Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Street Fighter V: Despite all his ragé he's still just a rat in a Kage

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,225 ✭✭✭airmax87

Still not a fan of this HUD, it's not very capcom imo.

• Moderators Posts: 8,678 ✭✭✭D4RK ONION

More vids

As for balance, have people learned nothing from this thread?!

> Game looks ugly
    Game gets visual overhaul everytime we see it, not to mention youtube compression is defo partially to blame

> Game looks slow and dull
    Game gets sped up and hit-stop has been reduced massively

> This is clearly not alpha footage, this is close to what it's going to look like
    Footage was clearly alpha, and probably still is.

Damage and meter build and time V-Trigger lasts are all most likely being set quite high at the moment so that they can make the game look hype to casuals and so that the meters will actually build up in time to use them once a round.

Capcom have done a great job with the SF4 series, especially recently where they brought ultra to MANY live events and actually listened to the people playing it and took that into account. Let's just wait and enjoy the evolution of the game's dev cycle, yeah?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,229 ✭✭✭Dreddybajs

No discussion in the discussion thread guys!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,006 ✭✭✭Ramza

Definitely agree with Onion, it's obvious certain aspects like damage, HUD, meter build soundtrack etc will definitely change between now and march.

• Registered Users Posts: 800 ✭✭✭The Hound

Game looks great. That Bison walk animation is too good, nerf it. He doesnt look all charge. His ultra was executed during walk forward

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,328 ✭✭✭Nutrient

K.O.Kiki wrote: »
    Ramza would you stop calling things OP.

It's a beta build.

This statements OP, Nerf plz

The Hound wrote: »
    Game looks great. That Bison walk animation is too good, nerf it. He doesnt look all charge. His ultra was executed during walk forward

He's all charge apart from his V Skill and his super being qcf motion.

I'm really liking how he looks in this version, scissor kick still looks amazing, looks like he has great normals and his v trigger is feckin insane.

• Moderators Posts: 8,678 ✭✭✭D4RK ONION

Dreddybajs wrote: »
    No discussion in the discussion thread guys!

I'll change the thread title now

• Registered Users Posts: 4,229 ✭✭✭Dreddybajs

Much appreciated. :pac:

I actually think the game is looking leaps and bounds better with each new set of footage released! Still a long way to go but I'm hopeful.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 25,868 Mod ✭✭✭✭Doctor DooM

Yeah game looks more and more fun with each upgraded appearance.

• Advertisement

It seems like there's two unique get up tech timings when knocked down, one where you quick rise in place and one where you seem to roll/flip back a little, much like in SF3. In fact, a lot of the game looks to play very similarly to SF3 ; no hard knockdowns outside supers, forward dashes being strong, backdashes being next to useless. Also blowing up stand tech was more prevalent in SF3 so maybe they're going in that direction by removing crouch tech. Overall I'm impressed. All I'm hoping is that they speed the game up a little more as it still seems kinda clunky in parts, but again, no point in criticizing an alpha

I think Chun is gonna be sick, her V Trigger looks amazing, she has her 3s normals (st rh, cr.mk, ugh) and her damage and mobility look insane. I wonder if she can make UBs off her install thing, maybe make a deep jump normal hit twice (high) then go for a quick low? Who knows

http://www.computerbild.de/artikel/cbs-Vorschau-PC-Street-Fighter-5-Vorschau-Preview-11930227.html

Cammy and Birdie apparently are the next two characters. That would explain the London stage then. Ono did say the next character to be revealed was someone we hadn't seen for a while so its definitely possible. I'm also guessing these characters are in the game right now, hence why we've seen no character select screens in the latest footage.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,333 ✭✭✭Sairus

Quick google translate:
    A reunion with old friends
    Among the already known participants Ryu, Chun-Li, Nash and M. Bison, the veterans Cammy White and Birdie join. Cammy plays fast as ever, the lively lady sets primarily on speed and melee attacks. Birdie on the other hand is a huge chunk, he cuts neatly and puts a lot. The Colossus is very immobile, but his iron chain has a not to be underestimated coverage. Therefore, the giant in the current pre-release is also clearly too strong. Here Capcom still has screws on the balance!

EDIT: Desk did a neat speed comparison between current SFV and SF4

• Closed Accounts Posts: 97 ✭✭Merces

I'm already loving the aesthics and music of this game. I like the slower pacing and the gameplay seems to have more in common with SF III than IV. Anyway, future iterations will remain Sony exclusives according to Capcom.

http://www.pushsquare.com/news/2015/06/capcom_says_street_fighter_v_will_always_be_a_ps4_console_exclusive_even_with_future_re-releases

Merces wrote: »
    I'm already loving the aesthics and music of this game. I like the slower pacing and the gameplay seems to have more in common with SF III than IV. Anyway, future iterations will remain Sony exclusives according to Capcom.

http://www.pushsquare.com/news/2015/06/capcom_says_street_fighter_v_will_always_be_a_ps4_console_exclusive_even_with_future_re-releases

Slower pacing... SF3?

Bison without psycho crusher, Charlie without charge... Cammy without divekick?

We can only dream :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,966 ✭✭✭Scavenger XIII

If that rumour winds up true I hope Birdie got a bit of a redesign. Not somebody I'd be hype to see but I wouldn't mind his inclusion if he looks a bit less ridiculous.

Give us streetwise Cammy, that is all.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,888 ✭✭✭Fergus_

When's Sak?

They gave Bison a new coat. Could Sakura finally throw out that stanky old uniform?!

Urien plz. And make him keep his suit on plz Capcom.

Regarding characters I hope they don't go overboard with the roster. I'm a fan of small to medium sized rosters. 16 characters would be fine with me at launch. Obviously with dlc and expansions down the line more will be added, but I hope they don't over dilute the game with too many characters.

• Advertisement

New ono tease

VgBqs

That's the same skull that's on Birdie's belt. The chains on the skull are a dead giveaway too. Pretty much a given that birdie is in.

Birdie_(Street_Fighter).png

• Registered Users Posts: 11,001 ✭✭✭✭chopperbyrne

Sweet. Loved Birdie in Alpha 2.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,225 ✭✭✭airmax87

• Registered Users Posts: 238 ✭✭Cobelcog

yyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeesssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss

• Registered Users Posts: 136 ✭✭Chris IWS

Nobody awake for the Sony E3 presser?

Disappointed I didn't see a lot more Birdie than Cammy, tbh.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,001 ✭✭✭✭chopperbyrne

Why is he now fat and breathing fire?

birdie-altcolor-stance.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 699 ✭✭✭blag

Birdie has no charge moves now or 360's, wonder why they did that.

Chris IWS wrote: »
    Nobody awake for the Sony E3 presser?

Disappointed I didn't see a lot more Birdie than Cammy, tbh.

Cammy is very popular with the pervy Japan crowd, that's probably for them.

Why is he now fat and breathing fire?

birdie-altcolor-stance.gif

How did he go from a white man to a black man?

How does Sakura never age?

I guess the answer is "because Street Fighter."

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 598 ✭✭✭Macal

I admire Capcom's efforts to make Cammy just a TINY bit less naked by giving her a weapon holster on her thigh.

Advertisement