Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

GAMEWEEK 15 CAPTAIN

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,855 ✭✭✭The Wild Bunch

Is Dzeko still out?

• Registered Users Posts: 963 ✭✭✭Officer999

Going with a gamble and putting it on Austin.

Have a feeling that Aguero may start from the bench with that must win game in Rome in mind.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,297 ✭✭✭OneColdHand

Agüero has had 3 big scores this year: 19, 13 and 16. He followed up his 19 and 13 pointers with 2 pointers. Last week he scored 16….will he follow it up with another 2 pointer?!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,779 ✭✭✭Benimar

Officer999 wrote: »
    Going with a gamble and putting it on Austin.

Have a feeling that Aguero may start from the bench with that must win game in Rome in mind.

Aguero was subbed off as soon as the game was won on Wednesday to 'rest' him. Thats a clear a sign as there is that he will start tomorrow.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,094 ✭✭✭SpaceCowb0y

CSF wrote: »
    With the CL game a few days later, I don't want to, I want to captain Costa. but I feel as though I have to captain Aguero.

This!!

But I have the armband on Costa for now so I can pretend i'm really a man that can think for himself.... at least up until around 10:59am tomorrow :pac::D:D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 973 ✭✭✭internet_user

Really tempted by costa, fresh against a newcastle team with lots of injuries.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,291 Mod ✭✭✭✭F1ngers

Really tempted by costa, fresh against a newcastle team with lots of injuries.

That was my thought process when I chose the mighty Ings last week.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,400 ✭✭✭TacT

for some reason I'm finding it hard to look past aguero

• Registered Users Posts: 33,048 ✭✭✭✭CSF

This!!

But I have the armband on Costa for now so I can pretend i'm really a man that can think for himself.... at least up until around 10:59am tomorrow :pac::D:D
    I havent fully decided, but with 7 important h2h matches to navigate this week and a team I'm confident of doing well otherwise, I'm reluctant to lose them all because everyone else captained Aguero and I didn't. Of course the reverse could also apply in my favour, but with me thinking I have a good team this weekend already, taking risks mightn't be the way forward.

• Registered Users Posts: 36,171 ✭✭✭✭SlickRic

F1ngers wrote: »

the thing is, Burnley aren't Chelsea.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,785 ✭✭✭Dubliner28

Has to be Aguero again an Everton team that dont do clean sheets and have Distin in there team

• Registered Users Posts: 7,589 ✭✭✭Dr. Bre

aguero for me. I've been unlucky with him as captain tho. I captained him when he didn't score v swans and saints but didn't captain him v qpr and sunder and he scored twice! he owes me ha

• Registered Users Posts: 4,297 ✭✭✭OneColdHand

Dr. Bre wrote: »
    aguero for me. I've been unlucky with him as captain tho. I captained him when he didn't score v swans and saints but didn't captain him v qpr and sunder and he scored twice! he owes me ha

The pattern has to change sometime!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,785 ✭✭✭Dubliner28

As an Everton fan this week i hope it doesnt

• Registered Users Posts: 8,747 ✭✭✭Ziegler1988

Dr. Bre wrote: »

Sounds you like owe Sergio for not captaining him those times :). I'm just hoping he'll be kind to me tomorrow and not get double digits; I'll gladly take that and then leave the rest up to Benteke on Sunday.

• Registered Users Posts: 532 ✭✭✭Arbitrary

Despite all their injury woes Newcastle have consistently remained solid at the back, home and away, which can't be overlooked when considering Costa.

When I was looking at the Chelsea v Spurs game when deciding to Captain Hazard, my logic was, how many did City put past Spurs and then subtract that by a goal or two because of Chelsea's habit of shutting up shop. Chelsea could have scored more if they really wanted to push. They were running into the corner flags in the 80th minute at 3-0 up.

Then I looked at how Chelsea fared against Sunderland and thought, City might get 1 or two at most. It didn't really work out and I lost out on 7 points as a result, but the logic albeit flawed, was loosely correct.

I don't fancy Chelsea to score any more than 2 goals v Newcastle and Costa has been quiet as of late. Mourinho is just as likely to shut up shop with a 1 or 2 nil scoreline.

For more Chelsea goals, we basically need Newcastle to equal Chelsea's scoring efforts, Newcastle are averaging about a goal a game in more recent fixtures (a little above, maybe 1.2 or something).

Aguero...

Every time I captain him he blanks, every time I take the armband off him he runs riot. CL midweek is a huge concern, if City were 6 points clear at the top of the table, I would be looking at the likes of Austin for the Armband due to City's looming CL crunch tie.

But they're not and this is a must win game for City. If city bang in 3-4 goals before HT he could feasibly be subbed there and then, but who cares!? He's likely to be on the score sheet if that's the case.

Chelsea put 6 goals past Everton at Goodison park, so I expect City to inflict some pretty heavy damage on Everton, my only concern is 4 of the 6 goals came in the 2nd half. I can't see Pelegrini subbing Ageuro at HT with anything less than a 3-0 scoreline. So realistically we should get another 20-30 minutes out of him in the 2nd half.

I do like Austin as an option, but QPR games are just so unpredictable, all H2H history and stats goes out the window with them imho. One week they'll play a 6 goal game and they'll follow it up with a no score bore draw the week after. The same can be said about Burnley to a certain extent, very few expected they'd beat Stoke at home, they seem to score one or two one week and blank the next. (on a side note I'm really torn about benching Boyd).

Austin and Ings are appealing, but there's just too much variance involved with picking either one, despite the variables, Aguero is the safest bet imho.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,263 ✭✭✭✭manual_man

F1ngers wrote: »

Ings has Dean Marney feeding him tho, Costa has Fabregas

2015/2016

• Registered Users Posts: 16,305 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Prodston

manual_man wrote: »
    Ings has Dean Marney feeding him tho, Costa has Fabregas

Yeah you'd have to fancy Ings there when you put it like that :pac:

I've gone and changed it to Benteke. On the back of scoring; at home; against the bottom team in the league - with the 2nd leakiest* defense and missing their captain and central defender through suspension - it makes sense, right? :o

• Advertisement

Sounds you like owe Sergio for not captaining him those times :). I'm just hoping he'll be kind to me tomorrow and not get double digits; I'll gladly take that and then leave the rest up to Benteke on Sunday.

You've captained the Beast, then? :)

• Registered Users Posts: 22,249 ✭✭✭✭Lemlin

Anyone know Aguero's record against Everton? I think its fairly decent. Last season he scored and missed a pen but got an assist for the pen I think. It rebounded off the post and hit Howard to go in iirc.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,747 ✭✭✭Ziegler1988

manual_man wrote: »
    You've captained the Beast, then? :)

Yup, we'll be brothers in arms this weekend :cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 17,022 ✭✭✭✭Iused2likebusts

Lemlin wrote: »
    Anyone know Aguero's record against Everton? I think its fairly decent. Last season he scored and missed a pen but got an assist for the pen I think. It rebounded off the post and hit Howard to go in iirc.
    I think he went off injured in one of the games against them one of the many times he left me frustrated last year. What he is doing now is the reason I always go back to him.

• Registered Users Posts: 42,084 ✭✭✭✭Scorpion Sting

2 goals, 2 assists in 5 games against the Toffees.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,262 ✭✭✭iroced

Was it not when Lescott scored the rebound? Or maybe that's 2 years ago. Was a dream situation for my team back then :D.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,249 ✭✭✭✭Lemlin

iroced wrote: »
    Was it not when Lescott scored the rebound? Or maybe that's 2 years ago. Was a dream situation for my team back then :D.

They must be two years ago. Definite Howard og last year.

Lescott barely got on the pitch for City last year iirc.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,663 ✭✭✭sheroman01

Augero :) Everton looked poor at the back mid-week, Kun will have fun with Distin and Jag I think :)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,737 ✭✭✭Hococop

Yaya for me

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 94 ✭✭crazy8

Captain Costa, he had a nice rest, should be firing even if playing away. Everton are hot and cold in defence.

Everyone will captain Aguero, so if you need someone to make a difference, could be Costa.

Advertisement