Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Seems like a good deal on coal....

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,739 ✭✭✭podge3

+1 on that. Absolutely terrible coal, bought a ton had to get a refund.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,081 ✭✭✭OmegaGene

Got this from easyglow

Due to uncontrollable worldwide cost shifts, we can only hold our current price in our LIMITED stock until Monday June 20th

Price Increase €100 per tonne Starts Monday 

You still have time to order before that happens but we have limited stock, when it's gone, it's gone

The internet isn’t for everyone

• Registered Users Posts: 8,357 ✭✭✭jmreire

Have you used their coals OmegaGene? If so how did you find it? ( and which coal did you use? ) Thanks

I used their large ovoids and they were perfectly fine, I have two pallets stored out the back

Thanks OmegaGene, would it be any of the two selection pics I have attached?

• Advertisement
  • Hosted Moderators Posts: 23,072 ✭✭✭✭beertons

Got that email too. Think I'm gonna order a pallet tomorrow of the small ovoid.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,589 ✭✭✭amber2

Just fyi the small ovoids burn best on their own, you get the best heat with the least amount of ash and residual molten.

Bought a pallet but we also use timber and didn’t buy again as we found the large ovoids better to burn with timber.

Thanks again OmegaGene,, but as amber mentions ( Thanks Amber) they don't work too good with wood, which is what I will be using. As they don't seem to nave the large ovoids, what would ye recommend from what's available ? I have a large stove, its a Charmwood Country 16 B, and it can handle quite a range of fuels.

Thanks for your help.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,868 ✭✭✭enricoh

I got a ton of small ones there a few months ago. I burn them with timber in the stove n haven't noticed any bother with them.

They've taken a fair jump in a few months, I should have enough for next winter n hopefully they'll drop back a bit in price afterwards.

Anyone himming n hawing about getting a ton I'd bite the bullet if I were you- apparently its getting hard to source coal n is the guts of 30 quid a bag now n could be 40 by winter. Gas went up 30% internationally yesterday- the bogs could be back in vogue this year!

• Advertisement

i have half a pallet of small ovoids left from two i ordered and they burn fine with wood, same product it is just a different size made in the exact same way

i have two pallets of the large left otherwise i would be all over the small ones at this price because it is only going up.

some people prefer the small ones as they are easier to handle

i would buy small or large going on my personal experience as i've used both from easyglow

I've been trying to contact either CW or EG for the last hour and a half, on their website and by calling....no joy!. No call back on webchat, and phone line's busy.. Any one else having the same problem?

• Registered Users Posts: 68 ✭✭swardy1

Tried to order tonne of the small ovoids before price increase using link sent out by EG. All sold out.

Just talking to CW, they are doing a mixed pallet, per " We have a similar product called Masterheat €550 per tonne, which is a mix of ovoids, nuggets and doubles Plus €80 delivery, The delivery charge better than any I can organize locally. Looks like having to bite the bullet.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,589 ✭✭✭amber2

Perhaps we just got a bad batch we purchased them 2/3 years ago and only made it through to the end of the pallet the start of this year. I know a lot of people on this thread complained at the time and got sent a replacement so perhaps it was just a bad batch as ours didn’t burn through and you were left with a molten like mineral. Large ovoids on other hand were brilliant to burn with timber and we ended up mixing bags large and small ovoids to get tru the pallet of smalls.

i got that pallet too and everyone that complained got a free pallet delivered

• Registered Users Posts: 65 ✭✭darkside71

That's incorrect. I complained and didn't even get an answer from them. Looking at previous posts many others also ended up like myself. There was more than one season when people complained about their ovoids, it wasn't confined to one bad batch. My suggestion to anyone looking to purchase from EG or any other supplier is to fully read this tread and then come to your own conclusion on best purchase.

i sent them one email and they rang me two days later and apologised and delivered the pallet the same week and plenty of others on the thread did the same, if you let them ignore you then that is your choice. There is no stand out best company to purchase anything from, as always it is buyer beware for any product and we have consumer rights if the product is not fit for purpose.

How do you know that I let them ignore me, what an ignorant comment to make. Many also ended up in the same position without any fault of their own. EG has far and above the most negative and mixed reviews of any supplier on here, a read back on the previous posts illustrates this. You are telling people incorrect facts, read back and do some fact checking before you post

you said

"I complained and didn't even get an answer from them"

All the fuel companies have negative reviews here and elsewhere at some point that doesn't mean they only sell inferior products all the time, as i said it is buyer beware and anyone is free to choose who they want, the way you are talking you would think i am advertising a company lol.

Anyway its a nice day for a walk

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,253 ✭✭✭The Student

I also received no customer service at all. I emailed them three times over a three week period because of receiving a bad delivery of coal and I did not receive a single reply.

I appreciate the concept of buyer beware but the lack of customer service actually lost them multiple orders as I was asked to recommend coal suppliers and I steered those people away from coal warehouse.

Yes I complained, I never outlined how many times I complained. Can you read minds? Here's another poster below outlining the same thing back in March and you answering them. Then you post today 'i got that pallet too and everyone that complained got a free pallet delivered'

I'm just pointing out your post is incorrect and somewhat difficult to understand considering this post below. Again I'm just telling people to make up their own minds by reading the thread.

The StudentMar 10, 2022

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/comment/118764118#Comment_118764118

Would never buy from easyglow again. Bought small ovoids and they were rubbish. They fall apart into dust. Contacted them on three seperate occasions about the issue and they never once replied.

Your Answer

Easy glow gave me a free ton of coal when I complained and I couldn’t be happier with the service, each to their own I guess

• Registered Users Posts: 777 ✭✭✭editorsean

I ordered the Eco Stove pallet from the Smokeless Direct site on Tuesday morning and it arrived today (Thursday). I was a little concerned about the order as it showed up as "Thebigcharityrockhunt" on Revolut after the payment went through. Other than an order confirmation, there was no further update until the freight truck pulled up.

Our local coal supplier carries both Eco Stove and Eco Glow, so have already used both over the years. The Eco Stove coal requires a steady draw from under the grate (e.g. Stanley Erin) and requires kindling to light. It will not burn properly in an open fireplace. Eco Glow produces more flames than Eco Stove, but required daily cleaning of the stove glass.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,616 ✭✭✭Cape Clear

Thanks for letting us know always good to get reviews of both coal and service. I see they are on the verge of a price increase also.

• Registered Users Posts: 827 ✭✭✭daingeanrob

I also got a free pallet after complaining so i re-ordered last year and this year again.

• Registered Users Posts: 35,856 ✭✭✭✭BorneTobyWilde

It's a pointless exercise this thread, things have got out of hand. Who is really going to pay over 700 for a ton of coal

• Registered Users Posts: 5,192 ✭✭✭Widdensushi

• Registered Users Posts: 2,616 ✭✭✭Cape Clear

The Easyglow website states free delivery for most counties but when I put in an order for a tonne I'm getting a €60 delivery charge?

• Advertisement

Had a quick look and the delivery included is for half a tonne

Advertisement