Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Undertaker Reportedly In WWE’s Wrestlemania 31 Plans

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 677 ✭✭✭Cheese Wagstaff

CSF wrote: »
    Well I didn't mean to be offensive, if that is any solace.

I'll dust myself off. A cruel blow has been struck, but I will prevail.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,689 ✭✭✭bur

Think Wyatt is potentially a very good heel. Like his gimmick, has ring presence and he's decent on the mic, even if some of his promos are meh. And it takes two to make a poor feud, and you can't tell me his last couple have been booked in any meaningful way, there is nothing at stake for the audience because they make no sense.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,909 ✭✭✭✭CSF

bur wrote: »
    Think Wyatt is potentially a very good heel. Like his gimmick, has ring presence and he's decent on the mic, even if some of his promos are meh. And it takes two to make a poor feud, and you can't tell me his last couple have been booked in any meaningful way, there is nothing at stake for the audience because they make no sense.
    Agreed, on the last part. But some of the guys who've been suffering have been making gold out of the same dirt. Ziggler in particular.

• Registered Users Posts: 295 ✭✭therickster

$$$$$ would the simple answer.

His health is seriously declining and no amount of money is worth it at this stage, even taker knows this.

The streak is gone now so I see no benefit to come from another match, he will only further damage himself and his legacy if he has another match.

I merely said he has potential, that's my opinion which you ran down. That's what I responded to.

He can talk, he can go in the ring and for a lad of his size, his endurance is surprisingly good. He wrongly came out the wrong end of his feud with Cena (for whatever reason), and that stalled everything from a credibility standpoint. I think it's a shame, because he does have what it takes to succeed, so I'd like to see him being used in a way that gets him there in a logical way.

The end result last night did nothing to help that.

I completely agree Cheese!

I said on another forum last year at the start of the Cena feud he was being buried. Who doesn't get buried by Cena in fairness? Rusev is up next!

They had something great there with Wyatt and have already killed his momentum ten times over, he should of came out much better than he did at the end of the Cena feud.

His RR showing was great, but then they ruined it by him being eliminated in the manner he was. Went out with a wimper and the commentary team barely mentioned it.

• Advertisement

I completely agree Cheese!

I said on another forum last year at the start of the Cena feud he was being buried. Who doesn't get buried by Cena in fairness? Rusev is up next!

They had something great there with Wyatt and have already killed his momentum ten times over, he should of came out much better than he did at the end of the Cena feud.

His RR showing was great, but then they ruined it by him being eliminated in the manner he was. Went out with a wimper and the commentary team barely mentioned it.

Despite my fear of getting crucified for having an opinion again, I'll persevere.

I wouldn't particularly say that the Cena feud was a fork in the road that went the wrong way.

The Kane and Bryan feuds certainly didn't go particularly well either, the fans didn't buy into them at all for various reasons.

The WWE went with their 'as long as he keeps winning he's ready' approach, the one they're clearly trying to push through with Reigns, and thought that all of a sudden his heel heat will be smouldering with Cena, but it didn't happen. It takes a really good heel to be able to maintain the heel heat against the largely unpopular with the vocal live crowd Cena.

Rusev may fare better, especially with Lana, because he's been able to get the heel heat against pretty much all opponents thus far. Partly because of the Anti-America gimmick. But also because he is f*ckin awesome.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,689 ✭✭✭bur

Agreed, on the last part. But some of the guys who've been suffering have been making gold out of the same dirt. Ziggler in particular.

Ziggler barely gets any reaction at all in the arenas, he's also terrible on the mic.

Ziggler barely gets any reaction at all in the arenas, he's also terrible on the mic.

Ziggler definitely gets a reaction. I'd also dispute heavily that he is terrible on the mic. He's not Seth Rollins, but he holds his own pretty well, and his wrestling and portrayal of his character is second to very few.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,880 ✭✭✭✭Rock Lesnar

When have you heard Ziggler on the mic over a period of time to say hes terrible.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,758 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

Really? I always thought the crowd popped strongly for Ziggler. Ziggler can cut a promo when he wants when he isn't stuck going on about the whole show off thing.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 654 ✭✭✭Gerry Rio

:pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 85,259 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

If this is Taker's last WM which I assume it is, a rematch with Brock would be best imo

Although Wyatt could be good but his gimmick is confusing me tbh is he recruiting for his cult as with his his feuds he hasn't added anyone new instead has lost Rowan or he is "taking souls and spirits" :p

I would have thought a triple threat Wyatt family match with Bray Vs. Harper Vs. Rowan might happen at WM

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    If this is Taker's last WM which I assume it is, a rematch with Brock would be best imo

Although Wyatt could be good but his gimmick is confusing me tbh is he recruiting for his cult as with his his feuds he hasn't added anyone new instead has lost Rowan or he is "taking souls and spirits" :p

I would have thought a triple threat Wyatt family match with Bray Vs. Harper Vs. Rowan might happen at WM

That is the match that makes sense. Even I marked out a bit when Rowan came out and the 3 of them had a showdown.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,846 ✭✭✭Moneymaker

4/10

I really hope Ziggler is taking back the IC title at Mania. Obviously Id like to set my sights higher for him but sure I'll take what I can get at this stage.

Very worried for Ambrose's Mania prospects too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,417 ✭✭✭WinnyThePoo

I really hope Ziggler is taking back the IC title at Mania. Obviously Id like to set my sights higher for him but sure I'll take what I can get at this stage.

Very worried for Ambrose's Mania prospects too.

I was thinking I would like to see Ambrose against Orton, but nothing to do with the authority angle. Just have Orton start going berzerk again. Could be a good feud.

I was thinking I would like to see Ambrose against Orton, but nothing to do with the authority angle. Just have Orton start going berzerk again. Could be a good feud.

Yeah that was in my thoughts too. Reckon they'd work well together.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,137 ✭✭✭veganrun

I thought it would have been perfect if Taker had come in at number 30, won the RR then faced Lesnar at Mania, won the title and then retired as champ.

I guess that won't be happening now.

veganrun wrote: »
    I thought it would have been perfect if Taker had come in at number 30, won the RR then faced Lesnar at Mania, won the title and then retired as champ.

I guess that won't be happening now.

God no! Jesus no!

Taker as champ? at his age and poor health?

Sure how would that help the company in promoting new stars? Giving the title to their oldest performer on the roster.

Taker should be inducted into the HOF and that is that. Leave his legacy as is and lets remember it fondly! If starts doing a a Flair / Funk and keeps coming out for matches once or twice a year he'll lose his reputation slowly but surely.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,553 ✭✭✭✭briany

JP Liz V1 wrote: »

I can't say I'm really looking forward to a Wyatt/Undertaker clash at WM31. Wyatt's a guy who has all the tools but has lately been lacking direction and I don't think a match with 'taker will really remedy that.

If the match were to happen, a 'taker loss would upset a lot of the smarks who want to see Undertaker win and regain some cred after the streak being broken last year. Wyatt gets the rub, sure, but it's a diminished one and a pointless one if he goes back dead end feuds, singing his little song and making his tirades with a lot of content but very little meaning. A 'taker loss also hurts the Undertaker brand. What would he be then? Some old guy who comes back every year to job at Wrestlemania?

Moreover, I'm getting a little bit tired of seeing Undertaker come back year after year to work one match. The problem of coming back like this (and usually within less than 3 TVs before 'mania) is there's zero psychology in it. The best matches are usually that because there's compelling reasons for this fight to happen and why the participants have a grudge. The idea of coming back to defend the streak was thin enough and without that there's even less.

If the match is to happen, instead of having Undertaker show up near 'mania time apropos of nothing, have Wyatt go looking for him. Do it vignette style. Give some sort of a story. At least in this way there is some sort of an emotionally compelling reason for these two men to fight.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,881 ✭✭✭JohnMarston

briany wrote: »
    Undertaker show up near 'mania time apropos of nothing, have Wyatt go looking for him. Do it vignette style. Give some sort of a story. At least in this way there is some sort of an emotionally compelling reason for these two men to fight.

I like this, maybe as part of the buildup, it cuts to Taker in a dark room, despondent, his loss last year still playing on his mind. He no longer feels like the Phenom he once was, just a broken down man.
    Bray taunts him, Taker ignores him or feels there's no point in it.

Bray resorts to more extreme measures to seek him out by kidnapping Kane (seriously, there is no downside, its not like kane is doing anything) to draw him out. Taker feels he has something to fight for again and shows up on a Raw, Bray beats him down, claiming he wants to break his spirit as his body was last year, agreeing to free his little brother if he can beat him at WM.

If Taker loses, him and his brother become Wyatts disciples (or something to that effect)

Just a storyline off the top of my head

I like this, maybe as part of the buildup, it cuts to Taker in a dark room, despondent, his loss last year still playing on his mind. He no longer feels like the Phenom he once was, just a broken down man.
    Bray taunts him, Taker ignores him or feels there's no point in it.

Bray resorts to more extreme measures to seek him out by kidnapping Kane (seriously, there is no downside, its not like kane is doing anything) to draw him out. Taker feels he has something to fight for again and shows up on a Raw, Bray beats him down, claiming he wants to break his spirit as his body was last year, agreeing to free his little brother if he can beat him at WM.

If Taker loses, him and his brother become Wyatts disciples (or something to that effect)

Just a storyline off the top of my head

Have Wyatt kidnap Kane as a bargaining chip with the authority to be put in the title picture at 'mania. Have it that he's taken Kane to some little cabin out in the back woods and he's started sending in little recordings of his rants and demands, with Kane yelling in the background. Authority comes out, saying they won't respond to a lunatics demands, basically selling Kane up the river.

*BONG*

• Registered Users Posts: 3,845 ✭✭✭Pentecost

Taker's wife hasn't been kidnapped in a while.

Pentecost wrote: »
    Taker's wife hasn't been kidnapped in a while.

Yes must be Michelle's turn now, Sarah was taken a few times :p

• Registered Users Posts: 960 ✭✭✭Officer999

I wouldn't mind seeing Undertaker return with the American badass gimmick. Be nice to see him emerge through the curtain on his motorcylce towards Bray in the ring or as Taker would refer to it "his yard". I think it would get a huge pop.
    Be a nice turn of pace...his Phenom gimmick is getting a bit stale

Officer999 wrote: »
    I wouldn't mind seeing Undertaker return with the American badass gimmick. Be nice to see him emerge through the curtain on his motorcylce towards Bray in the ring or as Taker would refer to it "his yard". I think it would get a huge pop.
    Be a nice turn of pace...his Phenom gimmick is getting a bit stale

He definitely needs to revitalise his persona but I doubt there's much impetus to do so for a yearly appearance.

A lot of his character has become boring these days. He's given no mic time, he is beaten up and has entrance is like a funeral procession,
    accompanied by silence from both announcer and crowd. He's supposed to be THE Undertaker, not AN undertaker. It used to be accompanied by a big sustained ovation and JR giving it welly on the mic - "BAH GAWD, KING!! THE UNDERTAKER IS WALKING THROUGH HELL FIRE HERE TONIGHT." etc. Now it's just the occasional flat comment from JBL or Cole, "The immortal Undertaker...." said with a listless affect.

Basically the WWE thinks 'takers' mere presence, rote entrance and predictable match at the event is enough, and I disagree. There's a lot you could do with the guy.

Let's be honest here, it's going to be f*cking awful.

Let's be honest here, it's going to be f*cking awful.

Awful? Doubtful, but it is a match with no setup, little psychology and dwindling interest in seeing the returning guy perform. The two would give it their all but it would not be a classic. I'd have it mid card and give the penultimate spot to a match more deserving.

• Advertisement

briany wrote: »
    Awful? Doubtful, but it is a match with no setup, little psychology and dwindling interest in seeing the returning guy perform. The two would give it their all but it would not be a classic. I'd have it mid card and give the penultimate spot to a match more deserving.

What age is Undertaker at this stage? Badly needs a real ring technician who will be able to carry the donkeyload.

Arguably Bray needs the same.

Dean Ambrose would have been the obvious candidate. There's history there, Ambrose would have been well capable of carrying the feud on weeks Undertaker might not be around, and you know he's gonna be able to put on a classic against anyone.

Largely similar reasons to why Undertaker v Punk was so much more captivating than Undertaker v Lesnar.

Advertisement