Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

UFC 181. Hendricks Vs Lawler / Pettis Vs Melendez

Options

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 382 ✭✭Cyber Ghost

Man Hendricks has some chin though.

That front head kick knocks out most of the division.

• Registered Users Posts: 715 ✭✭✭ianob7

Why no interviews with Joe ??

ianob7 wrote: »

There was with Robbie.

Good night everyone !

• Registered Users Posts: 21,383 ✭✭✭✭martyos121

Well that was a very solid night of fights, some great finishes too.

See ye for the TUF 20 Finale!

• Registered Users Posts: 715 ✭✭✭ianob7

Stream cut out thought I was back fast enough though ! obviously missed inbetween

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,273 ✭✭✭EuskalHerria

ianob7 wrote: »

There was one with Lawler. He seemed incredibly angry. Like a robot programmed to fight, unable to feel any joy at winning a belt.

I can imagine the trash talk between him and MacDonald would be....pulsating.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,357 ✭✭✭Wrongway1985

Delighted for Robbie!! Had it 48-47 for Hendricks though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,480 ✭✭✭Devastator

I wanted Lawler to win the fight but there is no way he did so tonight! I couldn't believe it it was even going to a split decision.

I'm happy anyway because I got my 2 bets in with 5/5 picks :)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,421 ✭✭✭weemcd

Somebody giving Lawler a 10/8 in the 5th round there is my guess. Winning him the fight

Devastator wrote: »
    I wanted Lawler to win the fight but there is no way he did so tonight! I couldn't believe it it was even going to a split decision.

I'm happy anyway because I got my 2 bets in with 5/5 picks :)

Yeah my Pettis/Browne/Robbie treble came in

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,335 ✭✭✭✭Utopia Parkway

weemcd wrote: »
    Somebody giving Lawler a 10/8 in the 5th round there is my guess. Winning him the fight

That would be insane.

Hendricks was fighting not to loose the fight in the last round and Lawler went to try and win it.

Can't argue with the aggressor but there would be no controversy if Lawler had done that earlier in the fight

• Registered Users Posts: 7,056 ✭✭✭darced

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 39,192 ✭✭✭✭Mellor

wow, was following it on bleacherreport and they scored it 48-47 to Hendricks, figured he did just enough to hold on to it
    I wanted Lawler to win, did he deserve it?!
    I scored it 48-47 too.
    Posted my scores along the way as they were grim rounds as could see something like this happening.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,733 ✭✭✭ASOT

Mellor wrote: »
    True. But I think that was a bit if a freak sub at the time. He had broke him on the feet and should do the sane to Gil imo.

He got his purple belt for subbing Bendo. He'll gets brown if he subs Gil. :)
    Davei141 wrote: »
    Pretty much. Noway in hell is Melendez getting submitted.

Cough :pac:

Absolute robbery for Lawler but im not fussed, id like to see at 3rd fight so this is one way of getting it!

9c5a725111846460a18ed2e3c8d8fe5d.png

0ec80156058e5dbcdd152359ebcd121c.png

85d32b8ed38d0875bbff3bd2f86d8ade.png

B4Ou2CQCYAAHRPf.jpg

Last post in a row sorry got carried away, Absolutely delighted for Samman hes a beast, glad hes finally getting to show it!

weemcd wrote: »
    10-8 in the last would make it a draw, not a win for Robbie.

The scores don't match a 10-8 round. A 10-8 makes it 47-47, 48-46, etc
    darced wrote: »
    End of the fourth round too Hendricks just held on to a single and lay there eating body shots like he gave up or something,really stupid stuff from Hendricks.
    It's pretty much the 4th that lost Hendricks the fight.

The two judges who scored it for Lawlor both have him rounds 1,4&5.
    (The 49-46 judge gave him rd 2 also).
    Lawlor actually landed more strikes in the 4th.

Looks like Khabib is next, he interrupted the presser at around the 3 minute mark. Pettis with a does he speak English remark....

Uriah has the bum chin of all bum chins :pac:

851df7982b7d4b2c93202c55a1d72591.png

• Registered Users Posts: 3,539 ✭✭✭John_D80

Just watched this now.

48-47 in favour of Lawler for me. No question.

I always check the results in the morning and if there is talk of a controversial decision I watch the fight with the sound off and do my best to look at it like a judge would. Deffo Lawler for me.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,541 ✭✭✭Davei141

ASOT wrote: »
    Cough :pac:

Absolute robbery for Lawler but im not fussed, id like to see at 3rd fight so this is one way of getting it!

Haha good shout well done man!

That is a disgrace of a decision. Robbie Lawler won maybe the first 90 seconds of the fight and the last round. Hendricks smashed him during the rest of it no doubt about it. Up there with the worst decision of all time...I am going to watch it again but that is pure crap, saying that as a huge Robbie Lawler fan.

John_D80 wrote: »
    Just watched this now.

I always check the results in the morning and if there is talk of a controversial decision I watch the fight with the sound off and do my best to look at it like a judge would. Deffo Lawler for me.

LOL WHAT? Must have just been a coincidence that you scored it for Lawler but absolutely everyone(except 2 judges) watching it live scored it for Hendricks

How about watching the fights and making up your mind before you look at results

John_D80 wrote: »
    Just watched this now.

Which rounds did you give Lawlor ?

Even with the sound off people are still influenced by knowing the result, especially a controversial one.

Just found this posted on twitter.....dunno what the pink judge was watching 4 rds to 1? :eek:

B4OzUk1IAAAcjN5.jpg:large

Which rounds did you give Lawlor ?

Even with the sound off people are still influenced my knowing the result, especially a controversial one.

lol maybe I should remove the photo of the scorecard incase theres another coincidence :D

Watched the fight again, first was very close Lawler came out swinging at the start (first 2 mins) and practically faded for the next 17+ minutes, done OK for the last minute of the 4th (despite being beaten for the other 4 minutes) and won the last minute decisively in the 5th (Close up until that point). It seems people are giving him the 4th round because hes Robbie Lawler and nobody likes Hendricks, even going so far as taking points away from Hendricks for going for take-downs. 1st Close either way 2/3/4 Hendricks 5th for Lawler.

Lawlor actually landed more strikes in the 4th.

This isn't true. I know there are lots of stats floating about (I have seen stats that have Hendricks 23 strikes to Lawlers 19) but watch the 4th again, id say that last 20 seconds are big time skewing them figures with the shots during the take down. Hendricks won the vast majority of that round.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,908 ✭✭✭JacksonHeightsOwn

i miss the 25 year old GSP. He'd beat the pi$$ out of the two of them eejits on the same night, and barely break a sweat.

Hendricks didnt go out to win the fight, he went out not to lose. Delighted Lawler got the decision. Yeah, it was close, but at least he went there to win.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,539 ✭✭✭John_D80

Devastator wrote: »
    LOL WHAT? Must have just been a coincidence that you scored it for Lawler but absolutely everyone(except 2 judges) watching it live scored it for Hendricks

How about watching the fights and making up your mind before you look at results

You can speak for absolutely everyone who watched this fight?? Ok, if that's the case, point taken.

5th was a no brainer. 4th was lawlers also, more strikes landed and totally nullified any attempt at control by Hendricks. 3rd and second were both clearly Hendricks. 1st was close but I gave it to Lawler.

Whenever the exchanges were going Lawlers way Hendricks thought he could get through by lay and pray and controlling Lawler on the mat but he got burned by Lawlers greatly improved defensive wrestling and TDD.

Apologies if my opinion differs from the masses but try not to be offended old boy. Obviously if the majority disagree, then I absolutely must be wrong. :-)

• Advertisement

Davei141 wrote: »
    This isn't true.
    Yes it is true. He landed more total strikes.
    [url]www.fightmetric.com:8081/events/fight-info/5056/[/url]
    Hendricks had more significant strikes.
    23-19
    But Lawlor had more total strikes. 30-23

Advertisement