Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

AC/DC - July 1st - Aviva Stadium

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,065 ✭✭✭aka accounts 2010

My morning went as follows:

1. Logged on at 08:50 on two laptops and App

2. Refreshed at 09:00 and selected standing tickets on Laptop 1, best available on laptop 2 and standing on the App

3. Held for 10 minutes on all devices

4. Laptop one said no standing available, selected search again. Laptop two offered me Premium ring block 312, row B and the App said no standing available

5. Decided to search again as I really wanted standing tickets

6. Scrolled through Boards and Twitter and could see that this was about to sell out so I was going to have to accept next offering.

7. Got offered seats in Upper Tier Block 526 which I snapped up. (high up but will be near the stage at least)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,564 ✭✭✭frash

Usually there's two or three stages.
    One being taken down one being used and one been put up. Or maybe just 2 one being used and one been taken down/put up

ok so another date is possible then logistically
    whether they want to & whether the Aviva is free is another thing

• Registered Users Posts: 23,920 ✭✭✭✭Larbre34

frash wrote: »
    ok so another date is possible then logistically
    whether they want to & whether the Aviva is free is another thing

And the residents Joe........

• Registered Users Posts: 5,450 ✭✭✭blastman

They don't do two days in a row, not at their age. There's always at least one if not two days between gigs...

• Registered Users Posts: 13 PirlosBeard

They'll organise another gig later in the tour I'd say. Punchestown was announced a while after The Point the last time round.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,402 ✭✭✭nxbyveromdwjpg

It's one night only lads, that's what it was billed as by MCD.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,453 ✭✭✭EyesClosed

nm wrote: »
    It's one night only lads, that's what it was billed as by MCD.

same with fleetwood mac and they now have 2

• Registered Users Posts: 392 ✭✭LandonRicketts

Was surprised there wasn't an indoor tour followed by a stadium tour (or vice versa) like the Black Ice tour.

EyesClosed wrote: »
    same with fleetwood mac and they now have 2

Fleetwood Mac are playing 3 dates at the 3Arena in Dublin next summer. (20 June, 10 & 11 July).

• Registered Users Posts: 1,453 ✭✭✭EyesClosed

Fleetwood Mac are playing 3 dates at the 3Arena in Dublin next summer. (20 June, 10 & 11 July).

ahh 3, well same point it was billed as "one night only"

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,732 ✭✭✭lertsnim

endainoz wrote: »
    got tickets for wembley, pitch standing, will be an amazing gig but kinda sickened about having to pay for flights and accommodation now! Still, itll be an amazing gig!

I went to Wembley for a show once. €60 flights and a £20 hostel. Wasn't much more expensive than staying a night in Dublin.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,241 ✭✭✭twin_beacon

2. Refreshed at 09:00 and selected standing tickets on Laptop 1, best available on laptop 2 and standing on the App

I didnt refresh. I was online at 8:30, and selected the tickets. there was countdown to the tickets going on sale. When the counter hit zero, I was automatically brought to the ticket sales screen. had to wait around 5 mins, but got my tickets.

They'll organise another gig later in the tour I'd say. Punchestown was announced a while after The Point the last time round.

depends if the demand is there for more UK dates. If they do, id imagine it will be the 3 arena

• Registered Users Posts: 156 ✭✭Shop40

I was very lucky to get standing tickets. To anyone who was unlucky, keep checking back. I couldn't get any tickets for their 09 gig in the o2 when they went on sale but I kept checking online. About a week before the gig I got 3 on ticketmaster.ie. I can definitely see more tickets released closer to July.

On another note, it's high time for Ticketmaster to get their act together on this 8 ticket max thing. Ridiculous.

• Registered Users Posts: 105 ✭✭stitcheddepin

Lol to all the doubters this wouldn't sell out.
    they could have charged 120 a ticket and it would still sell out.
    the water charges wont be paid for but chumps will pay anything for a quality show right.

• Registered Users Posts: 31,827 ✭✭✭✭Mars Bar

I was placed with the task of getting two tickets for my best friends boyfriend as she wants it to be kept a secret. The pressure involved!

Got 2 standing tickets fairly handy thankfully.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,355 ✭✭✭Wrongway1985

Got 3 standing using the app however my confirmation email tells me they are ticketfast tickets, I was never prompted to how tickets were to be dispatched I'd obviously prefer hardcopy anyone know if this can be rectifyed? highly annoying but I guess I'm lucky to have gotten any at all

Got 3 standing using the app however my confirmation email tells me they are ticketfast tickets, I was never prompted to how tickets were to be dispatched I'd obviously prefer hardcopy anyone know if this can be rectifyed? highly annoying but I guess I'm lucky to have gotten any at all

Half way down the final screen on the App before you pressed BUY, there would have been an option to select ticket delivery. This is set to Ticketfast as default on the App and you must change it before pressing BUY if you wish to receive hardcopy tickets.

Try TM Customer Service to see if they can change the delivery method. If you plan on going to the gig yourself, I really don't see any need to change from Ticketfast.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 32,865 ✭✭✭✭MagicMarker

Why are you annoyed? It's a far more convenient way of getting tickets and there's no chance you'll lose them! I would never opt for hardcopy if I had a choice.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,659 ✭✭✭✭MisterAnarchy

lertsnim wrote: »
    I went to Wembley for a show once. €60 flights and a £20 hostel. Wasn't much more expensive than staying a night in Dublin.

It often works out cheaper to go abroad.
    The train from Cork to Dublin is now 70 euro and all the hotels in Dublin jack up the prices for a gig .
    Much better to take a minibreak abroad .

It looks like a large percentage of tickets have been bought up for resale and gifts .
    There will likely be lots of tickets floating around closer to the gig at face value as people may not be able to go due to holidays or prefer something else instead of the gift,extra tickets will also be released .

If AC/DC sell out the Aviva in 20 minutes ,U2 in the 3arena will sell out in minutes

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,402 ✭✭✭nxbyveromdwjpg

If AC/DC sell out the Aviva in 20 minutes ,U2 in the 3arena will sell out in minutes

More like seconds

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 33,250 ✭✭✭✭NIMAN

Do we know how many tickets were actually on sale this morning?
    Did TM keep some back to sell on later?
    Do TM keep a certain number of tickets for GETMEIN, which afaik is one of their companies?

I guess we will never know.

I would love to see a proper PrimeTime like investigation into the business of selling tickets. Its gotta be riddled with dodginess !!

• Registered Users Posts: 14,659 ✭✭✭✭MisterAnarchy

NIMAN wrote: »
    Do we know how many tickets were actually on sale this morning?
    Did TM keep some back to sell on later?
    Do TM keep a certain number of tickets for GETMEIN, which afaik is one of their companies?

I guess we will never know.

I would love to see a proper PrimeTime like investigation into the business of selling tickets. Its gotta be riddled with dodginess !!

TM always hold back a good few tickets for the gigs ,they are never really sold out.
    Extra standing tickets will go on sale closer to the date when the exact stage layout is known and safety issues finalised.
    They often drip feed tickets closer to the date to deter touts.

As for GetMeIn,TM are blatantly touting themselves.
    On the current U2 tour ,TM have been siphoning off huge amounts of tickets for resale before they even go on general sale.

• Registered Users Posts: 34 ciarraiabu1977

8 tickets per person is just taking the piss, Ticketmaster need to sort that sh i t out! touts buying tickets en masse

• Registered Users Posts: 38,059 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

Got 2 tickets for section 323 row A using the app (It was slower than usual)

The Aviva is small enough so no seat is that bad, its tiny compared to Croke Park and the stage will be big

Premium is not great though but i took what i got offered

Id be worried who MCD get as support now as its sold out, Slash or Motley Crue would be amazing

• Registered Users Posts: 34 ciarraiabu1977

PTH2009 wrote: »
    Got 2 tickets for section 323 row A using the app (It was slower than usual)

The Aviva is small enough so no seat is that bad, its tiny compared to Croke Park and the stage will be big

Premium is not great though but i took what i got offered

Id be worried who MCD get as support now as its sold out, Slash or Motley Crue would be amazing

For the price of the tickets support has to be a big name, id say Slash but ye Motley Crue would be a great support act but cant see them supporting AC/DC

• Registered Users Posts: 2,564 ✭✭✭frash

Every time I see that this thread has been updated I cross my fingers that it's about another date being announced.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,892 ✭✭✭grimm2005

I must be very lucky because I never seem to run into trouble getting tickets. I got 2 standing this morning with no issue. I find the timer to be a better system then constantly mashing F5 a minute before hand. Also got 2 standing for Taylor Swift on Monday for the girlfriend without any problems.

I wouldn't give up hope those that don't have tickets. As others have said, more will probably come out closer to the date, just like Punchestown. Failing that, there's bound to be unwanted presents, people who bought multiples hoping mates would go and people who book their summer holidays or have something unavoidable on. with 55,000 capacity, I would imagine it should be handy enough to get some.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,450 ✭✭✭blastman

Why are you annoyed? It's a far more convenient way of getting tickets and there's no chance you'll lose them! I would never opt for hardcopy if I had a choice.

Because you're being charged €6+ for "handling fees" per ticket and then they expect you to print the ticket yourself, maybe? For that price they can at least post me a proper ticket....

• Registered Users Posts: 1,308 ✭✭✭kiddums

As the only one in a position to be online this morning I was tasked with getting all 5 tickets.
    Of course due to a timer telling me I had a wait time of 15 minutes I ended up missing out on getting 5 tickets, and when i tried to find 2 groups (3+2) I couldnt find a group of 3. Ended up with no tickets. :(
    Hoping more come up, or a second date or something.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 32,865 ✭✭✭✭MagicMarker

blastman wrote: »
    Because you're being charged €6+ for "handling fees" per ticket and then they expect you to print the ticket yourself, maybe? For that price they can at least post me a proper ticket....

Wow, I was expecting a better reason.

Advertisement