-billion dollar corporations, joe soap? I wonder!

The US and its lapdogs are responsible for more acts of 'cyber vandalism' than a tin-pot country like NK could ever be, yet you'd be called a nutjob for suggesting that what they do is 'terrorism'.

Cyber war is a constant source of my chuckles

A few websites actually shows cyber attacks as they happen:
    http://map.ipviking.com/
    https://www.fireeye.com/cyber-map/threat-map.html

edit:
    It's almost hypnotic.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,807 ✭✭✭Custardpi

This website actually shows cyber attacks as they happen:
    http://map.ipviking.com/

You can clearly see that 90% of attacks come from China and 90% of the target is the US.
    NK don't even feature on this map. North Star OS me arse.

A lot of attacks originating from the Netherlands for some reason. Who pissed off the Dutch? :confused:

Custardpi wrote: »
    A lot of attacks originating from the Netherlands for some reason. Who pissed off the Dutch? :confused:

You think they would be very chilled out and mellow. :cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 18,987 ✭✭✭✭Tony EH

Custardpi wrote: »

You can make a "cyber attack" appear to come from anywhere.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,452 ✭✭✭✭The_Valeyard

More threats......

http://news.sky.com/story/1396088/north-korea-threatens-to-target-the-white-house

At this stage I think they are just pissed not to have Christmas.

• Site Banned Posts: 2,922 ✭✭✭Egginacup

This is more bollocks from the White House. Sony and the FBI have stated that they have found no evidence whatsoever to tie North Korea to the cyber-attack and no evidence has been produced by those so-called unnamed security sources. Just a load of loaded statements, accusations, and zero evidence.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,982 ✭✭✭Caliden

Egginacup wrote: »
    This is more bollocks from the White House. Sony and the FBI have stated that they have found no evidence whatsoever to tie North Korea to the cyber-attack and no evidence has been produced by those so-called unnamed security sources. Just a load of loaded statements, accusations, and zero evidence.

It's a spin on an attack that will be used to tighten internet security 'to protect the children' but in reality it's for common people to hand over their rights in the name of freedom protection profit.

I know it's just a movie and the mask is used everywhere but 'V for Vendetta' is getting scarily accurate as time passes by.

• Advertisement

Egginacup wrote: »

Followed by more bollocks from North Korea. We can be pretty sure both sides are lying and spinning, you can't believe anything anyone says. Though I'd put a tiny bit more trust in the US over NK.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,381 ✭✭✭✭Allyall

you can't believe anything anyone says.

:eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek:

:pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 8,168 ✭✭✭Wompa1

Followed by more bollocks from North Korea. We can be pretty sure both sides are lying and spinning, you can't believe anything anyone says. Though I'd put a tiny bit more trust in the US over NK.

I live in the US, I also work as an IT Administrator, which in my current role includes security. I'm not a forensics expert by any means but have experienced deliberate attacks. Actual proper attacks and Denial of Service attacks...

It makes much, much more sense that the 'hack' came from within.

If you believe that it was from within, like me, you're next question would be why would the US government and the FBI claim it has proof that it was North Korea?

In my opinion, this will be used a fodder to try and bring restrictions and regulations like SOPA back into the mix. People were very vocal against it, they had no choice but to back down. Look at the way the media and the US Government are portraying this now. It's about the North Koreans trying to attack Americans freedom of speech from afar and this is a new and real danger etc. etc.

They are trying to make people fearful to the point that they will accept any BS solution the Government comes up with, which will inevitably take away even more of the citizens liberties.

I'm aware that I sound like a crackpot!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,168 ✭✭✭Wompa1

Allyall wrote: »
    Reports just coming in that NK are having problems with their internet...
    http://www.politico.com/story/2014/12/north-korea-internet-113746.html
    It is not know whether or not it is related to the Sony hack last week.

My guess is they're on UPC..

Yeah, people are claiming they have a single network, thus there's no alternative for use, they are completely down...even more reason to believe they wouldn't even have the expertise to hack a corporate network...They don't have any type of security themselves!!

It does sound crackpotty, but that's because people believe what the media and Government say, even though they say aloud that they themselves don't believe/trust them. We're brought up at way, almost conditioned, and the biggest threat to any and every Government is the internet.
    Groups can form online, truths can be told, voices can be heard etc.. Used in a helpful, progressive advancement, and may even help us move away from archaic politics.
    But they only want people to see the bad, and will continue to point it out (without the good) as long as it keeps them in control.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,346 ✭✭✭King George VI

North Korea's internet is down. They were probably all trying to torrent The Interview.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,348 ✭✭✭✭ricero

About time the USA strike back they can't look weak against these NK terrorists. Time the USA take them out and free the north Koreans. USA USA USA USA USA

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,993 ✭✭✭✭recedite

Fcuk yeah!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 237 ✭✭Scruffy19

Wompa1 wrote: »

They are trying to make people fearful to the point that they will accept any BS solution the Government comes up with, which will inevitably take away even more of the citizens liberties.

I'm aware that I sound like a crackpot!

To any John Doe reading this will think your a crackpot yeah! But for anyone who has been following the information being released by whistleblowers will agree with you 100%!

The American government have been stealing citizens rights since the whole "9/11" came about!

I firmly believe this was a Inside job from Sony itself! Have the americans not been looking for tougher sanctions on NK for years but could never get them?
    Maybe now they might with the backing of a lot more nations!!

Advertisement