Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Undertaker Reportedly In WWE’s Wrestlemania 31 Plans

Options
12346»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,301 ✭✭✭✭gerrybbadd

Yeah personally i dont think he should've gone back to the dead man character, yeah its probably the best creation ever, and it worked but as soon as he became the american badass with the kid rock music, that for me was when it should've stopped.

It had run its course, but it could also have evolved to be just more Mark being himself, rather than returning to the Supernatural Undertaker.

Taker was given a lot more time to talk as the Bad ass too, in a more realistic way

• Registered Users Posts: 13,553 ✭✭✭✭briany

gerrybbadd wrote: »
    It had run its course, but it could also have evolved to be just more Mark being himself, rather than returning to the Supernatural Undertaker.

Taker was given a lot more time to talk as the Bad ass too, in a more realistic way

I enjoyed his return to the deadman character in 2004, but with a modern twist. His return to that wasn't the problem so much as sticking with it for years and being given very little to do on the mic, which is a shame because he proved his mic work to be very capable during his late 90s into early 2000s run.

Returning to an American Badass type thing now would feel very contrived and out of the blue. His evolution into that before wasn't as sudden as people seem to remember. Taker was starting to go that way a little just as his Ministry run was ending. I seem to remember him sitting by ringside doing guest commentary in a pair of tinted shades, for example, right at the end of his Ministry phase. In retrospect, you could see how his style was ready to change. Also, I think that was actually the segment where he went off TV, in an underexplained angle where Bearer comes over, whispers something in 'Taker's ear, they both hurry up the ramp, and *poof* he isn't seen again until the 2000 Rumble.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,395 ✭✭✭✭Turtyturd

Taker wasn't at the 2000 Rumble. He was gone from September/October 99 til Judgment Day in May 2000, and I think the last he was seen was when he got 'suspended'.

He had been changing into his American Bad Ass character before he went though, I think Brother Paul brought the dead man into the desert and did something that made him too embarrassed to come back out.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,187 ✭✭✭✭IvySlayer

He wont change his character, when he retires, the lights will go out, he will disappear, and will never be seen again. I don't see him going out on his bike :P

He can't do the gongs/appear out of nowhere as the ABA

• Registered Users Posts: 11,880 ✭✭✭✭Rock Lesnar

IvySlayer wrote: »
    He wont change his character, when he retires, the lights will go out, he will disappear, and will never be seen again. I don't see him going out on his bike :P

He can't do the gongs/appear out of nowhere as the ABA

Or He could win his match at mania next year, get up on the bike, ride out to the door, stop, hand in the air, Gong, and off he goes into the texas sun.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,845 ✭✭✭Pentecost

I heard they're thinking of giving him the gay hairdresser gimmick.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,166 ✭✭✭Stereomaniac

Oh, I thought a 15+ minute match on PPV meant something. Guess not.
    Please don't be so confrontational in your tone with me, if you're replying to my posts. I think you knew what I was talking about in the first place. Take it easy.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,584 ✭✭✭Frank O. Pinion

Please don't be so confrontational in your tone with me, if you're replying to my posts. I think you knew what I was talking about in the first place. Take it easy.
    I just want to point out, that you're responding to a post I made from two months ago, and I don't even post in this forum anymore after your last hissy fit.

If you have a problem with my (old) posts in this forum, talk to a mod. I have no idea why you decided to go looking for an argument responding to an old post. Maybe you didn't see that post two months ago, and you're someone that just has to get the last word.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,011 ✭✭✭Tugboats

How do people think it will be handled? Will Brock be addressed? I think it will be a bit strange if he's back on Raw feuding with Bray while in another segment Heyman and Brock will be waffling on about the 1 in 21. Surely they need to square off, acknowledge each other or something??

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 654 ✭✭✭Gerry Rio

If WWE books Bray Wyatt vs. The Undertaker at Wrestlemania 31, they will have to book the match late if they want both men to have their normal ring entrances.

Obviously when both men enter the lights are out. The problem is that sunset in Santa Clara, California during March is 7:30 PM local time, which would be hours into the show.

Credit: The Wrestling Observer via Rajah

Given how close Mania is they really should have had an answer from Taker on this in December and not still up in the air in February.

• Advertisement

Gerry Rio wrote: »
    If WWE books Bray Wyatt vs. The Undertaker at Wrestlemania 31, they will have to book the match late if they want both men to have their normal ring entrances.

Obviously when both men enter the lights are out. The problem is that sunset in Santa Clara, California during March is 7:30 PM local time, which would be hours into the show.

Credit: The Wrestling Observer via Rajah

Given how close Mania is they really should have had an answer from Taker on this in December and not still up in the air in February.
    I presume its a done deal otherwise why else would Bray be doing these videos?

• Registered Users Posts: 802 ✭✭✭KingJamsie

Tugboats wrote: »

The videos are vague. They could just swap taker for Sheamus/Balór/Alex Riley(anybody) if they wanted...

• Registered Users Posts: 11,880 ✭✭✭✭Rock Lesnar

To entice Kane to put the mask on....again

• Registered Users Posts: 732 ✭✭✭Reebrock

Bray could be calling out Damien Demento.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,101 ✭✭✭MitchKoobski

https://instagram.com/p/zX7gJIkG6w/

Looking healthy enough here. You can see his hair has been dyed black when he turns around. Safe to expect him Monday.

• Registered Users Posts: 37,872 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

Have a feeling it will be a returning seamus vs bray at wrestlemania

Undertaker mite make an appearance after the sting vs triple h match at mania. After sting wins the lights go out and the gong starts and it sets up the match for mania 32

• Registered Users Posts: 11,342 ✭✭✭✭rossie1977

KingJamsie wrote: »
    The videos are vague. They could just swap taker for Sheamus/Balór/Alex Riley(anybody) if they wanted...
    PTH2009 wrote: »
    Have a feeling it will be a returning seamus vs bray at wrestlemania

sorry guys but he is clearly only talking about one person here and it ain't sheamus or alex riley

The only thing is most fall asleep during a Bray promo these days so it maybe doesn't matter who shows up

• Registered Users Posts: 9,846 ✭✭✭Moneymaker

The only thing is most fall asleep during a Bray promo these days so it maybe doesn't matter who shows up

His promos have been great lately.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,426 ✭✭✭montyrebel

check out the debut video for sister abigail, due to show up tonight, http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HF_3nfFDwbQ

:P

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,477 ✭✭✭brianregan09

Is that real ?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,426 ✭✭✭montyrebel

no fan made by a friend of mine, but really well done

• Registered Users Posts: 9,820 ✭✭✭grames_bond

montyrebel wrote: »
    no fan made by a friend of mine, but really well done

congratulate your friend - that is class!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,089 ✭✭✭✭rovert

Someone is working out:
    B-j_--KCEAAxOru.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 4,082 ✭✭✭The Ayatolla

I seriously hope he leaves Mania in a relatively good condition and doesn't live to regret his decision to come back.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,348 ✭✭✭✭ricero

Read a report tonight that taker will not appear in the flesh until the match at mania.

i like that idea and think Wyatt has enough in him to carry the feud on his own until wrestlemania.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,553 ✭✭✭✭briany

ricero wrote: »
    Read a report tonight that taker will not appear in the flesh until the match at mania.

i like that idea and think Wyatt has enough in him to carry the feud on his own until wrestlemania.

Wyatt had better up his game, then. If the build is to consist of Wyatt giving a rambling promo every week, then that's a crap build. Would 'taker be kept off TV in order to build his mystique, or just because he's not f*cked about showing up?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 654 ✭✭✭Gerry Rio

• Registered Users Posts: 9,954 ✭✭✭Degag

Gerry Rio wrote: »

Great entrance. The one with the raven stands in my memory as well as the one against HBK where he rises from the ground and HBK drops in from the rafters.

Favourite one probably is WMXX though.

• Advertisement
Advertisement