Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Seems like a good deal on coal....

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 46 mazzybabsxx

my3cents wrote: »
    Its £45 per pallet and one load of one tonne on a pallet.

Just ordered today and their prices went up to £52.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 982 ✭✭✭VincePP

Just ordered today and their prices went up to £52.

Considering that the delivery service is based in the south, paying for truck and driver in euro, its quite natural for the cost in sterling has changed as the sterling rate changed by an almost identical percentage.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,968 ✭✭✭blindside88

Has the price of the coal come down considering the drop in sterling?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,071 ✭✭✭mikeecho

Has the price of the coal come down considering the drop in sterling?

They have dropped it by €20 per tonne 2weeks ago.

I'd expect it to go back up when their stocks deplete, as they will be buying polish coal goon their suppliers with a weaker Pound against a stronger Euro

• Registered Users Posts: 1,912 ✭✭✭Marhay70

Depends where their supplier is. If they buy direct from Poland why would they be buying in Euro, Poland doesn't use the Euro.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,079 ✭✭✭Mervyn Skidmore

This question has probably been asked but what type of coal would be best suited to a Stanley Erin stove. I want to get a tonne for my mum but not really sure what to get, all I know is that she doesn't buy nuggets. We're in the countryside so I don't think she needs smokeless either.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,773 ✭✭✭taytobreath

This question has probably been asked but what type of coal would be best suited to a Stanley Erin stove. I want to get a tonne for my mum but not really sure what to get, all I know is that she doesn't buy nuggets. We're in the countryside so I don't think she needs smokeless either.

I use the ovoids in my stanley erin and I would never buy anything else again. If u get the draught right they will easily stay burning overnight. they dont have much ash either at the end.
    They are more expensive then the rest of the types and they are smokeless but I think u get what u pay for in terms of price.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,403 ✭✭✭✭vicwatson

Can someone please post an updated price list from faceybook?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,040 ✭✭✭crabbypaddy

I use the ovoids in my stanley erin and I would never buy anything else again. If u get the draught right they will easily stay burning overnight. they dont have much ash either at the end.
    They are more expensive then the rest of the types and they are smokeless but I think u get what u pay for in terms of price.

+1 for ovids they have about 20% more carbon content than good quality polish coal so factor that in when comparing, also they produce very little ash and far less corrosive products than bituminous coal. Our neighbours burned the baffle, back, grate and bars out of their erin in 5 years with cheap coal with ovids it always looks like you just cleaned it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,725 ✭✭✭bigron2109

*******Prices Slashed*******

******New Summer Prices Start Now******

All products reduced by €20 per tonne

Polish Coal €200 per tonne
    Black Diamond €230 per tonne
    Amber €200 per tonne
    Doubles €200 per tonne
    Ovoids €300 per tonne
    Clearflame €300 per tonne
    Countryblend €300 per tonne
    Slack €150 per tonne
    Singles €175 per tonne

To order please call 02887740911

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 130 ✭✭Dub_Jim_Royle

Hi guys,
    Does anyone know if they'll do half n half pallets? Like half ovoids half black diamond or whatever?

• Registered Users Posts: 324 ✭✭Redlim

Hi guys,
    Does anyone know if they'll do half n half pallets? Like half ovoids half black diamond or whatever?

Yep, no issue at all. Got the same mix myself last year. Also note that they'll do 50*20kg bags if that suits you better than 25*40kg bags.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,907 ✭✭✭✭Kristopherus

bigron2109 wrote: »

Amber €200 per tonne
    Doubles €200 per tonne
    Ovoids €300 per tonne
    Slack €150 per tonne
    Singles €175 per tonne

To order please call 028-87740911

Thanks for that. For anyone ordering from R.O.I. the phone number above should be 048 instead of 028

• Registered Users Posts: 305 ✭✭reaper180

bigron2109 wrote: »

Amber €200 per tonne
    Doubles €200 per tonne
    Ovoids €300 per tonne
    Slack €150 per tonne
    Singles €175 per tonne

To order please call 02887740911
    thats the old pricelist,since july theres another €20 off all those prices above again

Redlim wrote: »
    Yep, no issue at all. Got the same mix myself last year. Also note that they'll do 50*20kg bags if that suits you better than 25*40kg bags.

is there a price difference for getting it in smaller bags ?

mikeecho wrote: »
    is there a price difference for getting it in smaller bags ?

Nope, there's no difference in price. They just price per tonne.

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 23,063 ✭✭✭✭beertons

Just got a pallet delivered today for the auld lad and uncle. 40 25kg bags, handler for the elders to lift than the bigger ones. No bag of slack thrown in today though, I was a bit disappointed.

beertons wrote: »
    Just got a pallet delivered today for the auld lad and uncle. 40 25kg bags, handler for the elders to lift than the bigger ones. No bag of slack thrown in today though, I was a bit disappointed.

Sorry mikeecho, as Beerton pointed out it's actually 40 * 25kg bags as opposed to 50 * 20kg. Still much handier to lift though than the 40kg bags

Redlim wrote: »
    Sorry mikeecho, as Beerton pointed out it's actually 40 * 25kg bags as opposed to 50 * 20kg. Still much handier to lift though than the 40kg bags

I knew what you meant.

I think that the smaller bags will suit me better, as the pallet will have to be dropped a distance from my coal bunkers due to gravel

• Registered Users Posts: 452 ✭✭2forjoy

I like the price of polish but think it may be colombian and another mixed . wonder does it burn quick

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,744 ✭✭✭funnyname

reaper180 wrote: »
    thats the old pricelist,since july theres another €20 off all those prices above again

Anyone got the pricelist in sterling? I'm thinking it might be cheaper to pay in sterling if you have handy way of paying with the queen's shilling.

funnyname wrote: »
    Anyone got the pricelist in sterling? I'm thinking it might be cheaper to pay in sterling if you have handy way of paying with the queen's shilling.

i'm sure you could pay in £ with a credit card.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,937 ✭✭✭6541

Hi
    Can someone help me here, so if I wanted half in half. .5 Ovoids for the stove and .5 Polish Coal for an open fire.
    1) Is that correct, Ovoids are for stoves and polish coal for open fire ?
    2) How much in total including delivery charge would that be ?

Thanks folks,

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,764 ✭✭✭my3cents

Half and half no problem, in most cases Ovoids for stoves and polish for open fires but ovoids will do both.

As for price look it up the current ones https://www.facebook.com/Coal-Warehouse-658154320965461/ note the bit that says there is an extra €20 off and then add on about €65 for delivery (recent post says its currently £52).

True stove ovoids like arigna ecobrite are difficult to light in an open fire due to their low volatile content, you can get ovoids with a higher volatile content like cosyglo that are great for an open fire.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,133 ✭✭✭screamer

I'm considering getting a tonne of ovoids from these guys but worried as it's a lot of money of they are crap. I usually buy supertherm ovoids as I find cosyglo crap too....... we use the stove as a central heatwe for rads and water.

screamer wrote: »
    I'm considering getting a tonne of ovoids from these guys but worried as it's a lot of money of they are crap. I usually buy supertherm ovoids as I find cosyglo crap too....... we use the stove as a central heatwe for rads and water.

Just ask them who makes their ovoids theres only a few manufacturer and hundreds of bagging operations.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,140 ✭✭✭pm.

screamer wrote: »

You won't waste your money, they are great... We have a Stanley eirn stove that heats 14 rads from the ovids and a few logs. Great heat and low amount of ash

• Registered Users Posts: 45,276 ✭✭✭✭Bobeagleburger

Their ovoids are great if it's the same stuff they were selling last year

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 68 ✭✭jashar99

Agree with recent posts, their ovoids are great having ordered a pallet of them last year. I ordered a ton of ovoids from kosyking today £280 and delivery to Ireland £19.95. Hope they work out as good as coal warehouse

Advertisement