Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

MotoGP 2015 News & Chat

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,444 ✭✭✭frostie500

In fairness to lorenzo he's had one bad weekend. Qatar he could easily have won but the lining fell out of his helmet. COTA he did well to salvage a top five after being so sick. Last time out he was just slow though

• Registered Users Posts: 3,591 ✭✭✭Kat1170

Lorenzo said at the start of this season he was a few kg lighter than before. Doesn't seem to be doing him much good...

I'd say he is a lot heavier now,

what with Rossi setting up camp in his head :D:D:D:D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 4,619 ✭✭✭Infoanon

frostie500 wrote: »
    In fairness to lorenzo he's had one bad weekend. Qatar he could easily have won but the lining fell out of his helmet. COTA he did well to salvage a top five after being so sick. Last time out he was just slow though

This would not be the first time that Jorge is judged to have 'head' problems,but every time he turns it around and win - I for one would not be surprised if Jorge is on the top spot of the podium at Jerez.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,245 ✭✭✭Fabio

Exactly :) but he seemed to think it would make all the difference for him. In fairness in most of the last few close seasons he's been either recovering from injury, or has had surgery to have a piece of metal taken out, so he might not have been able to train as hard before, but he's not getting the best out of the bike and tyres at the moment. The sidewall thing is plausible.

Conspiracy theory - is this a necessary technical change, or Bridgestone's parting gift to Valentino (remember when he forced a switch from Michelin?)
    :cool:

That's an interesting one. Doubt there's much truth in it, but still...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,221 ✭✭✭pablo128

Fabio wrote: »
    That's an interesting one. Doubt there's much truth in it, but still...

The thought had occured to me too.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 33,931 ✭✭✭✭Hotblack Desiato

frostie500 wrote: »
    In fairness to lorenzo he's had one bad weekend. Qatar he could easily have won but the lining fell out of his helmet.

It's funny about things like that. Sometimes a rider gets on a bit of a bad run and then his luck just goes to pot. Who ever heard of a helmet liner half-blinding a rider?
    Same thing with Spies when he was on the factory Yam - the bike broke in ways it never broke before, he had a swingarm go at Laguna ffs. It just got worse and worse the next season, you'd have to feel for the fella.
    Jamie Toseland was another rider like Spies who could never catch a break, injury forced him out in the end too.
    Pedrosa isn't the luckiest rider either, Simoncelli possibly cost him a title, there was that slight tip with Marquez that broke his TC sensor and he got hurt in a highside, now the arm pump. Sadly for him I don't think he will win a title now, but I hope he gets the arm pump issue sorted.

Life ain't always empty.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,287 ✭✭✭✭Frank Bullitt

I genuinely think that Rossi just has a better grasp on the bike this year, thus far anyway.

The stiffer tire wall definitely suits Rossi more, and he can use the bike better.

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 12,778 Mod ✭✭✭✭Zascar

Can anyone point me to a calendar of when the races are on, what channel it's on, and at what time - Irish time?

MotoGp Calendar

For guide check ITV4 for Freeview and BT Sports for pay Tv.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,906 ✭✭✭✭CJhaughey

Marquez has lost one of his five allocated engines for this season, when he parked the bike against the wall in Austin it was because one of the warning lights came on and he had to stop.
    Very unusual for Honda engines but it just shows how fine the line is between winning and not finishing.
    Four engines should be enough for the rest of the season but it may reduce the amount of track time he is able to do on the rest.

• Advertisement

Zascar wrote: »
    Can anyone point me to a calendar of when the races are on, what channel it's on, and at what time - Irish time?
    Kat1170 wrote: »
    MotoGp Calendar

For guide check ITV4 for Freeview and BT Sports for pay Tv.

Meant to say, when you go to ITV4 listings just type MotoGp into the 'search guide''. That should bring you to 'MotoGp Highlights' make sure you click where it says '' Also: at least 5 repeats'' I spent the first few races thinking it was only on once a week while all the time it is repeated a number of times a week. ;)

• Site Banned Posts: 1,765 ✭✭✭Pugzilla

Things have got interesting.

Sure have, Infoanon had it flagged a few posts back. Hope there was a few bob riding on it!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,619 ✭✭✭Infoanon

3 enjoyable races today,every circuit should have a last corner like Jerez !

Roll on Le Mans which may see the return of Dani and will probably have rain !

Anyone been to Le Mans before and have suggestions on the best viewing spots ?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,287 ✭✭✭✭Frank Bullitt

Lorenzo impressed, this could be a belter of a championship.

Infoanon wrote: »
    Anyone been to Le Mans before and have suggestions on the best viewing spots ?

The whole track is mega. The opening half of the lap (down to Garage Vert) is really cool and you can get quite close. From that point onto the end of the lap you're a bit further back but it's still pretty cool. The last corner you get really close too. I love going to Le Mans, great spot and the museum is a must see

Rossi more or less said in interview he had to settle for third, that's the difference between him and Marquez who threw away a bunch of points in Texas. Lorenzo needed a strong result and got it, should be an interesting championship now alright.

Life ain't always empty.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,673 ✭✭✭bladebrew

I just read on Motogp.com about the incident between Hanika and Guevara on the slowdown lap, its insane, Hanika intentionally clipped Guevara and knocked him off his bike, when he fell he broke his collarbone!
    Hanika received penalty points which make him start in pit lane,
    I think the punishment is a bit soft for something like that, and even though I like Fenati his punishment for kicking people had almost no effect on his race!

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=hsSNO2HHzVs

I'm not sure if that video will play when it's embedded? It's not showing up at all on my ipad,

Scummy behaviour and he really should be banned for a few races. His sponsors should be livid

Riders should have respect for each other on track (and generally do, even fierce rivals) and the last thing we want is an F1-style mentality taking hold where winning by ramming rivals off the track is tolerated.

Life ain't always empty.

Scummy behaviour and he really should be banned for a few races. His sponsors should be livid

Riders should have respect for each other on track (and generally do, even fierce rivals) and the last thing we want is an F1-style mentality taking hold where winning by ramming rivals off the track is tolerated.

I'm thinking the money his sponsors bring in is part of the reason he wasn't banned :mad:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,000 ✭✭✭Pat Dunne

Just back from Jerez and here are some photos from the Friday and Saturday. Which were taken from just after the Repsol bridge on the main straight about 100 metres after the final bend.

Not a brilliant view in comparison to out back on the X1 stand. But you are very close to the track, I'd estimate less than 20 metres, the noise was simply wonderful :)

Apologies to the serious photographers on the forum for the quality, as I'm still getting to grips with my camera.

https://www.flickr.com/photos/123178002@N02/with/17379548876/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,221 ✭✭✭pablo128

I'm booking tickets for Silverstone soon. It's only 15 quid extra for a grandstand ticket.Does anyone have an opinion which would be the best grandstand to pick?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,117 ✭✭✭tommyboy26

dani been back for le mans. reports were he didnt do much testing before getting to le mans. it will be interesting to see how his race goes

• Site Banned Posts: 1,765 ✭✭✭Pugzilla

Nice to see Marquez off the podium again

Honda's didn't seem to work at Le Mans at all, lots of fallers.
    Crutchlow, Redding, Abraham, Miller.
    Best placed Honda 4th.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,117 ✭✭✭tommyboy26

i thought the high light of the day was a cracking race by danny kent in moto 3. starting from 31st to end up 4th was a great preformance.

was hoping smith could of held of marquez but it wasnt to be

tommyboy26 wrote: »
    i thought the high light of the day was a cracking race by danny kent in moto 3. starting from 31st to end up 4th was a great preformance.

was hoping smith could of held of marquez but it wasnt to be
    The dicing between Marquez and Iannone was brilliant, I don't think Smith has the ability to pass like that, probably hoping they would mess each other up and let him by.
    There has been more passing this year than the last 5 years it seems like.
    brilliant racing and I hope it continues, it will surely draw viewers if it continues to develop like this.

• Registered Users Posts: 30,028 ✭✭✭✭Ghost Train

CJhaughey wrote: »
    The dicing between Marquez and Iannone was brilliant

Yes that was best part for me, thought it was the last lap when they were going at it, eventually noticed there were still 5 laps to go

I wonder if the lack of Pedrosa feedback on setup is hindering the Honda team as a whole?
    Marquez is so talented that he rides around problems and maybe Pedrosa feeds back more information that is useful for race distance setup?
    No question Marquez is good for a hot lap but as regards setup I just wonder how much experience he brings?
    Since the start of the season when DP has been injured MM seems a bit lost, and I wonder if its pressure and lack of setup affecting him?
    33 pts to Rossi is a fair gap even at this stage.
    Who else has any long term experience with the RCV?
    Crutchlow and Miller first season, Aoyama not fast enough, Abraham and Hayden not on the same machinery.
    And they told Stoner to PFO when he asked to stand in.:confused:

• Advertisement

pablo128 wrote: »
    I'm booking tickets for Silverstone soon. It's only 15 quid extra for a grandstand ticket.Does anyone have an opinion which would be the best grandstand to pick?

The best option is the roaming grandstand ticket. That's the one that Ive bought as a present for my dad the last few years and he loves it. Get that and, without plugging a mate of mine, the hospitality packages for silverstone are really good value and can be a great experience. I went into one of the boxes last year just to see how he was getting on and all his customers were loving it

Advertisement