Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Undertaker Reportedly In WWE’s Wrestlemania 31 Plans

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 32,909 ✭✭✭✭CSF

DM_7 wrote: »
    Sting, Taker and Ziggler v Triple H, Rollins and Wyatt

Something like that where you mix part timers with current stars who may not have an obvious and important place on the card this year. It could give Ziggler a mania moment tagging with two elite level heros of wrestling. Rollins as Mr MITB could be kept in a prominent match and ready for a possible cash in. Wyatt gets to mix with two mysterious superstars and in particular taking on the Undertaker would be very good for him and possibly last chance to do it.
    Selling a 6 man tag as a WN main event would be near on impossible.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 18,138 Mod ✭✭✭✭DM_7

CSF wrote: »
    Selling a 6 man tag as a WN main event would be near on impossible.

It wouldn't be the main event.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,553 ✭✭✭✭briany

Mr. Guappa wrote: »
    I have always felt that Taker-Lesnar II has been what they are working towards. Heyman once again mentioned Taker in his Raw promo a few weeks back.. to me it's the obvious way to go. Bill it as Taker's last match, can he avenge last years loss and go out on a high with his reputation restored. You could have Taker cost Lesnar the title at RR, or less likely have their WM match for the title, giving Taker the chance to retire as Champion.

I like it. With all Taker's done for the company he needs to go out on a high. I know Taker's typically been a pretty unselfish performer, particularly when you take into consideration his standing, but going out on a win is still a no-brainer. Making him look strong in his final match also gives him back some of that aura which will keep up his pulling power up for future non-wrestling appearances, like GM Taker or commentator Taker - CommenTaker!

It wouldn't be the main event.
    Ok then, so you're taking 2 big stars who unquestionably cost a very hefty sum, and you're putting them in the sort of 6 man you would typically see as the main event of Raw. Where is the logic?

If you're bringing these guys in, you need to be putting these guys into matches that will sell, so that they can hype the **** out of the network. Wrestlemania is supposed to be where scores are settled, huge feuds, where stars are made, money matches, that you wouldn't get on Raws or at the smaller PPVs. Like honestly, what would be the point?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,023 ✭✭✭seandotcomm

briany wrote: »
    or commentator Taker - CommenTaker!

BOOK IT!!!!!!

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 18,138 Mod ✭✭✭✭DM_7

Ok then, so you're taking 2 big stars who unquestionably cost a very hefty sum, and you're putting them in the sort of 6 man you would typically see as the main event of Raw. Where is the logic?

If you're bringing these guys in, you need to be putting these guys into matches that will sell, so that they can hype the **** out of the network. Wrestlemania is supposed to be where scores are settled, huge feuds, where stars are made, money matches, that you wouldn't get on Raws or at the smaller PPVs. Like honestly, what would be the point?

Not debating it, its just what i would like to see. I will expand though.

I have no interest in Triple H, Sting or Taker in singles matches in 2015. I want to see part timers used as a special attraction but not the attractions all through the card. Using them in a tag match could share some spotlight with other wrestlers that will be there on Monday.

With what happened at Survivor Series Sting, Triple H, Rollins, Ziggler are linked in a story that could have a pay off and deserves one on a big show. I like the idea of Taker v Wyatt but as i said not that interested in Taker having another singles match. So put it together as something i would like.

Would prefer to see Rollins in a singles match but he will have already faced Ambrose, Cena and probably Orton by then. No need to run through all possible opponents in 10 months.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,216 ✭✭✭Ageyev

Dave Meltzer in the latest Wrestling Observer Newsletter writes that it is Bray Wyatt who Undertaker may wrestle at Mania next year, if he wrestles at all that is.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,954 ✭✭✭Degag

I would sincerely doubt that you'll see Taker in anything other than a singles match. Maybe an outside chance od him teaming with Sting but certainly not a 6 man tag team match.

Also I think when he finally decides to end his career - his one match a year career - you won't see him in a WWE ring again for much. He's not a Hogan who can't say goodbye, nor is he a Flair who needs the money.

Not debating it, its just what i would like to see. I will expand though.

I have no interest in Triple H, Sting or Taker in singles matches in 2015. I want to see part timers used as a special attraction but not the attractions all through the card. Using them in a tag match could share some spotlight with other wrestlers that will be there on Monday.

With what happened at Survivor Series Sting, Triple H, Rollins, Ziggler are linked in a story that could have a pay off and deserves one on a big show. I like the idea of Taker v Wyatt but as i said not that interested in Taker having another singles match. So put it together as something i would like.

Would prefer to see Rollins in a singles match but he will have already faced Ambrose, Cena and probably Orton by then. No need to run through all possible opponents in 10 months.

I'm not telling you what can or can't or should or shouldn't be your dream card or anything like that.

I'm just pointing out why something like that won't and shouldnt happen. Wrestlemania is for big money matches and putting guys over in singles matches against the part-time superstars who've been putting themselves over all year, and are just one match away from superstardom.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,166 ✭✭✭Stereomaniac

WWE would be paying these guys crazy money to come in, they're only going to be putting these guys in with people who will make this match sell, previously PPVs, now the network.

The only 2 non-veterans you could sell this with are Rollins and Ambrose and with the latter even that would require a compelling build-up program.

Obviously I'm talking present tense now for Undertaker or Sting, rather than a year ago when the only permanent members of the roster suitable for the role would have been Cena, Bryan and Punk, and people would have HATED Cena doing it
    I think that if you put The Undertaker in there with anyone, it's going to sell. He is the most special attraction that the company has, really. Dean Ambrose has really become the number 2 guy in the wake of all the injuries etc. as well.

• Advertisement

I think that if you put The Undertaker in there with anyone, it's going to sell. He is the most special attraction that the company has, really. Dean Ambrose has really become the number 2 guy in the wake of all the injuries etc. as well.

Not true. At least not the kind of selling that WWE want from their Mania match

But yes, Undertaker v Ambrose if the streak had not been broken would have been all kinds of awesome, Ambrose and Rollins (and arguably Rusev as a heel) are that one big Wrestlemania win away from superstardom. I don't buy that Reigns is even though they're going to keep telling us so.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 654 ✭✭✭Gerry Rio

Taker Vs Wyatt is one of the worst matches I can think of considering it will likely be his last.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,965 ✭✭✭laoch na mona

Gerry Rio wrote: »
    Taker Vs Wyatt is one of the worst matches I can think of considering it will likely be his last.

it would be good for Wyatt though and could be used to deepen his story, eater of worlds becomes the eater of darkness

• Registered Users Posts: 1,143 ✭✭✭ciano316

If Taker wrestles at Mania 31 he will do 32 as well and then that will be it. 32 is in Texas.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,170 ✭✭✭Ridley

Obviously I'm talking present tense now for Undertaker or Sting, rather than a year ago when the only permanent members of the roster suitable for the role would have been Cena, Bryan and Punk, and people would have HATED Cena doing it

I have no interest in Sting and I think Cena facing Undertaker for the streak could have been amazing.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,954 ✭✭✭Degag

Ridley wrote: »
    I think Cena facing Undertaker for the streak could have been amazing.

Can't disagree although I could not fathom him breaking it. I'll get over Lesnar...sometime.

Not true. At least not the kind of selling that WWE want from their Mania match

But yes, Undertaker v Ambrose if the streak had not been broken would have been all kinds of awesome, Ambrose and Rollins (and arguably Rusev as a heel) are that one big Wrestlemania win away from superstardom. I don't buy that Reigns is even though they're going to keep telling us so.
    I disagree with this. The Undertaker is a special attraction regardless of opponent IMO.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,477 ✭✭✭brianregan09

Even without the streak Cena vs Undertaker would be a massive draw two of the biggest stars of the industry who've never faced off (in a meaningful match) at Wrestlemania and not to mention how great would it be to see Taker shake off the Lesnar loss by defeating Cena with a tombstone centre of the ring

• Registered Users Posts: 1,584 ✭✭✭Frank O. Pinion

Cena vs Undertaker would be a massive draw two of the biggest stars of the industry who've never faced off (in a meaningful match)
    They had a PPV match at Vengeance 2003.

Meaningful match?

• Advertisement

it would be good for Wyatt though and could be used to deepen his story, eater of worlds becomes the eater of darkness

Of course it would, it'd be good for anyone. But you need to get matches against guys like The Undertaker on your own right, not just because it would be good for you. Get yourself over, have a year full of incredible feuds, a year full of incredible matches and then you are entitled to that Wrestlemania breakout moment. Not just because it would be good for you.

Step forward Dean Ambrose and Seth Rollins who've done exactly that, and with a bit of luck Dean Ambrose will be going over something serious at Wrestlemania against someone significant, and Seth Rollins will be cashing that briefcase in against someone significant.

I disagree with this. The Undertaker is a special attraction regardless of opponent IMO.

I can't have the notion that Undertaker vs Cena or Undertaker vs Bryan doesn't sell better than Undertaker vs Wyatt or Undertaker vs Reigns. I just can't have that notion.

That aside, even if I was wrong about that, you don't just throw someone in who has done nothing to deserve it, on the basis that Undertaker is a special attraction regardless of opponent.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,584 ✭✭✭Frank O. Pinion

Meaningful match?
    Oh, I thought a 15+ minute match on PPV meant something. Guess not.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 477 ✭✭The Strawman Argument

They had a PPV match at Vengeance 2003.
    A match featuring rookie heel Cena from over a decade ago is hardly the same thing as a match between the two now, a 60 year old and a one legged man was higher up on the card!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,170 ✭✭✭Ridley

Even without the streak Cena vs Undertaker would be a massive draw two of the biggest stars of the industry who've never faced off (in a meaningful match) at Wrestlemania and not to mention how great would it be to see Taker shake off the Lesnar loss by defeating Cena with a tombstone centre of the ring

Could still do something with it but with the streak gone, Cena/Undertaker is not as appealing for me. The drama's in the threat of Cena winning again.

Looks like the dream match Vs Sting is definitely not happening and WWE are continuing their heavy push of Wyatt. I personally think the guy is the most over rated new star of the past 10 years.
    WWE wants to induct The Undertaker into the 2015 Hall of Fame if he decides not to wrestle at Wrestlemania 31. Either way, they are planning on Undertaker making an appearance in some capacity.

That’s why he was included in advertisements even though it’s unknown if he’ll wrestle.

WWE is still hoping he will compete and are preparing Bray Wyatt to be his opponent.

Source http://411mania.com/wrestling/the-undertaker-will-reportedly-appear-at-wrestlemania-31-in-some-capacity/

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,011 ✭✭✭Tugboats

Gerry Rio wrote: »
    Looks like the dream match Vs Sting is definitely not happening and WWE are continuing their heavy push of Wyatt. I personally think the guy is the most over rated new star of the past 10 years.

Source http://411mania.com/wrestling/the-undertaker-will-reportedly-appear-at-wrestlemania-31-in-some-capacity/

Taker Wyatt would be a bigger car crash than the Brock match. Taker is at the stage where he needs a great worker in the ring and Bray is not the man.

Taker Vs Sting Vs Triple H and let Hunter take up the slack.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,143 ✭✭✭ciano316

As soon as the Sting/HHH moment at Survivor Series happened it was Sting vs. HHH at Mania.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 16,096 ✭✭✭✭the groutch

why oh why is Bray still being pushed?

did his dad find some tax irregularities in the WWE's accounts and use them to blackmail Vince? ;):D

Advertisement