Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

2015 Premier League

Options
  • 10-12-2014 5:34pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 4,480 ✭✭✭

I don't know if this is maybe too early but I'm sure I'm not the only person thinking who will get a PL spot next year and the talk has been floating about last few tv tournaments aswell.

So is anyone going to any of the nights? This will be first year I've not gone to the Belfast night, the ways life is leading I didn't want to make any plans too far in future but depending on how things play out might be there.

For any twitter users Betway are offering 4 tickets(opening night I think) if you predict the 10 PL contenders just use #lovethedarts.

I went for MVG,Taylor,Lewis,Wade,Anderson,Barney,Chizzy,Wright Jenkins & Bunting.

I personally don't think Barney has done enough to warrent a place but as defending champion he must be a cert for a wildcard place. I also think Wade's return to form makes him a cert and he can back it up with a high ranking. Jenks is a crowd favorite, if he has a good WC I hope he gets back in because he's been playing better again recently

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 59 ✭✭les succulent ducks

Manchester United will win the league......

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,480 ✭✭✭Devastator

• Registered Users Posts: 558 ✭✭✭buster180

Barney will get a place he sells tickets and is the current premier league holder. If it was down to me he would be dropped from it his attitude is up his own ar*s at the best of times.

I can see Wade getting back in, and the other place will be between King, Thornton and Whithlock

I have a these nine down as in no matter what, MVG, Taylor ,Lewis, Wade, Anderson, Barney, Chizzy, Wright & Bunting.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,066 ✭✭✭Firewalkwithme

MVG,Taylor,Lewis,Wade,Anderson,Barney,King,Wright, Whitlock & Bunting.

Jenkins would be an outside shot. If there is a surprise finalist in the Worlds like Wright last year then they will be in.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,045 ✭✭✭✭gramar

I's say Thornton out and Wade in for definite.

I don't think Wright or Whitlock have done enough and King at least probably deserves a shot on form although I don't think he's that popular. It's a bit of pantomine though so maybe he'll be in as the bad guy. Jenkins and Bunting are outside shots but wouldn't mind seeing them there.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 39,498 ✭✭✭✭KevIRL

Just don't care anymore. The bloated format is just not interesting

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 12,250 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kingp35

It's definitely the worst tournament of the year for me and goes on for far too long but it's needed to bring money in for the PDC.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,825 ✭✭✭Healio

Michael Smith in with a squeak, if he gets a good run going? You get the impression sky are trying to really big him up over the last year.

Kingp35 wrote: »
    It's definitely the worst tournament of the year for me and goes on for far too long but it's needed to bring money in for the PDC.

Your predictions competition is the only thing that makes it interesting (hint hint)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,247 ✭✭✭Steven81

Taylor, MVG, Wade, Lewis, Wright, Anderson, Barney, Thornton, Bunting and another.

Chizzy. Whitlock, Newton to possibly lose cards

• Advertisement

Think Wade's performance against Bunting may count him out now, he didn't put up much of a fight at all.

Next few days will be interesting to see how the 1/4 finalists play. VDV's speed would be exciting for PL format but I don't think he'll stand a chance against Taylor and he's too inconsistent. If Bunting beats Barney he's probably got a place based on how's he played all year and moving up the rankings so fast

• Registered Users Posts: 4,314 ✭✭✭BOHtox

Van Der Voort would be a real crowd favourite. Fast darts, 180s, his entrance song, his ability to generate an atmosphere etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,739 ✭✭✭ebbsy

BOHtox wrote: »
    Van Der Voort would be a real crowd favourite. Fast darts, 180s, his entrance song, his ability to generate an atmosphere etc.

He is doin ok here.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,878 ✭✭✭sc86

van de vort no chance

bunting will be in
    newton out

wade be in and whitlock out

My choice would probably be:

MVG
    Taylor
    Lewis
    Anderson
    Wright
    Wade
    Barney
    Chizzy
    Bunting
    Van Der Voort

Losing out are Thornton, Whitlock and Newton. All had a poor Worlds and the bottom 3 last year in the premier league

thornton had a poor worlds?

he got further than chizzy and same as van der voort?
    vdv hasnt a hope, way to far down rankings

• Registered Users Posts: 11,274 ✭✭✭✭mdwexford

My choice would probably be:

MVG
    Taylor
    Lewis
    Anderson
    Wright
    Wade
    Barney
    Chizzy
    Bunting
    Van Der Voort

Losing out are Thornton, Whitlock and Newton. All had a poor Worlds and the bottom 3 last year in the premier league

Lol at saying Thornton had a poor Worlds and picking Vdv ahead of him.

Chizzy had a good premier league the last time out. I think he got the most 180s of anyone in it. Thornton had a poor premier league and I'd replace him with the more popular VDV.
    sc86 wrote: »
    thornton had a poor worlds?

he got further than chizzy and same as van der voort?
    vdv hasnt a hope, way to far down rankings

Yet you advocate Bunting who is even lower than the rankings.

I'm sorry BOHtox but your wrong to say others deserve a place above Thornton. Thornton didn't concede a set until he played MVG. You said Chizzy had a good PL & Thornton a bad one....there was only 1 point difference between their final standings! Oh yeah you were right about Chizzy having most 180s, 64 in fact! Thornton on the other hand only had a mere 63!!!

Thornton also was won 3 players championships in a row during the last year, don't think any other player has managed that in a while.

My original predictions have not changed a lot but I would put Thornton in above Jenkins and probably Wade aswell at this point.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,274 ✭✭✭✭mdwexford

Chizzy had a good premier league the last time out. I think he got the most 180s of anyone in it. Thornton had a poor premier league and I'd replace him with the more popular VDV.

Bunting has been earning prize money for 11 months.
    He's been killing it since he switched.

He clearly is a top 8 player in waiting, he's a 180 machine, throws fast and is a World Champion, he is pure box office.

• Advertisement

hes had a much better year than van der vort and is a world champion and alot more consistant

are you secretly van der vort :D

• Registered Users Posts: 16,500 ✭✭✭✭DEFTLEFTHAND

Barney certainly seems to think Bunting should in the premier league anyway after last night. I never saw any winner dedicate their entire post match interview to their opponent like that.

Barney certainly seems to think Bunting should in the premier league anyway after last night. I never saw any winner dedicate their entire post match interview to their opponent like that.

yeah it was kinda creepy I thought. I thought Bunting was embarrassed by it until they tried to talk to him and he was blubbering away to himself and hardly holding it together :D

• Registered Users Posts: 13,299 ✭✭✭✭ArmaniJeanss

1 year ranking whilst everyone else is based on two years.
    Multiply his current points by 2 and he is 7th in the world.
    Even a 33% fall off in his game next year (i.e. multiply his current score by 1.66) would put him Top 10.

http://www.dartsdatabase.co.uk/Rankings.aspx

• Registered Users Posts: 21,625 ✭✭✭✭Johner

King would have been in with a chance but for his poor showing in the worlds.

mdwexford wrote: »
    Bunting has been earning prize money for 11 months.
    He's been killing it since he switched.

He clearly is a top 8 player in waiting, he's a 180 machine, throws fast and is a World Champion, he is pure box office.

I agree he's a great player and I would absolutely have him in my Premier League. Although I'd give VDV a shot too.
    1 year ranking whilst everyone else is based on two years.
    Multiply his current points by 2 and he is 7th in the world.
    Even a 33% fall off in his game next year (i.e. multiply his current score by 1.66) would put him Top 10.

http://www.dartsdatabase.co.uk/Rankings.aspx

I'm saying rankings don't or shouldn't matter when selecting these wildcards.

Listen, lads. It's called a wildcard for a reason. There's a reason it's not the top 8 of the world playing. There has to be an entertainment factor. There has to be controversy. VDV, and Bunting minus the controversy to be fair too, provide all of that. I want VDV standing up there hitting 180s against Taylor, he did draw on legs with him there a few days ago. It won't be everyone's choice but he's definitely mine!

The PL might be announced during the finals late, Bristow has gave out that he & Deller know the wildcard picks.

Chris Mason reckons Wade is guaranteed a place back

Devastator wrote: »
    The PL might be announced during the finals late, Bristow has gave out that he & Deller know the wildcard picks.

Chris Mason reckons Wade is guaranteed a place back

:rolleyes:I can't understand Bristow talking or typing :D aparently he was making a joke that him & Deller were the wildcards....all together now teeheehee:o

Anyway word is Barry Hearn will announce the premier league details after tonights final

Sky WC - rvb and bunting

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,553 ✭✭✭✭Copper_pipe

Wright
    Chisnall
    Huybrechts
    James wade

PDC wildcards

Advertisement