Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

100 Bets to Broke Hennessy to Cheltenham

Options
167891012»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,473 ✭✭✭longshotvalue

Just realised there will be 1 final bet on this tread for the year.

Who can guess the bet.. Anyone following for a while will know for sure..

Roll on Saturday:D

• Registered Users Posts: 4,224 ✭✭✭jimjamcos

aidankkk wrote: »

Haha 2nd and 1st last two years. Gotta love repeat offenders, especially at 33/1! Haven't looked at the race, but are you very strong on him? Would you back him now?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,340 ✭✭✭sdoc13

I was thinking the other day that this race must be soon and that I would back him if ground good. Hope the ground comes up in his favour and he is a cert to place at least.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 913 ✭✭✭tomaussie

Not far from the course. Been raining a good bit today.

Tomorrow looks fairly dry but Friday afternoon through to Saturday afternoon looks like pretty persistent rain. I'd be shocked if it was any better than good to soft.

jimjamcos wrote: »
    Haha 2nd and 1st last two years. Gotta love repeat offenders, especially at 33/1! Haven't looked at the race, but are you very strong on him? Would you back him now?

I'm not that strong on him this year, but it wont matter ill have to select him just in case, and once there is any good in the ground description he is sure to be in top nick for this . That flat run was surly only because he was a bit short of fitness..

I'm tempted by the 33/1 there now, but ill wait until NRNB and bang in a EW bet..

The tv would be in serious trouble if i watched him win this and i hadn't put him up..

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 449 ✭✭Pinesky

Forecast ground is good to soft. i know he's best on quick ground but it was officially soft last year when second.

Pinesky wrote: »
    Forecast ground is good to soft. i know he's best on quick ground but it was officially soft last year when second.

Good-Soft and hes no 33/1 shot, but id advise betting as soon as NRNB is available as there is no chance he goes of at a huge price.

Anyway maybe its too much to ask for 3 good runs in a row in that race.. Ill be roaring him on anyway..

• Registered Users Posts: 8,036 ✭✭✭Guffy

Good-Soft and hes no 33/1 shot, but id advise betting as soon as NRNB is available as there is no chance he goes of at a huge price.

Anyway maybe its too much to ask for 3 good runs in a row in that race.. Ill be roaring him on anyway..

So what's the name or race?

gufc21 wrote: »
    So what's the name or race?

Sorry Barizan in the Swinton on Saturday. He was my most confident selection ever 2 years ago in this at 20/1, and was second last year.

Time to put it up for value there now.

1 Point EW 33/1 Paddy Power Barizan Haydock Swinton Hurdle Antepost

Its being backed in other bookies, so this price wont last.

Wont this 2 years ago and was second last year, once the ground isnt a bog he'll have a great chance.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 367 ✭✭Niallers87

Would i be able to get that ante post price in the shops?

Niallers87 wrote: »
    Would i be able to get that ante post price in the shops?

yep ive just been, but i would think that price isnt going to last very long

• Registered Users Posts: 14,020 ✭✭✭✭retalivity

into 20/1 with PP now

• Registered Users Posts: 471 ✭✭magicmoves

25-1 with betfair

• Registered Users Posts: 14,822 ✭✭✭✭ShaneU

I thought it was Pastoral Player in the Victoria Cup you were hinting at!:D Backed Barizan 2 years ago thanks to Aidan, no problem backing it again

ShaneU wrote: »
    I thought it was Pastoral Player in the Victoria Cup you were hinting at!:D Backed Barizan 2 years ago thanks to Aidan, no problem backing it again

Well i did that double 2 years ago with Barizan 20/1 and Excellent Guest 25/1 and ill be going for the exact same double again with the same horses, ill probably be adding pastoral player as well but not sure yet..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 349 ✭✭shy-tall-knight

Excellent Guest has not been declared for Saturday nor is Rebellious Guest, Margasson relying solely on Shyron.

• Registered Users Posts: 112 ✭✭green n gold

Hi, just went on live chat with Bet365 asking when NRNB would apply to the Swinton Hurdle, was told not yet and when pressed him would it become active at final decs stage at lunchtime, his not too well informed advice would be that it would not be in until an active Saturday market was formed. Surely NRNB would be in for a race like this sooner ?

Soft Ground at Haydock doesn't bode well for Barizan.. :(

Haydock 1:45

I’ve convinced myself that Pearl Swan could well get back to form in this race. I selected him at the Festival and he ran a great race at a huge price, but was poor at Aintree after. I’m hopeful that the step up in trip will suit and I’m fairly sure that Paul Nichols would have put him away for the season if he didn’t feel there was a better performance in him
    1 Point win 9/1 Various

• Registered Users Posts: 2,443 ✭✭✭jobeenfitz

Soft Ground at Haydock doesn't bode well for Barizan.. :(

Haydock 1:45

I’ve convinced myself that Pearl Swan could well get back to form in this race. I selected him at the Festival and he ran a great race at a huge price, but was poor at Aintree after. I’m hopeful that the step up in trip will suit and I’m fairly sure that Paul Nichols would have put him away for the season if he didn’t feel there was a better performance in him
    1 Point win 9/1 Various

This is 8's with PP, money back as a free bet on singles if finishing 2nd or 3rd. Online bets.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,822 ✭✭✭✭ShaneU

Barizan 2nd, just found one too good

Fair play to barizan there, nothing went right for him and he still finished 2nd... :D

• Registered Users Posts: 4,224 ✭✭✭jimjamcos

Jesus he's one gutsy animal, Aidan. Already looking forward to this day next year! Ha

• Registered Users Posts: 796 ✭✭✭jcon1913

Are the results for the season posted anywhere?

jcon1913 wrote: »
    Are the results for the season posted anywhere?

I have my own website and the results are posted there longshotvalue.com . But ill be posting the result of this tread here shortly.

This tread ended with 147 Point Profit from 161 Bets.

Winners were (placed horses not included)

Starluck 7/1
    Rock on Ruby 13/8
    Twinlight 25/1
    Ruacana 8/1
    Rock on Ruby 3/1
    Fishing Bridge 16/1
    Blood Cotil 100/30
    Royal Guardsman 14/1
    Wayward Prince’s 40/1
    Next Sensation 16/1
    Peace and Co 4/1
    Wicklow Brave 33/1