Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

MotoGP 2015 News & Chat

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,221 ✭✭✭pablo128

frostie500 wrote: »
    The best option is the roaming grandstand ticket. That's the one that Ive bought as a present for my dad the last few years and he loves it. Get that and, without plugging a mate of mine, the hospitality packages for silverstone are really good value and can be a great experience. I went into one of the boxes last year just to see how he was getting on and all his customers were loving it
    Thanks for that. Though I've just checked prices for hospitality.:eek: A bit pricey for me as I'll be just home from the 'family' holiday.

When you say roaming grandstand, do you mean the general admission? All I can see is that, or that plus you pick one grandstand for a few bob extra.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,444 ✭✭✭frostie500

pablo128 wrote: »
    Thanks for that. Though I've just checked prices for hospitality.:eek: A bit pricey for me as I'll be just home from the 'family' holiday.

When you say roaming grandstand, do you mean the general admission? All I can see is that, or that plus you pick one grandstand for a few bob extra.

No they should have one that gets you into about 10 grandstands, if you're limited to picking a stand though go for Luffield as it's probably the best place for the race and then just walk around and use the General Admission areas at other points during the weekend.

frostie500 wrote: »
    No they should have one that gets you into about 10 grandstands, if you're limited to picking a stand though go for Luffield as it's probably the best place for the race and then just walk around and use the General Admission areas at other points during the weekend.

Perfect. Just the advice I needed. Thanks again.:)

• Registered Users Posts: 33,932 ✭✭✭✭Hotblack Desiato

CJhaughey wrote: »
    Honda's didn't seem to work at Le Mans at all, lots of fallers.
    Crutchlow, Redding, Abraham, Miller.

And Dani! At least he got to complete a race distance.

Laverty was 14th, first MotoGP points.

Rossi had the race pace but didn't qualify well and got a bit held up by other riders, by the time he got into 2nd Jorge was comfortable in the lead and could match Rossi for pace

Lorenzo has really turned his season around. Should be a hell of a battle between him and Valentino in Mugello!

Immense performance from Iannone only a few days after dislocating his shoulder :eek:

Life ain't always empty.

Marquez back in 13th? Oh dear.:pac: Well done Iannone. I thought the Ducati's good start to the season was a flash in the pan. It seems not. They are doing extremely well. I'll bet Cal is kicking himself!

Rossi in 8th is a concern. There's only so many times he can 'get out of jail'.

In any case, I think tomorrows race will be epic.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,117 ✭✭✭tommyboy26

both cruthlow and dovizioso crash in the warm up practice.
    reports say dovizioso is fine but cal has pain in his hand
    that cant be good for there mind frame for the race.
    pedrosa 3 quickest with marquez still back in 9th in warm up.
    this should be a cracking race

• Registered Users Posts: 4,619 ✭✭✭Infoanon

What a Moto 3 race ! Hopefully Moto 2 and Moto GP are just as exciting

Infoanon wrote: »
    What a Moto 3 race ! Hopefully Moto 2 and Moto GP are just as exciting

cracking race pity danny couldnt catch olivera at the line

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 59,738 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gremlinertia

My adrenalin after that!! Iannone is so impressive..

what a race... lorenzo was never going to be caught. iannone had a cracking ride.

marquez not as smiley and composed this weekend!!!!

• Advertisement

My adrenalin after that!! Iannone is so impressive..

Agreed, credit where it's due. He put manners on Marquez more than once. I was hoping Rossi would get 2nd but there was no chance really.

Marquez is surely out of contention for the title now?

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 59,738 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gremlinertia

Yeah he's going to feel that arm later. Marquez needs something from the bike, driving to and over the limit causes these spills, wonder if the team can possibly pull something out of the bag for him?

Yeah he's going to feel that arm later. Marquez needs something from the bike, driving to and over the limit causes these spills, wonder if the team can possibly pull something out of the bag for him?

Cal has dislocated his ankle, Honda seem to be in serious trouble,last time out at Le Mans and now at Mugello Cal/Jack Miller and one the factory bikes has crashed.

Race control have clarrified that Iannone did not jump the start though did add that it was pure luck that he moved at the precise moment the lights went out.

Spotted that about Cal, nasty. Honda are indeed having a nightmare, unfortunately for me I haven't been able to see much live racing due to work so don't have as good an observation as the rest of you here..

• Site Banned Posts: 1,765 ✭✭✭Pugzilla

Thought Marquez was going to walk away with it again this season, happy I'm wrong.

Saw the replay and was certain Iannone jumped the start by a fraction! Great race from him notwithstanding.

Marquez never seemed settled all weekend and although he was very strong at the start of the race it wasn't all that surprising when he crashed out under severe Ducati pressure.

Hope Cal will be ok, that looked painful.

Life ain't always empty.

Actually Cal is Hondas bitch now. It seems his job is to hold up the competition, something he did to great effect today. When he actually tried to race, he came off like Marquez. It looked nasty all the same. I hope he recovers well.

unfortunately for me I haven't been able to see much live racing due to work

You can watch whenever you like if you get the MotoGP Videopass, and they have a 'no spoiler' page you can bookmark so you can watch it without giving away the results. Yeah it's 100 euro but worth it imho, I don't pay for any other subscription TV so it's my little indulgence :)

Life ain't always empty.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,906 ✭✭✭✭CJhaughey

Great racing at Mugello, again! Lorenzo has a seriously impressive record there now, and as long as the tracks stay dry he will be hard to stop.
    That said there will most likely be rain along the way somewhere and then we will see how it pans out.
    Dovizioso's sprocket shredded itself and lost teeth, he had to pit.
    Iannone's ride was amazing for a guy who had a dislocated shoulder.
    The HRC bikes aren't that great right now but I have a sneaky feeling that after the midseason break they may be a lot better than they are now.
    Its obviously a problem with the chassis and tyre setup because the Yamaha and Ducati's don't seem to have half as much trouble as the Honda.
    Rossi will have to qualify better if he is to win another title, starting from 3rd row just isn't enough with the talent ahead of him.
    It will be very interesting to see how the Michelin shod bikes handle, they had a lot of crashes in the test at Mugello.
    It could be a brave new world post Bridgestone.

Interesting front row for the race, I have to say I didn't see that coming!
    Irish engineer in that team as well, Tom O'Kane.

• Advertisement

CJhaughey wrote: »
    Interesting front row for the race, I have to say I didn't see that coming!
    Irish engineer in that team as well, Tom O'Kane.

Some good runs on the medium tyres as well,very tight top 12,small chance of rain towards the end of the moto gp according to the latest weather forecast

Wet races are always interesting. If it does rain I would expect the the Yamaha's to go better and specifically Rossi. Lorenzo has a problem with wet tracks.
    Recent talk seems to suggest the Honda problem is not chassis/tyre related but more that the engine makes big power and it comes in very fast, this makes the corner exit very difficult as the hit just overpowers the front tyre and leads to loss of control.

great to see Suzuki on the front row but tbh i cant see them holding those positions for long should be a very interesting start

• Site Banned Posts: 1,765 ✭✭✭Pugzilla

Marquez does it again

i have to say my heart goes out to cal he hasnt been having a great run lately. is that the last 3 races he hasnt finished?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,467 ✭✭✭h3000

tommyboy26 wrote: »
    i have to say my heart goes out to cal he hasnt been having a great run lately. is that the last 3 races he hasnt finished?

I do like Cal but he is coming across as a right twit on Twitter right now. He really needs to ignore the trolls.

0118 999 881 999 119 725 3

• Registered Users Posts: 2,723 ✭✭✭Arne_Saknussem

Rossi tops first practice session at Assen using the new Yamaha chassis, first time he's topped a session in a while.

1. Valentino Rossi ITA Movistar Yamaha 1m 34.357s
    2. Marc Marquez ESP Repsol Honda 1m 34.552s +0.195s
    3. Dani Pedrosa ESP Repsol Honda 1m 34.570s +0.213s
    4. Jorge Lorenzo ESP Movistar Yamaha 1m 34.772s +0.415s
    5. Pol Espargaro ESP Monster Yamaha 1m 34.927s +0.570s

It'll be interesting to see if he can keep it up later today and tomorrow.

Rossi tops first practice session at Assen using the new Yamaha chassis, first time he's topped a session in a while.

1. Valentino Rossi ITA Movistar Yamaha 1m 34.357s
    2. Marc Marquez ESP Repsol Honda 1m 34.552s +0.195s
    3. Dani Pedrosa ESP Repsol Honda 1m 34.570s +0.213s
    4. Jorge Lorenzo ESP Movistar Yamaha 1m 34.772s +0.415s
    5. Pol Espargaro ESP Monster Yamaha 1m 34.927s +0.570s

It'll be interesting to see if he can keep it up later today and tomorrow.
    Good stuff. I forgot it's a Saturday race this time round. Thanks for the reminder!:)

This year's will be the last Saturday race.

Life ain't always empty.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 695 ✭✭✭Magown3

Rossi on pole.... BOOM :D:D:D

Advertisement