Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Seems like a good deal on coal....

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,246 ✭✭✭GY A1

vicwatson wrote: »
    Says STG 175 in post by Mike echo ?????

What's difference between black diamond and doubles.
    Or polish ?

• Registered Users Posts: 83 ✭✭gflann

Got the ovoids last year, and was very impressed with them.
    Wondering what the Countryblend is like for a stove....would they be better than than the ovoids?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,764 ✭✭✭my3cents

gflann wrote: »
    Got the ovoids last year, and was very impressed with them.
    Wondering what the Countryblend is like for a stove....would they be better than than the ovoids?
    NO! Check what I'm saying in case I'm wrong but afaik Country Blend contains pet coke (petroleum coke) which gets too hot for a stove or at least it burns the grate out quicker.

• Registered Users Posts: 103 ✭✭chickenlittle

I have just ordered the ovoids and just wondering has anyone got their peat briquettes and are they good?

• Registered Users Posts: 28,403 ✭✭✭✭vicwatson

Mikeecho - is the tonne of black diamond STG 155 or STG 175 ?

• Advertisement

Anyone know or can some one facebook them for me to check? tIA

• Registered Users Posts: 1,747 ✭✭✭funnyname

Anyone know or can some one facebook them for me to check? tIA

Call

• Registered Users Posts: 5,086 ✭✭✭mikeecho

Mikeecho - is the tonne of black diamond STG 155 or STG 175 ?

mikeecho wrote: »
    Hi mikeecho
    sterling prices as follows:

Black Diamond £175 per tonne
    Polish, Doubles & Amber £150 per tonne
    Slack £110
    Singles £140
    All smokeless coals £230 per tonne

thats the prices that they quoted me on 10th August

For other users BD Tonne Stg 175

• Registered Users Posts: 1,081 ✭✭✭reubenreuben

Better of paying in stg now, ovoids were 320 euros last year, now £230 stg or about 270 euros

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,246 ✭✭✭GY A1

For other users BD Tonne Stg 175

What's the difference between polish and black diamond

GY A1 wrote: »
    What's the difference between polish and black diamond

Post #950 page 64

• Registered Users Posts: 1,968 ✭✭✭blindside88

I ordered my coal at 2:30 and put through the email to Liam Connollys, got no call by 4:30 so said I'd give them a call to pay for the courier (don't want delivery until Monday), they said that they'd call me for payment but heard nothing. Hopefully I get a call on the morning, if it's not delivered Monday there'll be no one there on Tuesday to take delivery

• Registered Users Posts: 2,776 ✭✭✭taytobreath

I ordered my coal at 2:30 and put through the email to Liam Connollys, got no call by 4:30 so said I'd give them a call to pay for the courier (don't want delivery until Monday), they said that they'd call me for payment but heard nothing. Hopefully I get a call on the morning, if it's not delivered Monday there'll be no one there on Tuesday to take delivery

thats unusual from them, whenever i dealt with them they took my card details straight away

thats unusual from them, whenever i dealt with them they took my card details straight away

If I don't hear anything by 11am I'll give them a call again. I was surprised after all the good reviews I read here

• Registered Users Posts: 600 ✭✭✭Cocoon

I ordered and paid on Tuesday and I only got a call this evening to arrange delivery tomorrow Friday, they must be busy with the dark evenings creeping in :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,913 ✭✭✭Marhay70

Can someone post the ordering procedure again, I've been toying with the idea of changing from logs for so long I've forgotten how to go about it.

• Registered Users Posts: 261 ✭✭Lanshane

Ordered from coal warehouse on Wednesday morning. Sent email to connolly at 10. I was expecting coal to be delivered Friday. Got no call from them by 3 pm Wednesday. I then rang them, spoke to a nice lady who said they were busy and unable to meet the 30 minute call back deadline specified in the no reply email I got from connolly after sending my email to them. She said someone would ring me that day. At 5:30 Wednesday evening I got a call, they took payment. He then said pallet would be delivered middle of next week! I was expecting Friday but I'm not bothered really. Just be patient, they are snowed under with coal orders from the south I'd say!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,616 ✭✭✭Cape Clear

How much is the freight charge? Is it better to pay for it in Stg or €. I paid €360 last year for a ton of ovoids including dlv.

Just got the call and paid, will be middle of next week for delivery which is a pain. I had read here that it was next day delivery so was in no rush to order, had monday booked off to take delivery. Does anyone know if they'll deliver at around 5pm or is it always around the middle of the day?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 9,764 ✭✭✭my3cents

Just got the call and paid, will be middle of next week for delivery which is a pain. I had read here that it was next day delivery so was in no rush to order, had monday booked off to take delivery. Does anyone know if they'll deliver at around 5pm or is it always around the middle of the day?

Sorry that was me, I was expecting to wait a couple of days and mine came next day. Website say they offer next day but I'd guess you'd pay extra if you need that?

• Registered Users Posts: 261 ✭✭Lanshane

Cape Clear wrote: »
    How much is the freight charge? Is it better to pay for it in Stg or €. I paid €360 last year for a ton of ovoids including dlv.

Yes pay in sterling . I paid €334.47 for a tonne of ovoids delivered this week . Delivery was £51.6, which converted to €61.29.

my3cents wrote: »
    Sorry that was me, I was expecting to wait a couple of days and mine came next day. Website say they offer next day but I'd guess you'd pay extra if you need that?

Ah not to worry, I did ask was it possible to pay extra for next day delivery but they said no

• Registered Users Posts: 6,134 ✭✭✭screamer

How do you pay in sterling?

screamer wrote: »
    How do you pay in sterling?

Just tell them you want to pay in stg and then your credit card co will do the conversion at usually a better rate than the sellers conversion rate.

Edit scratch that as they will only take stg payment if cc is a stg card, otherwise you need to pay in Euro.

Also, they don't have 25kg bags for black diamond - only 20kg bags, so 50 X 20kg bags of BD = €210.00

• Registered Users Posts: 326 ✭✭Redlim

Just tell them you want to pay in stg and then your credit card co will do the conversion at usually a better rate than the sellers conversion rate.

Edit scratch that as they will only take stg payment if cc is a stg card, otherwise you need to pay in Euro.

Also, they don't have 25kg bags for black diamond - only 20kg bags, so 50 X 20kg bags of BD = €210.00

Do you know if they accept the Revolut card for stg payment over the phone?

Redlim wrote: »
    Do you know if they accept the Revolut card for stg payment over the phone?

I dont sorry, but say they might as I was told that their machine does an automatic conversion stg to euro, basically i was put off paying in stg, though i wanted to, still, the rate at 0.83 is not too bad.

• Registered Users Posts: 326 ✭✭Redlim

I dont sorry, but say they might as I was told that their machine does an automatic conversion stg to euro, basically i was put off paying in stg, though i wanted to, still, the rate at 0.83 is not too bad.

Cheers, think I'll try it on Tuesday (UK bank holiday on Monday) and see how it goes.

• Registered Users Posts: 130 ✭✭Dub_Jim_Royle

Just want to make sure I'm not missing something here...

40kg bags of BD for eg in a yard around outskirts of Dublin would be approx €17 (from last years prices)

40kg BD from this yard works out incl delivery at about €11/bag???

Before I end up with a tonne of coal in my garden next week that's after costing me way more than I expected!

• Advertisement

Just want to make sure I'm not missing something here...

40kg bags of BD for eg in a yard around outskirts of Dublin would be approx €17 (from last years prices)

40kg BD from this yard works out incl delivery at about €11/bag???

Before I end up with a tonne of coal in my garden next week that's after costing me way more than I expected!

It's the fact that you're not paying the relevant taxes on the fuel, this is the reason that coal warehouse don't deliver it themselves, it is illegal for them to import it without paying the duties

Advertisement