Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

2015 Premier League

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 39,498 ✭✭✭✭KevIRL

Pdc WC - wright, chizzy, hybrechts, wade

• Registered Users Posts: 42,080 ✭✭✭✭Scorpion Sting

Kim Huybrechts is a bit of an odd one.

Wow don't think many saw hybrechts in there.

Delighted no Hamilton or thornton

• Registered Users Posts: 4,314 ✭✭✭BOHtox

Huybrechts is a bit of an odd one. He has a savage missus though. Happy with those who were relegated. Huybrechts has it in him and I'm delighted he can show it on a world stage.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,222 ✭✭✭✭Will I Amnt

Happy to see Huybrechts in, well capable of mixing it at that level.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,545 ✭✭✭✭Poor Uncle Tom

BOHtox wrote: »
    My choice would probably be:

MVG
    Taylor
    Lewis
    Anderson
    Wright
    Wade
    Barney
    Chizzy
    Bunting
    Van Der Voort

Losing out are Thornton, Whitlock and Newton. All had a poor Worlds and the bottom 3 last year in the premier league

My god, that was close, 9 out of 10, well done....

• Registered Users Posts: 21,625 ✭✭✭✭Johner

What has Huybrechts done all year apart from dance around on the stage and lose to Taylor? Semi finals of the Grand Slam? He didn't go far in any other tournaments did he?

• Registered Users Posts: 805 ✭✭✭mrmorgan

delighted for bunting, sky getting two picks, thats some corruption ha

Why wouldn't sky get picks? They are the driving force behind the PL.

Its a bloated $hite competition anyway and by week 8 or 9 any interest in it will be gone. Grand way to idle away a few hrs on a Thursday night, but that's it really

• Registered Users Posts: 9,953 ✭✭✭Degag

Really think the PL would be a lot better if they went back to 8 players. Not sure what Chisnall or Huybrechts have done to deserve the place.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,222 ✭✭✭robman60

Huybrechts was a strange choice alright, but I enjoy watching him play. I think the likes of Peter Wright (who fully deserves his place) dress ostentatiously and try to get the crowd going in a bid to get Premier League places. This isn't the case with Wright as I said but Huybrechts probably got the place because he caused some controversy with his celebrations, and controversy is entertaining and gets people talking darts.

Personally I don't see why Chisnall is deserving of a place. I've never been a great fan of his really.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,551 ✭✭✭✭briany

robman60 wrote: »
    Personally I don't see why Chisnall is deserving of a place. I've never been a great fan of his really.

Maybe he's seen as a steady player. It's a weakness of the PL that there's always one or two players who turn out to be damp squibs and provide little reason to watch their matches after a while. PDC don't just want players who are big personalities, they also need guys who are able to put up a solid game week in, week out.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,480 ✭✭✭Devastator

Devastator wrote: »
    I went for MVG,Taylor,Lewis,Wade,Anderson,Barney,Chizzy,Wright Jenkins & Bunting.

So the unexpected Huybretchs got in instead of Jenkins from my origial lineup. I didn't see that coming and tihnk there are more deserving players that have been left out. I think Kim's a great player and think he could be challenging for finals over the next few years but I hope the PL has not come to quick for him. We've seen it with others who have lost all form and found it hard to recover after a poor showing in the PL, I hope it doesn't happen to him but I think with the confidence he seems to display he might be ok.

I know I predicted Chizzy at the start but I really thought his poor showing in the worlds would count him out.

PDC are now pushing the PL to a younger competition which is good news for any young up and coming players or anyone maybe thinking of switching to PDC. Any of the older boys, if not automatic picks, may not have a look in anymore

A few selected PL night fixtures

Betway Premier League Fixtures
    Night One, Thursday February 5
    First Direct Arena, Leeds
    Dave Chisnall v Peter Wright
    Raymond van Barneveld v Adrian Lewis
    Kim Huybrechts v Michael van Gerwen
    Gary Anderson v Phil Taylor
    Stephen Bunting v James Wade

Night Four, Thursday February 26
    Odyssey Arena, Belfast
    Kim Huybrechts v Dave Chisnall
    Gary Anderson v James Wade
    Michael van Gerwen v Adrian Lewis
    Stephen Bunting v Raymond van Barneveld
    Phil Taylor v Peter Wright

Night Eight, Thursday March 26
    3Arena, Dublin
    Adrian Lewis v Dave Chisnall
    Gary Anderson v Stephen Bunting
    Peter Wright v James Wade
    Michael van Gerwen v Raymond van Barneveld
    Phil Taylor v Kim Huybrechts

Kick off this Thursday folks

Anderson can be got at 6/4 to beat Taylor for any gamblers. I know he said hes not been practicing much since the worlds but Taylor's had a rough time of it and I think he said his mothers funeral is tomorrow so he'll have hardly put much time on the board.
    Dave Chisnall v Peter Wright
    Raymond van Barneveld v Adrian Lewis
    Kim Huybrechts v Michael van Gerwen
    Gary Anderson v Phil Taylor
    Stephen Bunting v James Wade

• Registered Users Posts: 1,240 ✭✭✭Iron Hide

Not sure why Huybrechts is there ahead of VvdV or Michael Smith, both are better players imo and much less infuriating to watch. Huybrechts has a nine darter of a missus though

• Registered Users Posts: 37,814 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

Iron Hide wrote: »
    Not sure why Huybrechts is there ahead of VvdV or Michael Smith, both are better players imo and much less infuriating to watch. Huybrechts has a nine darter of a missus though

Yeah darts players are looking bastards when it comes to women. The average man is better looking than some of the darters Mvg is not a poster boy the best looking darts player must be wade

Ya, this conversation has taken a strange turn

• Registered Users Posts: 3,710 ✭✭✭Joeseph Balls

Bit OT lads, but im going to the Dublin night. What hotels are near bar Jurys and The Maldron?

Bit OT lads, but im going to the Dublin night. What hotels are near bar Jurys and The Maldron?

The Gibson. Can't get nearer.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,710 ✭✭✭Joeseph Balls

KevIRL wrote: »
    The Gibson. Can't get nearer.

And shes sold out for that night :( Be the Maldron so

Huybrechts is going to be a cracking player IMO, getting top class opposition week in week out could move him up a few levels.
    VdV has been in the PDC for ages and only proved how inconsistent he is. He could go out 1 night & throw about 100+ and the next night 75-80! He's not got the class for the PL.
    Smith I think this year is too soon for him. He's a young lad with loads of time for the PL in future. He seems to suffer mentally when things are not going his way so the last thing we want to see is him thrown into the PL, having a disaster and really struggling to comeback from it, ala Webster.
    KevIRL wrote: »
    Ya, this conversation has taken a strange turn

:eek: da fuq happened there? lol a forum first!

If any of you want to discuss which darts player you fancy most can you make a new thread so I don't have to see it. Cheers :D

Anything to be said for Brendan Dolan getting a spot next year lads

Nope

Its really too early to say considering this years tournament hasn't even started :D

He's usually got the consistency but don't think his style or profile suit what they want in the PL. His games are sometimes hard to get excited about....but others have got in who would be considered in the same way. Some "crowd favorites" have got in or been considered but what makes them a crowd favorite...a popular walk on song seems to be enough for VDV to be close to getting in.

Depends how he does this year? If he gets to later stages(semis) of few tournaments or a final or 2 it will shove him up the rankings and put him in contention.

Devastator wrote: »
    Its really too early to say considering this years tournament hasn't even started :D

He's usually got the consistency but don't think his style or profile suit what they want in the PL. His games are sometimes hard to get excited about....but others have got in who would be considered in the same way. Some "crowd favorites" have got in or been considered but what makes them a crowd favorite...a popular walk on song seems to be enough for VDV to be close to getting in.

Depends how he does this year? If he gets to later stages(semis) of few tournaments or a final or 2 it will shove him up the rankings and put him in contention.

If it all went on style or profile then Wade wouldn't be within an asses roar, excellent player and yeah extremely successful but god i find him boring as hell!

Dolan would make the Irish and Scottish legs even more unbearable for the English i think!

If it all went on style or profile then Wade wouldn't be within an asses roar, excellent player and yeah extremely successful but god i find him boring as hell!

Dolan would make the Irish and Scottish legs even more unbearable for the English i think!

:D thanks for arguing against yourself, thats pretty much what I would have said back to you lol

• Registered Users Posts: 801 ✭✭✭langer91

Phil enhanced to 5/2 against Anderson on Paddys that worth a bet ye think?

Chizzy 7-1 Wright!!

No break mid match?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,140 ✭✭✭Ronan|Raven

Holy fcuk, what a performance from Lewis..

Advertisement