Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

AC/DC - July 1st - Aviva Stadium

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,402 ✭✭✭nxbyveromdwjpg

frash wrote: »
    What are the chances of another date?

It's being advertised as one night only

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,404 ✭✭✭mr.jingle

So annoying when you see the likes of this popping up on E-bay only 30mins later

• Registered Users Posts: 1,225 ✭✭✭Greg81

Just got to tickets on LVL 2 seating. The best I could get.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,450 ✭✭✭blastman

Ironically, there's an ad for this gig on TodayFM right now!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,684 ✭✭✭triggermortis

I just got 2. Wanted standing, but got seated - better buy some binoculars!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,023 ✭✭✭Meathlass

mr.jingle wrote: »
    So annoying when you see the likes of this popping up on E Bay on 30mins later

That seriously pisses me off. Why can't Ticketmaster go after those sellers and cancel their tickets.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,842 ✭✭✭RayCon

mr.jingle wrote: »
    So annoying when you see the likes of this popping up on E Bay on 30mins later

Ticketmaster's in-your-face-yes-we-are-touts-too-what-are-you-going-to-do-about-it site ....

sh!theads.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 32,865 ✭✭✭✭MagicMarker

Blue850 wrote: »
    my brother did it the traditional way, queued outside Zhivago/Ticketmaster in Galway since 8, wanted 5 standing, got the last 4 standing and 2 seated.:D
    Good for him, I woke up at 8:50, and had 2 standing by 9:02. I'm still in bed.

I win. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,292 ✭✭✭SouthTippBass

bastards. looks like I'm not going. **** you ticketmaster.

• Registered Users Posts: 747 ✭✭✭littleredspot

Just noticing that the max you can but for Hampden Park and Wembley is 4. I wonder why it's 8 here?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 748 ✭✭✭Yawlboy

Got 4 Standing :)

• Registered Users Posts: 34 ciarraiabu1977

Yawlboy wrote: »
    Got 4 Standing :)

just this minute?

• Registered Users Posts: 8 paulydicanio

Got two seating tickets down the opposite end to the stage. Beggars can't be chosers but will be looking to get a swap between now the July 1st. Paying over 200 quid this close to Christmas is far from ideal tho.

• Registered Users Posts: 748 ✭✭✭Yawlboy

just this minute?
    Nope Sorry - 9:01

• Registered Users Posts: 392 ✭✭LandonRicketts

Yup got 2 standing myself. I waited for that countdown timer but after 10 seconds the spinning wheel kept well....spinning and nothing was happening. Opened up a new window and ordered the tickets. Was a little bit of worrying as I thought the website broke as everything turned Times New Roman. Got them in the end. A little bit sick when i saw someone was already trying to sell a 1 ticket on eBay for 180 quid!

• Registered Users Posts: 17,856 ✭✭✭✭paulie21

Had 2 tickets secured. Details filled in, said required field not completed then timer runs out.

F*** you Ticketmaster

Yup got 2 standing myself. I waited for that countdown timer but after 10 seconds the spinning wheel kept well....spinning and nothing was happening. Opened up a new window and ordered the tickets.

Insane.

I suspected as much. They ****ed me over with their stupid timer.

• Registered Users Posts: 402 ✭✭DylanAFC

5 pages of tickets on Viagogo already.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 32,865 ✭✭✭✭MagicMarker

paulie21 wrote: »
    Had 2 tickets secured. Details filled in, said required field not completed then timer runs out.

F*** you Ticketmaster
    That's just poor planning on your part tbh. You should have a ticketmaster account created and billing details saved. That way you won't have any fields to fill in when you want to actually buy something.

Got 2 for myself. Had another browser running at the same time and my colleague hopped on and took those two as well as his wait time was 15 minutes - glad he did as it returned as sold out.

Sickening to see them on ebay.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 284 ✭✭Beer Assistant

Just had a look on ebay one prick has nine available at €155 each hope a second night is announced and these w a n kers get stung with them.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,684 ✭✭✭triggermortis

I thought 200 euro for 2 tickets was expensive - just looked at prices for here in Zurich - 400Chf per ticket!!! (approx 340 euro.)

• Registered Users Posts: 34 ciarraiabu1977

Just had a look on ebay one prick has nine available at €155 each hope a second night is announced and these w a n kers get stung with them.

prick is right, that rightly pisses me off, had to settle for tickets up in the sky!

Viagogo and Stubhub's service fee's alone amount to over 100€ on 4 tickets and that's not even taking into account the doubled price from the tout themselves.

No way.

There won't be a second night though, it's been billed and sold as one night only.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,817 ✭✭✭marvin80

Sickening stuff.
    As far as I know for U2 concerts next year, to gain entry you have to show the credit card you bought the tickets with - something simple like this would stop a lot of touting. Or possible Glastonbury style tickets.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 11,093 Mod ✭✭✭✭Say Your Number

If I'd the ability to put a gypsy curse on someone, I'd put it on those f*ckers who buy tickets then put them up for sale for double the price straight away, f*cking scumbags :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 392 ✭✭LandonRicketts

marvin80 wrote: »
    Sickening stuff.
    As far as I know for U2 concerts next year, to gain entry you have to show the credit card you bought the tickets with - something simple like this would stop a lot of touting. Or possible Glastonbury style tickets.

They had this sort of setup for when the Chili Peppers played the O2/3Arena. You had to have the email confirmation and the card used. Only thing was after it got to me in queue they were just letting everyone in with a ticket because it was taking too long to get into the O2/3Arena

• Registered Users Posts: 6,539 ✭✭✭ghostdancer

RayCon wrote: »
    Ticketmaster's in-your-face-yes-we-are-touts-too-what-are-you-going-to-do-about-it site ....

sh!theads.

no it isn't.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,596 ✭✭✭threein99

Didn't even get the chance to buy a ticket in the gods.

• Advertisement

no it isn't.

Yes, that particular one is ebay's standard-commission-not-enough ticket tout site, service fee £25 per ticket.

Ticketmaster's one is getmein.com, 420 tickets for Ac/Dc Dublin available on it, nearly quadruple what stubhub and viagogo have and again with the standard £25 service fee per ticket.

Ticketmaster are scumbags.

Advertisement