Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

MotoGP 2015 News & Chat

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,774 ✭✭✭Bohrio

Gintonious wrote: »
    Lorenzo on Spanish TV after the race.

So there you have it.

Saying that Lorenzo didnt deserve it much as I hate him is not fair

Now, I think Rossi brought this on himself with all his accusations etc. I dont know what I would have done in his place, Marquez even got beaten up but Italian journalist at his house a couple of weeks ago.

And before their incident and before the whole thing started remember that Marquez overtook Lorenzo on the last lap of the Australian GP... thats didnt help Lorenzo with his Championship... if they were teamed up he would have never done this.

It is a shame seeing Rossi like this, saying things like this years championship is not a real championship etc. Focusing on Marquez like he has been doing for the last 3 weeks instead of focusing on the race. Exactly as his incident with Marquez a couple of weeks ago where his focus was on him instead of the race. Keeps complaining about Marquez not trying to overtake Lorenzo and forgets to mention how Petrucci and Dovizioso let him pass...

But people see what they want to see.

Can't wait for next season... years ago Rossi didnt need to build all this spectacle to get attention, he was simply a God, but he knows he is not what he use to be (which is obvious he is 35). he needs to rethink his strategy for next year.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,467 ✭✭✭h3000

Scotty # wrote: »
    They know exactly how many subscriptions they've sold. They should make sure they have the infrastructure in place to handle them.
    In general they should but I think a huge amount of people bought a one race pass for Valencia in the last few days, there was a lot of people watching this weekend who normally don't.

0118 999 881 999 119 725 3

• Registered Users Posts: 3,767 ✭✭✭Scotty #

OR...1st loser medal...........:)

At the end of the day Rossi showed his true colours in Sepang, his "win or die trying" attitude throughout his career was always there waiting to air its ugly head....its probably the reason MM admired and emulates him .
    But for all his experiance he couldnt help himself and messed up surely his last chance of a world championship..

That's just it though. We've watched MM risking it all for the win so many times before, it's what makes him so exciting to watch, but yesterday he didn't try once, not once, in the whole race! I watched the last 5 or 6 laps from the heli cam and it was like someone else was on his bike.

I reckon by the time MM's career is finished, this seasons antics will have cost him many millions in lost sponsorship and fan merchandise. Dani Pedrosa on the other hand, I think has earned a lot of new fans with his attitude and comments over the last couple of weeks. It was interesting actually yesterday that he was the only one of the three on the podium who's name the crowd were chanting. The other two were booed.

Watched all the races on CRICFREE...didnt freeze for more than a couple of seconds a few times...ok it wasnt HD but it cost me nothing ..
    But if we all did that there would be no MotoGP.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,411 ✭✭✭Harika

Scotty # wrote: »
    But if we all did that there would be no MotoGP.

Nah there is still ad/other financed versions all over the world. Germany had Sport1, Eurosport Austria has Sport+ and so on. Ireland and UK are one of the examples where you have to pay to see advertisement. So I doubt that if everyone would avoid paytv we would see MotoGP disappearing, but what we would see would be a down scaling of it, as with less TV money there is less money to spend by the teams. FIM has here already taken good measures in place to reduce costs further, so I wouldn't worry about that.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,723 ✭✭✭Arne_Saknussem

Bohrio wrote: »
    Saying that Lorenzo didnt deserve it much as I hate him is not fair

Now, I think Rossi brought this on himself with all his accusations etc. I dont know what I would have done in his place, Marquez even got beaten up but Italian journalist at his house a couple of weeks ago.

And before their incident and before the whole thing started remember that Marquez overtook Lorenzo on the last lap of the Australian GP... thats didnt help Lorenzo with his Championship... if they were teamed up he would have never done this.

It is a shame seeing Rossi like this, saying things like this years championship is not a real championship etc. Focusing on Marquez like he has been doing for the last 3 weeks instead of focusing on the race. Exactly as his incident with Marquez a couple of weeks ago where his focus was on him instead of the race. Keeps complaining about Marquez not trying to overtake Lorenzo and forgets to mention how Petrucci and Dovizioso let him pass...

But people see what they want to see.

Can't wait for next season... years ago Rossi didnt need to build all this spectacle to get attention, he was simply a God, but he knows he is not what he use to be (which is obvious he is 35). he needs to rethink his strategy for next year.

Bull****. 2 Italian members of a satire show showed up at Marquez's place with a 'trophy' in the shape of a giant cock for him. It was the Marquez's who got physical and took the camera, smashed it and robbed the tape.

They didn't realise that there was a memory card still in it for audio though when they gave the camera back in pieces. They weren't beaten up at all, that was spin.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,301 ✭✭✭✭Frank Bullitt

Bull****. 2 Italian members of a satire show showed up at Marquez's place with a 'trophy' in the shape of a giant cock for him. It was the Marquez's who got physical and took the camera, smashed it and robbed the tape.

They didn't realise that there was a memory card still in it for audio though when they gave the camera back in pieces. They weren't beaten up at all, that was spin.

Im sorry, but that is brilliant.

Im sorry, but that is brilliant.

Yep, i thought the same :D

• Registered Users Posts: 879 ✭✭✭gibbon75

I just hope that the new Michelin tyres won't suit Lorenzo's stupid 250cc riding style.
    I think Dani will be a monster next year on those tyres and I hope he'll put MM to his place.

But we will know more tomorrow evening...

What's happening tomorrow evening?

• Advertisement

What is the characteristics then of the new rubber?

• Site Banned Posts: 1,765 ✭✭✭Pugzilla

What's happening tomorrow evening?

Testing begins

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,221 ✭✭✭pablo128

What is the characteristics then of the new rubber?

Apparently the opposite of the Bridgestone. The Michelin has great rear grip but not so good front grip. Having said that, they were tested on 2015 bikes. Obviously next years bikes will be tweaked to suit.

pablo128 wrote: »
    Apparently the opposite of the Bridgestone. The Michelin has great rear grip but not so good front grip. Having said that, they were tested on 2015 bikes. Obviously next years bikes will be tweaked to suit.

Interesting, I guess its all new territory for the riders.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,221 ✭✭✭pablo128

Interesting, I guess its all new territory for the riders.

One thing I'm not sure of, is if the 2016 bikes are being tested tomorrow too. Does anyone know?

One thing I'm not sure of, is if the 2016 bikes are being tested tomorrow too. Does anyone know?

Haven't heard either way but it would be very soon to have the 2016 bike up and running this early no? Especially with the new software rules etc that are coming in for next year?

• Registered Users Posts: 34,103 ✭✭✭✭Hotblack Desiato

Poor qualifying hurt Rossi this season badly. He was usually much further down the grid than his race pace would indicate. If he can make the Michelins work for him in qualifying then he has a chance next year. I wouldn't mind if Dani won a title though... he's had awful luck with injuries and getting caught up in other riders' accidents during his career.

Fingal County Council are certainly not competent to be making decisions about the most important piece of infrastructure on the island. They need to stick to badly designed cycle lanes and deciding on whether Mrs Murphy can have her kitchen extension.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,411 ✭✭✭Harika

Don't know about the 2016 machines, but I guess it will be hybrid machines, but more importantly they will test the new tires from Michelin. Until now they used Pirelli.

Most seem to be testing the tyres on 2015 bikes to get a back to back comparison. Maybe they will throw the 16 bikes for a few laps tomorrow though.

I think Suzuki, Ducati and Aprillia only have the 15 bikes with them. Not too sure about the others yet.

Yamaha have said they started testing with Sunday's race bikes and will switch to the 2016 bikes later in the test.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,906 ✭✭✭✭CJhaughey

Harika wrote: »
    Don't know about the 2016 machines, but I guess it will be hybrid machines, but more importantly they will test the new tires from Michelin. Until now they used Pirelli.
    Pirelli are WSBK/BSB spec tyres, Bridgestone was the MotoGP Spec tyre.

• Registered Users Posts: 564 ✭✭✭DaveD

It seems there's been quite a few front end crashes today. Miller, Rabat, Iannone, both Espargaros, Crutchlow, Laverty, Bradl, Marquez & Vinales have apparently all crashed.

This is a good site to keeep up to date with the testing... testing times are there too.

https://motomatters.com/

Marquez crashed on his second lap. Long may it continue.

Rabat done 84 laps today. The man is a machine.

The new Hondas and Yamahas got their runs in today. I am not sure if they are running 2016 software yet.

Feedback so far was the rear has lots of grip but the fronts, at least today, were slipping.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,906 ✭✭✭✭CJhaughey

h3000 wrote: »
    Rabat done 84 laps today. The man is a machine.
    He is fast but I don't think he has the ultimate speed necessary on Moto2 machines, how he fares on the 1000's may be different.

CJhaughey wrote: »
    He is fast but I don't think he has the ultimate speed necessary on Moto2 machines, how he fares on the 1000's may be different.

It's hard to know how well he will do alright. I hope he will be fast.

DaveD wrote: »
    It seems there's been quite a few front end crashes today...

Most started today on the 2015 bike with a Michelin front. If they only change one thing at a time it's easier to see what's working and what's not. Lots of falls but to know where the limit is, you have to cross it.

• Advertisement

Apparently so far the rear grip is better and the front worse. I'd imagine it will all have changed by Qatar too.

Advertisement