Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Seems like a good deal on coal....

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,773 ✭✭✭taytobreath

Ehhhh I bought my tonne way before anyone even knew there was a place in China named Wuhan :)

I know me too yea.
    If you want you can mention my complaint/report to Ronan over messanger way back

Only if u want to mate

I wont bother.

The excuse they use makes some sense to me though, it explains the more bits and the dust and the high volume of ash.

I'm gonna buy another tonne from them whenever my current tonne runs out, but that wont be till after the summer which gives them ample time to get their sht together.

The quality of the stuff before this was so good that even this bad batch is still on par as the ecobrites here but several euro cheaper.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,239 ✭✭✭physioman

I'd be reluctant to buy from them again if the quality has changed. Use to buy from them and quality was fine. Your taking a chance on a tonne of ovoids that may not have improved. Cant exactly hand it back

• Registered Users Posts: 2,140 ✭✭✭pm.

Has the quality of the ovids gone that bad? We do a group buy for the estate every year over 20 ton I don't want to take a chance if its ****e

pm. wrote: »
    Has the quality of the ovids gone that bad? We do a group buy for the estate every year over 20 ton I don't want to take a chance if its ****e

I used them for 2 years in a row and had no issues. Changed to easyglow this year because my father had been using them and they organised the delivery. As i posted previously they are as good as the previous cw ovoids I had previously.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,730 ✭✭✭podge3

I got the same email from CW blaming the virus for the poor quality of my recent delivery. Total BS as my ovoids were delivered several weeks before the virus hit 🙄.

I was offered a discount on my next purchase. Not much good to me when I have a shed full of the last stuff that doesn't burn very well and leaves a grate full of dust. I reply to the Facebook message but no response after several days.

The only way I would purchase again from CW is if I got the ovoids for free and I would pay delivery. This is unlikely to happen.

So after several years and numerous tonnes of ovoids I'll be moving on next winter. Any recommendations - Easyglow seem be be good, do they do a mixed tonne?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,849 ✭✭✭Rows Grower

Easyglow is not very clear on the price of a ton of ovoids delivered, anyone know how much it costs all in?

"Very soon we are going to Mars. You wouldn't have been going to Mars if my opponent won, that I can tell you. You wouldn't even be thinking about it."

Donald Trump, March 13th 2018.

pm. wrote: »
    I just got a 2 ton delivery of ovoids that don't burn and leave a grate full of ash. As a long time customer, I won't be buying again.

Easyglow is not very clear on the price of a ton of ovoids delivered, anyone know how much it costs all in?

Depends where you live. I just filled in form as if I am going to order and after you enter your address it calculates the delivery charge. So for example a tonne of avoids delivered to cork was 381 euro so 58 euro delivery

physioman wrote: »
    Depends where you live. I just filled in form as if I am going to order and after you enter your address it calculates the delivery charge. So for example a tonne of avoids delivered to cork was 381 euro so 58 euro delivery

Thanks physioman, I sent them a message on Facebook to enquire as I wasn't sure if the prices included delivery.

I'm in Kerry so I presume it won't be far off the Cork delivery price. If it's the same I'll order a ton as for the sake of 41 euro or a euro per 25 kg bag I might as well get the better stuff.

It's a pity coalwarehouse left their standards slip, they were good to do business with in fairness, we'd be lost without this thread, a great money saver.

"Very soon we are going to Mars. You wouldn't have been going to Mars if my opponent won, that I can tell you. You wouldn't even be thinking about it."

It's a pity coalwarehouse left their standards slip, they were good to do business with in fairness.
    Couldn't agree more.

While they were easy to deal with when there was no issue with the quality of what they were selling, their response to the numerous customers on here who have issues with the recent quality leaves a lot to be desired.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,486 ✭✭✭SouthWesterly

Bought a ton of small ovids from easy glow for the winter of 2018.
    Cost 375. 423 delivered to Kerry.
    I'm still burning the last of them. They burnt really well.

Looks like they're only 324 now.

I got some supertherm a while ago on offer. They were bigger but didn't burn as well and emit as much heat.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,725 ✭✭✭bigron2109

Got this from Easyglow today

We are sad to inform you of an increase in the rate of Carbon tax on all Solid Fuels from May 1st 2020. This Tax, Solid Fuel Carbon Tax (SFCT), is an excise duty that is applied to all coals supplied throughout Ireland.

Tax Increase €18 per tonne May 1st
    You still have time to order before that happens

Bought a ton of small ovids from easy glow for the winter of 2018.
    Cost 375. 423 delivered to Kerry.
    I'm still burning the last of them. They burnt really well.

Looks like they're only 324 now.

I got some supertherm a while ago on offer. They were bigger but didn't burn as well and emit as much heat.

Just ordered a ton of the small ovoids from them there now, 382 euro delivered to Kerry. Looking forward to trying them but they are more for a stock up for the next cold spell really.

Have to say they are very easy to deal with, contacted them about an order and was told if I ordered in the next two hours the ton would be on the truck this evening. Online order confirmed immediately after payment. Doesn't get much easier really.

Just hope the ovoids are as good as the customer service.

• Registered Users Posts: 757 ✭✭✭Bif

Just ordered a ton of the small ovoids from them there now, 382 euro delivered to Kerry. Looking forward to trying them but they are more for a stock up for the next cold spell really.

Have to say they are very easy to deal with, contacted them about an order and was told if I ordered in the next two hours the ton would be on the truck this evening. Online order confirmed immediately after payment. Doesn't get much easier really.

You might let us know if you burn some in the near future? Thanks.

Bif wrote: »
    You might let us know if you burn some in the near future? Thanks.

Sure will, I owe it to all the other posters here who have helped me in the past.

Says delivery is 2-3 days so it will be early next week before I get to try them but in time for others to order before the price rise.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,486 ✭✭✭SouthWesterly

Don't blame me if they're crap :D

Must order myself. Got a fill of oil recently thinking it would go up. It dropped a hundred a week later. I was sick :(

• Registered Users Posts: 757 ✭✭✭Bif

Sure will, I owe it to all the other posters here who have helped me in the past.

Says delivery is 2-3 days so it will be early next week before I get to try them but in time for others to order before the price rise.

That would be great. Like others I had used CWH ovoids and like them but now afraid to purchase.

• Registered Users Posts: 11 photovoodoo100

Bif wrote: »
    That would be great. Like others I had used CWH ovoids and like them but now afraid to purchase.

Same here, first time with cw last year thanks to the posters here thought they were very good but had nothing to gauge then against so I think I'll hang back for a bit and see how the easyglow are, again thanks to everyone here it's a great resource for information

Jesus Christ lads your man just dropped the ton of ovoids off outside.

I had a few emails since ordering at 3.15pm yesterday updating me that my delivery was dispatched etc but that is some going in all fairness.

I'm up in the hills of South Kerry miles away from the nearest village and 20 miles to the nearest town.

Started off with a few sticks and half blocks and then a few shovels of the ovoids, savage heat off them anyway, running towel rads and 7ft rads upstairs off the stove and they are all hot.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 109 ✭✭nu_90

That's some delivery time !!!

nu_90 wrote: »
    That's some delivery time !!!

I know, I bought a shagging phone from Viberstore and paid for express delivery and it took 5 days to arrive.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,912 ✭✭✭Marhay70

Anybody been using these for a while, I'm wondering are they hard on the grate?

• Registered Users Posts: 452 ✭✭2forjoy

Marhay70 wrote: »
    Anybody been using these for a while, I'm wondering are they hard on the grate?

None of these eggs would be tough on grates . They are only a mix of anth and petroleum coca cola which is limited due to sulphur regulations.

Just an update on those ovoids and the way they burned, I left the door of the stove open and didn't touch it or added nothing to it after I took the picture.

I was working outside and when I checked after 6 hours it was down to a small amount of small (still red when disturbed) cinders, it probably had been that way for a while but I'm only guessing. I'd imagine there would have been less if I had the door closed but they wouldn't have lasted as long.

The rads were still warm after 7 hours. I haven't lit the stove since as the young lad sleeps upstairs with one of the 7 foot rads in his bedroom and he was complaining he couldn't sleep that night with the heat and when he opened the window he was invaded by moths.

It was my first time ever using the small ovoids, at 382 a ton delivered they are a little dearer than the Coalwarehouse but there is no question about it they are great value and it's hassle free order and delivery.

• Registered Users Posts: 831 ✭✭✭False Prophet

Was curious so i checked a tonne from Easyglow cost me in Aug 2017. was £285 delivered, its about 70€ dearer now. Shipping was free for a tonne i think back then

Have the north also had taxes come in to increase the price like the south or are they charging more for shipping now?

• Registered Users Posts: 109 ✭✭Mechatronical

Has anybody got this stuff before and know a place that stocks it?

Seems ideal for what I want (good heat and smokeless for open fire) but cant seem to find anywhere that stocks it.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,907 ✭✭✭✭Kristopherus

Has anybody got this stuff before and know a place that stocks it?

Seems ideal for what I want (good heat and smokeless for open fire) but cant seem to find anywhere that stocks it.

Your image ain't showing, mate.

• Registered Users Posts: 109 ✭✭Mechatronical

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 30,219 ✭✭✭✭freshpopcorn

Bales of Bord na Mona briquettes were €2.50 at Tesco this morning

Advertisement