Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

2015 Premier League

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,562 ✭✭✭Tiger Mcilroy

ComfortKid wrote: »
    Klassen did not lose the 2007 BDO final.

Bit rich you pulling me up on that after the nonsense you have been spouting.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,169 ✭✭✭ComfortKid

Devastator wrote:
    Lewis & Wade?

Wade and Lewis both played with the BDO before PDC. Don't know why people say they didn't.

I've enough of the Major/Exhibition debate. I know it's not officially a major but it still is a major tournament with massive prize money and very competitive.

Bit rich you pulling me up on that after the nonsense you have been spouting.

So you can correct me but I'm not allowed to correct you?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,562 ✭✭✭Tiger Mcilroy

So you can correct me but I'm not allowed to correct you?

Yes

• Registered Users Posts: 11,274 ✭✭✭✭mdwexford

The Premier League has so much money because it has so many nights compared to other tournaments. Paying punters means more prize money.

I go to the Grand Prix every year but I wouldn't be bothered going to the PL.

It's a quick fire rubbish format.
    Goes on for far too many weeks now with the relegation tripe.

The players want to get in because it keeps them on tv for a few months in between the proper tournaments as well as the prize money obviously.

Lol at the BDO is proper darts and the other bull you posted there last night. Hope you were drunk.

Also Lewis played 1 BDO tournament ever, wouldnt count him as an ex BDO player tbh.

• Advertisement

mdwexford wrote:
    Lol at the BDO is proper darts and the other bull you posted there last night. Hope you were drunk.

BDO is proper darts as in proper pub darts. No bullsit just darts.Poor quality darts alright.

Yes I had a few ;-)

2 tournaments actually. If he only played 1 game in it it still means he played in the BDO. He played county darts too which is under the BDO. Every player in the Premier League has played in the BDO. This is fact.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,301 ✭✭✭✭ArmaniJeanss

I was surprised MVG/RVB was the second semi final, looked likely to be a disadvantage for the winner, especially with no 'novelty match' (e.g., youths final) between the semis and final.
    Being in the first semi-final should be one of the rewards for the winner of the group phase imo.

I was surprised MVG/RVB was the second semi final, looked likely to be a disadvantage for the winner, especially with no 'novelty match' (e.g., youths final) between the semis and final. Being in the first semi-final should be one of the rewards for the winner of the group phase imo.

Thats a great idea. Because MvG gets no benefit in being top of the league all year.
    What happened to the youth final? When is it played now, I thought it was great having it on final night. Killed the void on sky too rather than showing highlights of a match that had just being shown 5 mins earlier.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,480 ✭✭✭Devastator

Wade and Lewis both played with the BDO before PDC. Don't know why people say they didn't.
    mdwexford wrote: »

Also Lewis played 1 BDO tournament ever, wouldnt count him as an ex BDO player tbh.

Oh really? I wasn't sure about Wade which is why I asked. I just knew he was quite young when he was in PDC. Lewis, I'm sure I've heard somewhere saying he was only in PDC. Maybe sky hype machine :D
    I was surprised MVG/RVB was the second semi final, looked likely to be a disadvantage for the winner, especially with no 'novelty match' (e.g., youths final) between the semis and final.
    Being in the first semi-final should be one of the rewards for the winner of the group phase imo.

I suppose it depends on the player and their own preference. Some might like to keep paying straight through(kind of) when their arm is loose and into it rather than taking a break and their arm going cold while the other match is on.

Just had look at PDC calendar and looks like youth final is same night as players championship finals in November this year, thats the tent at Butlins tournament on ITV.

Going back to an argument about majors a few pages back,After being asked about the upcoming World Matchplay, Phil Taylor said Premier League is 2nd biggest tournament after the Worlds Championship , Matchplay 3rd.

• Advertisement

Going back to an argument about majors a few pages back,After being asked about the upcoming World Matchplay, Phil Taylor said Premier League is 2nd biggest tournament after the Worlds Championship , Matchplay 3rd.

Lewis said it was the second biggest though.

And he's not a jackass.

mdwexford wrote:
    Lewis said it was the second biggest though.

Who to believe. ..

Lewis who is absolutely terrible in the PL every year and only won 2 worlds.

Or a man whos won EVERYTHING multiple times?

Wayne Mardle actually said the World Cup of darts was a major on Thursday haha.

Who to believe. ..

Lewis who is absolutely terrible in the PL every year and only won 2 worlds.

Or a man whos won EVERYTHING multiple times?

Wayne Mardle actually said the World Cup of darts was a major on Thursday haha.

Only two worlds lol, he's the second most successful player in the history of the pdc worlds and he's only 30.

Taylor talks a load of rubbish at the best of times.

Matchplay is obviously much more prestigious.

mdwexford wrote:
    Only two worlds lol, he's the second most successful player in the history of the pdc worlds and he's only 30.

mdwexford wrote:
    Taylor talks a load of rubbish at the best of times.

I'd say John Part has been more successful than Lewis in the worlds? And for a player of Lewis' quality to only reach 4 major finals in 10 years shows he aint half the player people make him out to be.. Anyway my point was Adrian only won one major x2. Obviously he wont rate the PL cos he's sht in it.

Matchplay winner 100k
    Premier league 250k

Would you prefer prestige over 150 thousand quid?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,045 ✭✭✭✭gramar

I'd say John Part has been more successful than Lewis in the worlds? And for a player of Lewis' quality to only reach 4 major finals in 10 years shows he aint half the player people make him out to be.. Anyway my point was Adrian only won one major x2. Obviously he wont rate the PL cos he's sht in it.

Matchplay winner 100k
    Premier league 250k

Taylor has never made any bones about his love of money so easy see why he would pick the Premier league over the Matchplay.

I think they should expand the Premier League next year, theres enough quality around now to have 16 players at least. And it should be top 16 no wildcards.

gramar wrote:
    Taylor has never made any bones about his love of money so easy see why he would pick the Premier league over the Matchplay.

In every sport I can think of, the biggest, most prestigious tournaments are the ones that have most money? You're implying that the players would prefer to win 100k over 250k exept Phil?

Matchplay winner 100k
    Premier league 250k

Hmm forgot about Part, arguably I guess but Id say Lewis going back to back in higher quality fields is more impressive.

Consistency is Lewis's weak point for sure, his A game is pretty unplayable line the rest of the big 4. His ranking for the last few years confirms his top 3/4 status in the game imo.

I just hate the PL, you seem to like it. We've had this discussion before. Any tournament where you can get beaten 4/5 times and still win it and had a final of first to 10 legs can't be right.

If I was a pro of their status Id take the Matchplay over the PL every time.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,045 ✭✭✭✭gramar

In every sport I can think of, the biggest, most prestigious tournaments are the ones that have most money? You're implying that the players would prefer to win 100k over 250k exept Phil?

Not in the slightest....they all love the money...just Phil more than any of them!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,621 ✭✭✭ThebitterLemon

Doubt that's right CK, in golf there are competitions (FedEx Cup etc) that have bigger prizes than the majors but I'd say any FedEx winner would swap with a majors winner. In lots of sports there are exhibition matches with big pay days but feck all prestige.

TbL

• Advertisement

I actually dont like the Premier League. It's one of my least favourite tournaments. I just think it's a major tournament and certainly not an exhibition. Some of ye said earlier that it's an exhibition because it's a non ranking event. Does that mean the Grandslam is an exhibition too as it hasn't been a ranking event although it is going to be this year.

• Registered Users Posts: 514 ✭✭✭DuckHook

I actually dont like the Premier League. It's one of my least favourite tournaments. I just think it's a major tournament and certainly not an exhibition. Some of ye said earlier that it's an exhibition because it's a non ranking event. Does that mean the Grandslam is an exhibition too as it hasn't been a ranking event although it is going to be this year.

It's an exhibition because it's an exhibition..ranking point have nothing to do with it.

Didn't see point in starting a new thread but some details have been released for 2016 PL.

http://www.pdc.tv/news/article/8lek2tar52hj1jzj9xg5fnv3z/title/2016-betway-premier-league-dates

Dates have been released, looks like Belfast & Dublin have swapped slots & there will now be a night in Holland.

Reminder for anyone going - tickets usually on sale about end Sept,early Oct. Priority tickets(tables) available week early to livepdc.tv customers

Devastator wrote:
    Dates have been released, looks like Belfast & Dublin have swapped slots & there will now be a night in Holland.

It's about time the Netherlands got a night tbh, they have contributed alot to darts in the last 10 years.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,301 ✭✭✭✭ArmaniJeanss

Looks like Brighton is the one to miss out.

• Registered Users Posts: 37,814 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

3 pre sale tickets for the premier league dublin night (18 Feb 2016) on sale at 9am and on public sale on monday

the prices have risen. 30 euro for tiered seating, 55 for table seating.

• Registered Users Posts: 37,814 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

got 4 decent tickets block c row 9 in the pre sale. for an extra 5.95 each ticket you can a special lanyard ticket with special artwork. didnt get it too dear :D:D

PTH2009 wrote: »
    got 4 decent tickets block c row 9 in the pre sale. for an extra 5.95 each ticket you can a special lanyard ticket with special artwork. didnt get it too dear :D:D

Jaysus they're fairly ripping the hole out of it.

Last time I went(2014) it cost £48 per ticket inc booking fee's, that was for table seat in front 1/2 of the hall. Was a couple of quid cheaper for the back 1/2 of the floor.

• Registered Users Posts: 79 ✭✭paintitwhite

Would there be any benefit to joining the PDC website for tickets to Dublin the choice on ticketmaster isn't great or would all decent tickets already be gone. Not looking for a table.

• Advertisement

Would there be any benefit to joining the PDC website for tickets to Dublin the choice on ticketmaster isn't great or would all decent tickets already be gone. Not looking for a table.

None, only benefit is pre sale.

Advertisement