Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

2015 Premier League

Options
1101112131416»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 79 ✭✭paintitwhite

mdwexford wrote: »
    None, only benefit is pre sale.

The lack of choose your seat on Ticketmaster is annoying.

• Registered Users Posts: 37,814 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

with the league making its debut in holland in 2016 i imagine we will deff see MVG and no matter how bad he is playing Raymond Van Barnaveld will get a wildcard as he is dutch and they would want more than 1 dutch player on the card.

my guess

Anderson
    Taylor
    MVG
    A Lewis

Wade
    Wright
    RVB
    Bunting
    Chisnal
    M Smith

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,480 ✭✭✭Devastator

PTH2009 wrote: »
    with the league making its debut in holland in 2016 i imagine we will deff see MVG and no matter how bad he is playing Raymond Van Barnaveld will get a wildcard as he is dutch and they would want more than 1 dutch player on the card.

I think its too early to make predictions of who will be included as we're only in October and have a few big tournaments left to play, including the worlds!

Don't think it matters to the dutch crowd, they're night sold out within 1 hour and they always seem totally engrossed in whoever/whatever match is on.

Seems to be a lot of people complaining this year about tickets, mainly to do with prices increases,extras and livepdc sub

Ticketmaster website is very poor to buy tickets off for a group as you cannot manually select them. The price increase is an inconvenience but I presume it'll sell out regardless.

Ticketmaster website is very poor to buy tickets off for a group as you cannot manually select them. The price increase is an inconvenience but I presume it'll sell out regardless.

Have they went back to ticketmaster again? Or did they always use them for general sales?

I always had the sub for priority tickets and that was through seetickets. 1st morning was always a mad scramble on the site and every year they had a ticket limit of 6 per table, even though in Belfast tables were always for 8. You couldn't really select individual tickets but request a row and either accept or decline what tickets were offered.

Each year, like clockwork by about 2pm I would recieve a call from seetickets, telling me they had f**ked it up by only allowing me 6 tickets(to 8 seater table) and would I like to have the other 2 tickets aswell, not for free mind ;)

• Advertisement

General Sales are on ticketaster anyways.

• Registered Users Posts: 37,814 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

is there some sort of scam between the darts players do you think ???

ill let you lose this week and you can win the next

• Registered Users Posts: 2,878 ✭✭✭sc86

ye your defo onto to something there mate.......:rolleyes:

PTH2009 wrote: »
    is there some sort of scam between the darts players do you think ???

ill let you lose this week and you can win the next

obviously not, Mr Betway actually dresses as 1 of the walk on girls and on the way to the stage he'll hand the players a note saying either "win" or "lose" depending on how much money they stand to win from th betting

Annndddd......back to reality again!
    Barry Hearn said on twitter that the premier league is only for the elite players and anyone that is not elite it gives them the incentive to get better.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,169 ✭✭✭ComfortKid

Devastator wrote:
    Annndddd......back to reality again! Barry Hearn said on twitter that the premier league is only for the elite players and anyone that is not elite it gives them the incentive to get better.

He also said Barney could still get a spot so he's talking through his arse to hype up the PL I'd say.

• Advertisement

ComfortKid wrote: »
    He also said Barney could still get a spot so he's talking through his arse to hype up the PL I'd say.

hehe I think if your surname is hearn its in your DNA to BS like crazy to hype up your own product :D Junior was on sky yesterday in full fake tan & teeth whitening talking about Carl Frampton/Scott Quigg being as on par with Froch/Groves and I think it came out later comparisons(and probably hope of 3 fights!) of Eubank/Benn :D

No doubt Barney could get in if he wins or gets to tournament final but I really think the PL has outgrown him. Do they need him to sell tickets? Well I think it was said earlier in this thread that the dutch PL night sold out in hour or so! Apart from ppl shouting "Barney Army" what excitement is there when Barneys on stage? IMO none.

Are casual darts fans interested in seeing him anymore? Its been quite a while since he was that relevant I think. If you're going to PL for the first time are you busting to back again after watching Barney, usually moping about, shaking his head or shrugging his shoulders or would you rather go back after watching Huybretchs(young,up & coming player who hits big scores,checkouts and screams and yells on stage) or Klaasen(Young, lightening quick, can score,checkout)?

I've just used Kim & Jelle as examples of 2 players who are in the wildcard bracket with Barney.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,199 ✭✭✭qwabercd

Devastator wrote: »

Are casual darts fans interested in seeing him anymore? Its been quite a while since he was that relevant I think. .

He was quite relevant in last year's WC. And yes, they are imo. He's still one of the most recognisable names to a casual fan and would have more of an appeal insofar as they wouldn't be as aware that he's a moany pr1ck.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,274 ✭✭✭✭mdwexford

Wolfie to win the grand slam and accept a prem league wild card in a shock switch.

mdwexford wrote: »
    Wolfie to win the grand slam and accept a prem league wild card in a shock switch.

:D:D:D

1 of the bookies was offering odds of 500/1 on Chris Mason getting a PL place the other week(I think just because he had been talking about possible players on twitter)....buut Wolfie must be at least 5000/1 for that to happen :D

MvG, Anderson, Taylor, Lewis, Snakebite, Barney, Chizzy, Huybrechts, Thornton, Smith.

This will be the 2016 Premier league in my opinion, barring something ridiculous happening at the worlds.

Barney shouldn't be there but will, and I think Smith wont be there but should.

I don't think they'll leave out Wade again. Ian White has a shout even though he's not a flashy player, he's number 8 now.

Anyone else will need a final or a win in the grand slam or worlds to be considered.

mdwexford wrote:
    I don't think they'll leave out Wade again. Ian White has a shout even though he's not a flashy player, he's number 8 now.

mdwexford wrote:
    Anyone else will need a final or a win in the grand slam or worlds to be considered.

I'd forgotten completely about Wade, Hopefully he gets Barneys place. I don't think Ian White will make it now after the last two tournaments, he needed a good run here at the slam. I think Michael Smith is back up to 8th again after this event, or does he need to reach the semis?

ComfortKid wrote: »
    I'd forgotten completely about Wade, Hopefully he gets Barneys place. I don't think Ian White will make it now after the last two tournaments, he needed a good run here at the slam. I think Michael Smith is back up to 8th again after this event, or does he need to reach the semis?

Yeah Smith will be back to 8th.

He was less than 3k behind White before the slam.

Advertisement