Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Skinheads in Dublin city centre

Options
13»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,674 ✭✭✭Faith+1

Lux23 wrote: »
    Everyone bullies goths, that's what they are for.

Who is everyone? Bullies are the scum of the earth :mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 768 ✭✭✭SpaceSasqwatch

Faith+1 wrote: »
    Who is everyone? Bullies are the scum of the earth :mad:

I think his comment was tongue in cheek......

• Registered Users Posts: 1 Patriot1921

What alot of people think is that a skinhead is going to dress like one or look like one, thats not true not all dress like skinheads on a regular basis. Its a stereotype, and the same thing with skinheads being racist, have you ever heard of SHARP (Skinheads Against Racial Prejudice ) ? Or that the first skinheads were actually black people ? Do some research then judge people, there is alot of things that people think about skinheads that isnt true. But id most likely say there is atleast one skinhead or a person with the same views as one in every town, and yea there is most likely a group of skinheads in Dublin, but most of them are probably posers, that dont know alot or anything about the culture, but there is older people late 20's and older that are skinheads.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,171 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

The few skinheads I've known were very sound lads, quite anti-racist.

**edit oops. old thread, sorry.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,134 ✭✭✭Lux23

I quite like the look but it starts to look a bit off once you get to my age.

• Advertisement
  • Site Banned Posts: 1,489 ✭✭✭Ralf and Florian

Anyone of a certain age remember an edition of Saturday Live with Pat Kenny from circa 1989/90 where he had a group of skinheads from SHARP on? They were either English or Scottish.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,936 ✭✭✭0ph0rce0

Hersham boys, Hersham boys
    Laced up boots and corduroys.

Hersham boys, Hersham boys
    They call us the Cockney cowboys

Advertisement