Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

MotoGP 2015 News & Chat

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,619 ✭✭✭Infoanon

Dani Pedrosa is to miss the next 2 races so as to under go surgery on his arm.

Honda test rider and former 250 world champion Hiroshi Aoyoma shall replace Dani for the two rounds.

Fingers crossed for a successful operation for Dani.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,117 ✭✭✭tommyboy26

Infoanon wrote: »
    Dani Pedrosa is to miss the next 2 races so as to under go surgery on his arm.

Honda test rider and former 250 world champion Hiroshi Aoyoma shall replace Dani for the two rounds.

Fingers crossed for a successful operation for Dani.

Pity for dani hope its only 2 races he misses

http://www.motogp.com/en/news/2015/04/03/successful-surgery-for-pedrosa-in-madrid/173139

looks like dani had a good operation and should recover in 6 - 8 weeks

Interesting comments from Livio Suppo have appeared on Autosport.com which suggest that Casey Stoner returning was discussed but the cons outweighed the pros eg next two races are at new circuits for Casey.
    Livio goes onto suggest that if Casey is serious enough about a return a wildcard entry at the end of the season would not be out of the question.

A surprising development in light of Casey turning down mega money not to retire back in the day.

Word on the street is that Cal has received a number of upgrades from Honda for this weekends COTA race which put his LCR honda on par with the factory bikes.

Heavy rain expected for FP3 but should dry up for final qualifying.

Update:Cal has confirmed that LCR have a chassis upgrade but added that it was expected for this weekend. ...

Meantime Casey has been tweeting about his disappointment at not racing this weekend - Honda have said that if a test had been possible then maybe Casey could have raced but stressed Casey contacted them !

Watch this space ! Will #27 appear at Jerez on the May bank holiday weekend ?

• Advertisement

some bad crashes in free practice in all three levels

what a way to qualify for marquez. running the length of pit lane to get another bike with only 2 and a half mins left

• Registered Users Posts: 1,673 ✭✭✭bladebrew

What is going on with the times in Austin, it says Moto GP race local time is 2pm, but the App says it on live at 00:30am?? I am a bit confused as the time difference is only 6 hours, which should mean the Moto GP race is on at 8 pm Irish time.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,221 ✭✭✭pablo128

bladebrew wrote: »
    What is going on with the times in Austin, it says Moto GP race local time is 2pm, but the App says it on live at 00:30am?? I am a bit confused as the time difference is only 6 hours, which should mean the Moto GP race is on at 8 pm Irish time.

Yep. The main race is on at 8pm Irish time.

coverage starts at 4:30 on btsport2

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,467 ✭✭✭h3000

I love having Colin Edwards part of the BT Sport team.

0118 999 881 999 119 725 3

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 12,778 Mod ✭✭✭✭Zascar

tommyboy26 wrote: »
    what a way to qualify for marquez. running the length of pit lane to get another bike with only 2 and a half mins left

Video: http://www.motogp.com/en/videos/2015/04/12/mm93polerush-the-full-story/173516

Thanks lads, the app still says it's on at 00:30! It even has Monday in brackets beside it! Moto3 is on live now so it's still showing It live!

• Registered Users Posts: 33,920 ✭✭✭✭Hotblack Desiato

Thanks lads, the app still says it's on at 00:30! It even has Monday in brackets beside it! Moto3 is on live now so it's still showing It live!

I usually watch on desktop but logged into the android app on tablet to check, it says 20:00 :)

Try updating the app, and check your time zone/location are set correctly.

Life ain't always empty.

Race delayed due to a water spillage on turn 3. I think it's due to start in 20 minutes time.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,444 ✭✭✭frostie500

Fantastic day's racing in Texas. Really cool to see Kent and Lowes win, first time in 38 years to have two Brits win a GP on the same day. Both look like title contenders as well so could be a very good year. Really impressed by Sam bouncing back from his crashes, Kent's dominance in Moto3 was something to behold too. Marquez' pole lap was incredible

A few pics for anyone interested:
    d34a9153.jpg?w=640&h=427

d34a9132.jpg?w=640&h=427

d34a9073.jpg?w=640&h=427

d34a8974.jpg?w=640&h=427

d34a8909.jpg?w=640&h=427

d34a8653.jpg?w=640&h=427

d34a8588.jpg?w=640&h=427

d34a8645.jpg?w=640&h=427

d34a8144.jpg?w=640&h=427

d34a7847.jpg?w=640&h=427

• Registered Users Posts: 33,920 ✭✭✭✭Hotblack Desiato

Hardly worth your while coming home in between Texas and Argentina, is it!

Life ain't always empty.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,444 ✭✭✭frostie500

Hardly worth your while coming home in between Texas and Argentina, is it!

Sitting in the airport waiting for my flight! 4 hour delay though so it aint all good!

• Registered Users Posts: 14,906 ✭✭✭✭CJhaughey

Crutchlow's eyes say a lot.

• Registered Users Posts: 695 ✭✭✭Magown3

CJhaughey wrote: »
    Crutchlow's eyes say a lot.

He's probably looking at the sector times for the Dukes, ha!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,855 ✭✭✭Grim.

Great result for Laverty in Q1, unlucky to miss out on 12th by just over a tenth though

• Registered Users Posts: 695 ✭✭✭Magown3

What is Cal Crutchlows problem?

On the bike he's waving about at other riders, then when in the pits he's giving a big thumbs down sign! Wtf?

Honda surely wouldn't be impressed by this?

Shut the f*ck up an get on with your ****.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,906 ✭✭✭✭CJhaughey

Magown3 wrote: »

On the bike he's waving about at other riders, then when in the pits he's giving a big thumbs down sign! Wtf?

Well, he either starts getting on or nearer the podium than 7th on a factory Honda or he will be looking for another ride next year.
    FFS Bradley Smith on last years Yamaha beat him in Texas.
    Hardly the mark of a champion is it?

Magown3 wrote: »

Cal wears his heart on his sleeve, in his post qualifying interview he said that he messed up one lap and Jorge baulked him on another, Cal reckoned without his error he would have been 2nd.knows he can do better and wants to do better ! Hope he gets a podium soon.

I think the camera switching between riders made Cal look worse, I was watching on the app, all it showed was him going into the first corner waving his arm around, there was no one else even near him at the time, the commentators we're wondering what he was doing!
    Was there an incident with Lorenzo?

• Registered Users Posts: 30,027 ✭✭✭✭Ghost Train

Well that was a little silly, glad he only took himself out of race

amazing race even with that incident

Yessss! Gwan the Doctor.

I'm delighted for Marquez too, the dirty little b@stard. He knew what he was doing.

giMKxuB.gif

• Advertisement

I nearly had a heart attack watching that, I thought Marquez would fight but I didn't expect that to happen!

Advertisement