Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

AC/DC - July 1st - Aviva Stadium

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 24,878 ✭✭✭✭arybvtcw0eolkf

The touts have started already!!.

332014.jpg

:mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 6,464 ✭✭✭dobman88

332014.jpg

Up on getmein for €1,500 for a Premium already. Big Powered by Ticketmaster banner on top. Sickening.

• Registered Users Posts: 371 ✭✭Frog Song

332014.jpg

FFS! :mad: Drives me mad, tickets should not be allowed to sell over the selling price. Why this is still happening is ridiculous!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,450 ✭✭✭blastman

Wow, I was expecting a better reason.

I'm devastated that I've disappointed you

• Registered Users Posts: 6,357 ✭✭✭Wrongway1985

Half way down the final screen on the App before you pressed BUY
    Oh before I pressed buy? I rushed to press buy as knew it would sell out don't think I had to scroll down page why would they ask this before you have secured tickets? Got pop up box to enter back of credit card code and tickets were bought.

Summed up here
    blastman wrote: »
    Because you're being charged €6+ for "handling fees" per ticket and then they expect you to print the ticket yourself, maybe? For that price they can at least post me a proper ticket....

I can see why people use ticketfast but its not for me I've still been charged the same also one of the lads I bought for likes to keep his stubs as do I but he was tellin me he thinks a work colleague got extra and they are hardcopy so if its OK to buy off him instead :(.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 642 ✭✭✭creativedrinker

T he touts have started already!!.

332014.jpg

Cheeky lad is even charging for postage!!!!! after half a hour i managed to get 2 seats up in the gods about half way down the pitch, can't wait to see them!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,537 ✭✭✭Penfailed

dobman88 wrote: »
    No. It won't. Be plenty of tickets left over right up until July for this!
    No problem. I have never failed to get any tickets I wanted. Just be patient and don't refresh or leave the page once you're in.

It won't sell out anyway. Be grand
    bennyl10 wrote: »
    More than likely won't sell straight away.. Seen a lot more people say it's too expensive than say are going..
    Can't afford them so really hope it doesn't sell out before the first week in Jan.
    Standing will sell, really don't think they'll sell the whole thing..
    If it does sell out, fair play to them but I think the generation that ACDC will attract aren't this foolish and January will be a fine time to get tickets.
    If this sells out at all, never mind tomorrow, they'll be doing very well.

:pac:
    NIMAN wrote: »
    Sold out quickly, as I predicted.
    And to think some people were going to hang on to January cos there would be tickets left!

I know! I too said it would sell out really quickly.
    And people say that 1D and Bieber fans pay too much for tickets. Can't believe that sold out so close to xmas. Good luck to everyone going but I couldn't ever justify that expense regardless of who played!!

dobman88...you say you couldn't ever justify that expense regardless of who played...but you also say you would've bought the tickets in January...:confused:

Gigs '24 - Ben Ottewell and Ian Ball (Gomez), The Jesus & Mary Chain, The Smashing Pumpkins/Weezer, Pearl Jam, Green Day, Stendhal Festival, Forest Fest, Electric Picnic, Ride, PJ Harvey, Pixies, Public Service Broadcasting, Therapy?, IDLES(x2)

I got two standing tickets :cool:

Gigs '24 - Ben Ottewell and Ian Ball (Gomez), The Jesus & Mary Chain, The Smashing Pumpkins/Weezer, Pearl Jam, Green Day, Stendhal Festival, Forest Fest, Electric Picnic, Ride, PJ Harvey, Pixies, Public Service Broadcasting, Therapy?, IDLES(x2)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 122 ✭✭AlabamaWorley

Managed to get 1 standing ticket this morning by queuing up - now just to find some friends to go with :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 9,736 ✭✭✭lertsnim

Penfailed wrote: »

I'll send you a badge in the post.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,435 ✭✭✭wandatowell

Managed to get 4 tickets this morning on ticketmaster.

:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D

lertsnim wrote: »
    I'll send you a badge in the post.

Cheers! An AC/DC badge would be cool :D

• Registered Users Posts: 9,736 ✭✭✭lertsnim

Cheers! An AC/DC badge would be cool :D

Don't have any of those.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,495 ✭✭✭✭eviltwin

Gutted I didn't get my tickets. I hate how Ticketmaster go on sale at 9am. I'm in work and unable to access a computer then :( Enjoy the gig those of you lucky enough to get tickets. I'm hoping there will be an additional date added.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,487 ✭✭✭Right Turn Clyde

Hi guys. I picked my brother up two tickets for his birthday. They're Premium seating, Section 313. That's pretty much in the middle between the West and South Stands. I'm just wondering what the view/sound is like from that area? I'm sure my bro will be over the moon either way, but I'm just curious as to what I'm after forking out €207 quid on. Cheers.

I'm just wondering what the view/sound is like from that area? I'm sure my bro will be over the moon either way, but I'm just curious as to what I'm after forking out €207 quid on. Cheers.

Have there been many gigs in the Aviva? The sound guys will do their best with what they have to work with. There are a lot of variables...not least, the weather. Wind will have an affect no matter how good/bad the venue is acoustically.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,531 ✭✭✭bennyl10

dobman88...you say you couldn't ever justify that expense regardless of who played...but you also say you would've bought the tickets in January...:confused:

That must have taken you an awful lot of time to clump all those posts.. Someone's had a productive day? :P

Genuinely didn't think people would part with 100quid this close to Christmas..

I'll wait for the 'production seats' that will come available.. Would say about 40 out of 50k were sold today!

Thinking about it, Bruce must be nailed on for the August Slane now that DC are in Aviva.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,495 ✭✭✭✭eviltwin

I've been to a few gigs in the Aviva and the sound isn't the best tbh compared to other venues but you'll be having such a great time you won't care.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,671 ✭✭✭✭MisterAnarchy

eviltwin wrote: »
    Gutted I didn't get my tickets. I hate how Ticketmaster go on sale at 9am. I'm in work and unable to access a computer then

Yeah its a stupid time to start selling them ,but I guess that's to suit the actual shops where you can buy in person.

• Registered Users Posts: 966 ✭✭✭Officer999

Very dissappointed.

Had 2 standing tickets secured but didn't have a required section filled out (Ireland in the country section)
    However ticketmaster wouldn't let me fill it in. Could click on every section except that section. Had to watch the clock tick down...very fustrating

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,920 ✭✭✭dashcamdanny

What a mental morning.

Had to go up North to Belfast for work. Was planning to use the app. Could not get a connection. Ahhhhhhh Tesco fecking mobile.

At around 9.30 I decided to drive up to a hotel to steal the Wifi.

After a few rejections by Ticketmaster I got upper tier 525 tickets. I know the sound is sh1t up there. But what the hake. Im in!!!!

YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHH !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 337 ✭✭glorified g

Hi guys. I picked my brother up two tickets for his birthday. They're Premium seating, Section 313. That's pretty much in the middle between the West and South Stands. I'm just wondering what the view/sound is like from that area? I'm sure my bro will be over the moon either way, but I'm just curious as to what I'm after forking out €207 quid on. Cheers.

I was there for the Roger Waters gig. In the Premium Section 309 and the sound was flawless. I was amazed. I go to a lot of concerts and its the best outdoor sound I've ever heard. It has a lot to do with the sound engineer and the set up but I'm sure Ac/Dc will have top quality. Weather plays a factor too but I don't think they can control that!

• Registered Users Posts: 38,140 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

bit scared that i will have an obstructed view from my seat

got 2 tickets in section 323 Row A 27/28

but im happy to have them

• Registered Users Posts: 1,920 ✭✭✭dashcamdanny

How many people can fit into the stadium? Standing and seated?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,642 ✭✭✭✭Mental Mickey

Anyone got a spare wheelchair ticket??

• Registered Users Posts: 337 ✭✭glorified g

How many people can fit into the stadium? Standing and seated?

50k(ish) i think. It depends on the stage layout.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,539 ✭✭✭ghostdancer

That must have taken you an awful lot of time to clump all those posts.. Someone's had a productive day? :P

Genuinely didn't think people would part with 100quid this close to Christmas..

I'll wait for the 'production seats' that will come available.. Would say about 40 out of 50k were sold today!

Thinking about it, Bruce must be nailed on for the August Slane now that DC are in Aviva.
    unless Springsteen ditches his long association with Aiken, no chance. Slane is an MCD gig.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,464 ✭✭✭dobman88

That post should have said I couldn't justify the expense this close to xmas. I would have bought them in January. Just disappointed it is so close to xmas tbh. 3 weeks ago or in 3 weekz time wouldn't have been a problem.

• Registered Users Posts: 689 ✭✭✭RolandGoose

How many people on this thread own more than 1 AC/DC record? (Greatest Hits not included)

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 32,865 ✭✭✭✭MagicMarker

How many people on this thread own more than 1 AC/DC record? (Greatest Hits not included)

Why?

Advertisement