Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

project 40/41

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,359 ✭✭✭peter kern

MojoMaker wrote: »
    As a matter of interest why didn't you both go for DCT as a training session / marker race etc? I'm guessing this was a last minute entry kinda thing?

it was a last minute thing but also while i personally do not have a problem to swim in the liffey I dodnt have to do it the week before an A race, if i do a d race . also i would not have raced in those weather conditons the week before an A race ( so in a way i got lucky there).
    its about risk managment
    besides i also like to support flexible races. and 40 euro is very good value for an oly race ( especially since i really dont need a branded bag ;-)
    i only decided friday night that I thought the body was in ok shape ( thursday s run session really hurt me and i needed to be sure to have recovered form it and it was a close call)

but yes it would have been smarter to meet zico at sat 7 am and do a good swim bike run brick, starting in greystones. given there was no swimmer I could work off

• Registered Users Posts: 1,839 ✭✭✭zico10

peter kern wrote: »
    but yes it would have been smarter to meet zico at sat 7 am and do a good swim bike run brick, starting in greystones. given there was no swimmer I could work off

You could have suggested that to me instead Peter and I might have considered it. On the topic of swim, bike, run bricks; I'm planning a 3.8k swim (probably the NAC), 180km tt on the N11, followed by a 14km run @ PMP on Saturday September 5th. Giving you the heads up, if you want any part of it.

race report zell am see

unless something special happens in barcelona its now project 42.

race

approx 1500 m of good swimming (slowed down too much after 40 m and woke up at 400)

and 1hour of good cycling

result

clear fail.
    it does not suffice for a good race . i know i was better than it looks like and there was some things i liked , but still with no race in 2015 to back this up ... the reality is not a single decent race...
    at the same time I know what i did in the last 8 weeks and that was good and while i think this will do me well for halfs next year it wont be enough for hawaii.

back to race

I fell going uphill at an aidstation dealing with a water bottle - a feak mistake i have never done before and iam pretty sure will never happen again...not a big problem in itself as iam pretty sure i was back on the bike within a minute and then another 25 sec stop later to adjust rear wheel , but enough to cause some issues afterwards ( many of them due due the fact that by trying to save 20 sec in not putting on a 2nd water bottle I lost a lot more since the one i had half broke in the fall and then later on, came of completely
    at this stage the race was over.

positive
    - i finsihed and i was in peace with myself after the race as I kept going even after i knew it was game over
    -kept calm after fall did not give up after i cramped on the bike in the downhill after the fall.
    -I paced well on the bike.
    -worked well in the swim clawing time back not drafting
    i am still more pissed of aobut the swim blunder than the fall
    -first race without any backproblem of the bike
    - I camped at a fantastic place being away from all the hustle while being close to the race start.
    I was much calmer than before sant polten ( see bad)
    -drank well during the run

bad
    -not quite in the zone ( also positive as the plan was to be focusing on the 2nd half but also part of the slow start as i was not sharp enough at start)
    -did not swim immediatley pre race which was a mistake.
    -committed the worst mistake one can make to not stop for lost bottle after already having lost one ( it was close to 7 hours after the race until I peed and not once during the race )
    -pre race massage too late and should have left ireland 1 day -earlier ( both little factors but and i was aware of that and that was how the dice roled

was i competitive ?

hard to say and i keep the time i think i could have done to myslef .

our age group swam slowish ( which makes my swim mistake even worse) and in times my swim was 40 -60 sec to slow (am sure i had them but on race day there is only one thing that counts ... and i did not perform
    at the same time I felt really great swimmining the 2 days before the race and was very confident about the swim

on the bike pure speculation but the guys i was with in the climb did 2.22 and i am fairly sure i was holding back nicely at the climb
    so all i can say I think until then i did well raced within myself.

-I cycled with a 4.33 IM cyclist on friday and I was pleased how that went ( it was not a fast session in fact more a talking session but still it went well)

the run i have not done a single proper run of the bike and so the fact that i run well in training means nothing and to be fair the run did not feel great ( it never does before a race anyways ) but i guess the problem i had after the fall could come at least partly from the fact that there was a small issue before the race and I will defo modify the tue run session. at the same time given how dehydrated i was there was no way i could have run anyway.

the end of the storry is that i have tightened my criteria what i would need to do in barcelona had i raced well last weeekend i would not have cared much for the barecleona result but i would not want to spend the 700 or so euro on a kona slot without a good race
    sub 8.50 h ( depending on weather conditons )is my hawaii qualy norm ,

i do not expect this to happen but id rather wait 1 more year to go to hawaii .I have improved quite a bit this year have been close to injury free since july ( which is really great as running form october till june was often agony or at least very unplesant.

unfortunatley the black and white speaks very clear... no real good performance this year ... and if i cant perform in a half i wont perform in a full. not a big suprise but i am a bit behind scedule where i wanted to be at this stage.
    at the same time iam confident to enter t2 in 5.40h in barcelona.
    but also know that under normal circumstances at this stage the max would be a 3,15h run

its such a clown circus and all the people ( walking) pushing up their 6000 euro plus bikes at a world champ did really not much to reduce the IM bs factor. but the race itself was class
    ( it will have to be draft legal one day they had top draft marshalls there but 20 % of what would be required to have a fair race)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,377 Mod ✭✭✭✭pgibbo

I have to say I love the honesty and candid nature of your posts and reports Peter. it's very refreshing.

Sorry to hear things didn't go well. Onwards and upwards. No doubt the habits from this year and the lessons learned will really stand to you for next year.

All the best in the lead up to Barcelona.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,583 ✭✭✭✭tunney

pgibbo wrote: »
    I have to say I love the honesty and candid nature of your posts and reports Peter. it's very refreshing.

Sorry to hear things didn't go well. Onwards and upwards. No doubt the habits from this year and the lessons learned will really stand to you for next year.

All the best in the lead up to Barcelona.

Hard luck better, I'm sure you'll continue on the road you are on and that things will work out for you.

• Advertisement

tunney wrote: »
    Hard luck better, I'm sure you'll continue on the road you are on and that things will work out for you.

stupitity or not being enough on the ball is the better description ;-0

hard luck would be if you use a gp4000 tyre that is new, mounted correctly pumped up to the right tryre pressure, rim tape correctly fitted , break blocks rightly adjusted and you look at the road to avoid debris as much as you can and then you get a blow out...
    in 80 % of cases when people puncture or get a blow out one of the above points were not correct, so its not hard luck.

preperation to fail i call this. or if you are aware of it , risk management. ( i dodnt use a gp4000s ;-)

like my 1 bottle cage choice is high risk and i paid the price for it
    it was a clear mistake, I know why i did it as I was worried to lose too much time in the first climb and did not want to carry extra weight and there was 4 aid stations, but in hindsight i should have a 2nd bottle cage mounted. ( it wasnt the first time I lost a bottle in my case there was a 7 year gap but i had enough clients that lose bottles and i would have given out to them if they have no back up ;-0 )

the decision making process in races AND training and being focused at all times in races is very important.
    and i failled in this in training at the end of april this year and in races i got it wrong at lough cultra tri an mhi and this is just not good enough.
    and this is why the likes of frodeno kienle gomez ryf and in my mind especialy carfree ( who races her own race in kona ) are top atheltes they hardly ever make wrong decisons in races.in ireland that would be trevor woods

( well frodeno did last year with his tyres but he seems to have changed that in 2015 )

part of it is a process to make good decions in races i need to get back, and in hinsight I should have done more competetive races like triathy and kilkee even they did not suit the scedule this year as races like belfast caroline kearney and muckno tri did nothing in that department. as there was no pressure.

I hear many people giving out about the cat 1 sereis and while i did not do one this year I do think they are a good pre step to prepare you for more competetive racing abroad and its good long term thinking.

people complain its all about juniors when icleand has just shown us that when its all aoubt juniors and a good coaching structrue a nation with 300 000 people can qualifiy for the europeans ( and they have shown it before in handball)
    norway showes it right now in triathlon and i think we will see quite a few athletes from that country in the next 5 - 10 year in tri.
    we already see them in the juniors.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,583 ✭✭✭✭tunney

stupitity or not being enough on the ball is the better description ;-0

hard luck would be if you use a gp4000 tyre that is new, mounted correctly pumped up to the right tryre pressure, rim tape correctly fitted , break blocks rightly adjusted and you look at the road to avoid debris as much as you can and then you get a blow out...
    in 80 % of cases when people puncture or get a blow out one of the above points were not correct, so its not hard luck.

I was trying to be nice. I typed "hard luck" but I thought "fvcking idiot" :)
    Race execution is just as important as the training.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,454 ✭✭✭hf4z6sqo7vjngi

Good to see no bullsh1t excuses and an honest assessment. Its the only way a person can improve when they are honest with themselves and not blowing sunshine up their own ar$e, a good trait to have.
    unless something special happens in barcelona its now project 42.

at the same time iam confident to enter t2 in 5.40h in barcelona.
    but also know that under normal circumstances at this stage the max would be a 3,15h run

However I would not be writing off a good performance in Barcelona just yet. I would have said best case there is a possibility of a 53 swim, 2min T1 (it can be quick) and a 4.40 bike, bike is super fast and roads roll lovely. Leaving you at 5.35 entering T2. You should be capable of a 3.10 run, no?

i see it like this first its about getting back into training
    shoulder was good for 80% swim on wed
    and hip is also getting better.
    if i do the best in every session the rest will take care of itself ( and as it happened i did my first good long run this year today)
    but its really my first ironman and it never hurts to ad 20 min to what you think you can do. and honestly the goal for this year is a to enter t2 sub 5.40 ( wind normalized) with a well paced bike I would be happy with that.

However I would not be writing off a good performance in Barcelona just yet. I would have said best case there is a possibility of a 53 swim, 2min T1 (it can be quick) and a 4.40 bike, bike is super fast and roads roll lovely. Leaving you at 5.35 entering T2. You should be capable of a 3.10 run, no?[/QUOTE]

to sum the last week up my highlight was this morning trying to see how much water i could get trapped in my swim cap using various techniques;-)
    but that level of swim focus is fine my swim work is done for the year bear 2 more 3.8k swims and hopefully two swims with tango the rest just fluffing around and keep the feeling for the water.

set a new 3.8k pb on sat in a 110 euro "entry level" wetsuit . was more than suprised about this as i seriously overheated ( of course that is the reason why a 110 euro wetsuit is fast it lets absoultely no water in, and is the best fitting suit i have ever worn.
    just to impress tango that i can count further than 100 m some splits
    400 5.20 1500 2050 1900 26.30 overall 54.32.
    after 1 k i pulled the neck of the suit every 100 to let a bit water in ( once i almost drowned as i let too much in ;-) i guess the only thing that keept me going after 2.4 k was that i was ahead of scedule.

bike was a not so great last week espcially when i was passed by a 65 year old guy during my planned 180k tt . but not worried too much aobut that as i still have not recovered from the austria bike.
    ( the only issue is that i really have no long bike rides done and thats the only thing i need but there is plenty of time ;-)

run quite decent last week and my best long run last week and the first long run I took more than 24 hours to recover from ( again they are my only goal runs right now every 5 days)

admitingly the brain has not been right since austria but its not an issue i really only need 2 long bikes and 2 long runs and iam sure i get those done . 10 month of solid training value more thant 2 not so great weeks.
    In my mind iam already preparing to crack the half im distance code next year. they have a very clear victory over me and that dosnt sit well with me.

• Advertisement

Barcelona IM reflection

I don't go to race expos avoid triathlete at race week as I can't deal well with the pre race BS, I guess like everybody that has done a few races.

At the same time . I also oversaw the ironman finish transition from my campsite. I have to say they prepare very thoroghly and there is a lot more time invloved than I would have thought. I have to say was amazed how much time they spend into sound check
    And light effects checks.
    Etc
    I don't care for that stuff but still I respect the effort they put in.
    I would prefer they put more effort in the after race food:) ( which was the 2 nd worst after dublin and only zell am see is what I would call adequate for the entrance fees charged.
    I mean apart from zell am see you get better food at Some Irish races that charge a fraction of re price .

Anyway
    I could not be bothered to prepare for the race on sat Saturday .I was much more interested at the swim camps I could watch from my campsite overlooking a 50 m pool with swim clubs from all over Europe And relax,but as soon as I entered transition sat evening the switch turned. Here I was... last year I did not want to do an half ironman and here I was reasonably prepared for a full one ... My second over 160 bike ride was on race Monday with 190 k from narbonne to girona and my first one the week before:) like wise the first 2 runs over 30 k happened in the last 2 weeks before the race )
    At the same time I had almost 1 year of solid training under my belt and Mondays long ride was one of the most enjoyable training sessions of the year .

I had too choices go for the swim or wait until 6 or so minutes after the start and then come out with the 58- 60 min group and go for a group ride. I chose to go for the race and likely giving up 10min of time.
    A clear mistake..
    At the same time I guess I feel better about myself and learned more about stuff I need to work on .

There was only 2 interesting things in the race and one before the race . The rest is was a typical race nothing to write home nothing really bad .
    It was what I would call and solid race day.

race morning when I pumped up the front tire the valve blow.( apart from the fact that I had to replace a latex tube with a normal tube no issue and good for some much needed adrenaline )

I forgot my race number in the t1 bag and had to get back for it ,being almost at the exit and lost a bit focus
    And did not eat enough in the first hour on the bike as a consequence.
    I did not deal well with that mishap
    And the more I think about it the more I get annoyed about it

after 145 -150 k on the bike the race became easier ... I was still racing mostly fair but it was like a different race in a group of 10 . Before that it was me ,an super positive 48 year old lady ,that also weighs 48 kg -I guess -and a lot of time a draft Marshall that was responsible for the top 5 females .
    I guess his job was to deal with pros but he did a very poor job when the group formed after 145k he saw one guy very clearly drafting twice and gave not even a stop an go penalty.
    at the same time why should this guy get a penalty if there is a pack of 60 ish guys behind in a group spin ? So maybe it was fair marshelling??????

Anyway To sum it up as I said a solid day .

Swim 7 out of 10 maybe my easiest swim for the last2 k ever
    Bike 7 out of 10 There is still a lot missing for going faster but solid at 4.40 pace.
    Run 7 out of 10 almost an 8 as I finally seem to work out to break the run down in little segments and while there is a lot of work to do on the bike the run was not bad on Sunday .
    Nutrition 8.9 out of 10 timming a bit off ( to little in fist 50 k but overall calorie intake v good on the bike and the increase in carbs worked well.
    Satisfaction 7 .8 out of 10 not good enough to be happy not bad enough to be frustrated

Yes I failed every goal I had set last year apart from the min goal of sub 9 but it's the first race this year I am ok with and that's a fair end of the season
    ( well we will see as I would be interested doing another full or half or maybe dub marathon.as after 2 weeks holidays I am refreshed again.
    Edit .Looked into it and it's not going to happen as there seems only 1 left this year and it would be to dear . So maybe dublin marathon as a C race

I guess I have some 30 messages now asking why I did not take the Hawaii slot I had already decided after 90 k on the bike to wait another year as this was not good enough .

I have a good bit to improve before I want to go to Hawaii. it's a patience game unfortunately ( but since I started with project kona I rather make it project 42 )
    one of my goals is a sub3 marathon and while this might never happen it certainly is nowhere near to happen in2016.
    It will take time
    and I prefer to iron those issues out
    That bothered me more than I would have thought .to be honest

yes sub 9 for what in a way was my first ironman is not bad at all after a good break and I take a good few positive things away. some stuff I did in the last 3 month had the desired effect and i think Iam finally on track again .and I did built a very good base this year I can built on

It was an interesting 12 month ( I have no idea but I guess it's close to12 month I decided to train again)
    I know that I was closer to achieve my goals than it looks like but at the end the black and white is the only thing that counts and I have to make sure next year I bring it down on paper.

Big thanks to my motivation master Gordo
    also toJoe lynch who had me smiling for 2 weeks before the race after a short" joe lynch message "
    And mr frommage An75 year old or so town planner that had worked around the globe .who I met in carcassone 2 weeks ago and was hands down one of the most impressive people I have met in a long time
    And of course Momo

For all those people that now think Barcelona is so fast . Had the race been on Wednesday it would have been brutal had it been on Monday it would have been a good bit slower
    Its certainly a fast course and no real hill to break up packs. But I guess since the distances seem to be more accurate it's no real faster than Roth or Austria which are both short .If you take an average over the last 5 years
    It was a fast day at the same time joyce Wolf came nowhere near her pb in the two Barcelona races she did a few years ago .

Where to go now?
    it's never the best time to think about that so close after an ironman
    Triathlon is only my 2 nd love after traveling at the same time the window to achieve my goal in tri is closing now and its defo now or never...
    I had enough time over the last 3 month to deal with the fact that it looks like Hawaii 2017 and in the bigger picture one more year is not much .( and of course 1 year is also v long but I did enjoy 70% of my training )

I am thinking embrunman next year and Hardman
    And another iron distance race close to Barcelona or podersdorf or cologne
    And then an Hawaii qualifier end of the year or lanzarotte.

I guess apart for the next 3 month where I will go back to the basics to get back some flexibility which i bellow par and strenght I won't change much next year apart from racing kilkee and the lost sheep

Iam a bit over blogged ( I am suprised I lasted that long)
    And I better focus on getting 20 min faster than blogging.

On another note barcelona used to be one of my favorite cities but seems to turn into the rip of capital in Europe

Ps respect to the fingal guy I lapped towards the end on the bike and told him " race with passion "( as it says on their suit)
    he then sprinted past the group and dropped us . Pure class . And this showes how many easy excuses we make when we say we can't break a group that guy showed it and he was being lapped ... Was it smart I don't know but still my respect .
    I d love to know how he got on .

not much to say at the moment
    iam tryin to keep fit ( and even lost 700grams ofweight last week ;) but i guess if there is a good time to reflect it is right now.
    i have 0 motivation for speed right now.

anyway this is some good stuff bellow
    http://joelfilliol.com/podcast/
    there is some gold nuggets in those 3 podcasts.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,579 ✭✭✭MojoMaker

700g - I think I added that since lunchtime :)

reality check back with darren in the pool
    since darren repalced swimining with strenght work for swimmer in the last 3 weeks ;-) he asked me to lead out
    after 3 x200 i feel like fainting after the 4th darren smiles at me and says i dont look good after 5x200 iam finished and we talk
    after another 3x200 padles darren leading this time we talk again . we talk bikes with and when darren left gordo says "peter the next time when you talk about bikes like most lazy fat 40 something guys do in the pool , at least pull in your stomach in as you looked realy fat.
    busted in so many ways.
    and no better motivational talk than this
    i swam another1k

anyway good session and somehow despite feeling awful i enjoyed the 5x200s
    was the first time since barcelona i swam 100s faster than 1.30.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,454 ✭✭✭hf4z6sqo7vjngi

What days and times are you and Darren swimming? One of my guys would be similar in terms of swim ability to both of you (low 52 IM) and it would be good for him to join in for some group swims.

What days and times are you and Darren swimming? One of my guys would be similar in terms of swim ability to both of you (low 52 IM) and it would be good for him to join in for some group swims.

friday7. 15 am rathmines , lane is busy, i hear the god of the stars( a forum member with a blog containing those words ) is also comming next week .

jingle bellls "race" report

the gun goes off, I run effortless passing people continiously, after 1 k i was in 5th postion and i felt like there is nothing nicer in the world than running , I pushed it bit more runing effortless like a gazelle.
    Just before I pass the leader I am woken up by the wind an rain...
    Maybe i should not have watched this haile gebreselasie docomentary last night.
    Anyway needless to say i did not want to leave the house and answered as many emails as possible until i really had to go.
    the only upside , the wind wasnt as strong as last week when i left the house and broke my rear derailer i had just fixed ( well i thought i had fixed it )in a gust of wind, consequently, missing what was meant to be a warm up 5 k race for today.

I was hidding as long as possible in the club house enjoying a few slices of their nice fruit cake and then we run up to the start.
    the plan was to use the tail wind as much as i could and this worked quite well and after a slow start after 800 or so meters i cought up with the 2nd lead group ....then we turned around and very quickly i was spit out from there.
    so while i enjoed the first 2.45 min it took another 15 min until I was happy again an that was when i reached the finishe line. I am sure i was one of the happiest people after i crossed the finish line so happy that it ws over

the only splits i rember are 3.10 for first k ( which was prob 30 m short) 6.45 for 2k and then i never wanted to look at the watch again.

a few times i thought to stop but i knew it was much more my mind that did not want to hurt and my body didnt really know what was going on
    i did not feel as bad as i thought i did .

after 3 k Zico passed me and i was holding on to his group till almost 4 k (3,7 k more relistic ) and then i finally died and i was lucky that the last k was a slight downhill.
    A mentioned before after 30 seconds after i reached the finish i was very happy to have done the race and felt this was actually great to be out there until zico said that he was tired and needs to turn around to finish our cool down.

today increased my sub 4 ks since october by anything between 200 and 500 % and thats a good start , all I need to do is to start to train but I did my first long run last wednesday.
    as usual a brilliantly organiced race and a fun day and i hope enough of a kick into the nether regions to start to proper run now .

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 20,364 Mod ✭✭✭✭RacoonQueen

Weren't looking very fat when I spotted you in clubhouse after the race.

Nasty day for it. Wouldn't have gone out there today myself if I'd been racing!

Weren't looking very fat when I spotted you in clubhouse after the race.

Ah, he had his belly tucked in. :D

I wasn't so much tired Peter, more that I wanted coffee and cake. Also, I knew we were gong to be turning back into a brutal headwind, and seeing as I put 24 seconds into you over the final kilometer of the race, I was worried how you were going to fare on this return leg.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 20,364 Mod ✭✭✭✭RacoonQueen

zico10 wrote: »

I wasn't so much tired Peter, more that I wanted coffee and cake. Also, I knew we were gong to be turning back into a brutal headwind, and seeing as I put 24 seconds into you over the final kilometer of the race, I was worried how you were going to fare on this return leg.

Oh didn't see you. Nice of you to come over and say hello :(

• Advertisement

I had cling foil arond my belly alan

• Registered Users Posts: 4,579 ✭✭✭MojoMaker

You should patent that Peter - I've often wished for a happy medium between two such stalwart household items.

good training active training over x mas few weeks ago i scored a super cheap flight to portugal. no real training but since i was travelling on the bike, had the wetsuit and runners with me , it was great and while the air was just aobut nice , the water was great. most of the time there was surferes around who where great to indicate currents and stuff and i had the pleasure to swim to a few nice islands and saw some of the geourges rock formations from the sea , running in some nature reserves was great and
    the algarve is perfect for camping .
    like with the costa brava the ugly and the stunning can be so close.but there is some fantastic gravel roads at the algarve . Those days i tend to get bored to be on the same roads all the time so going away ( and i spend 10 days at 10 different places) is always a nice. and was a good change to the not really inspired training off the last 8 weeks.

i think i have decedid that i want to try to go for sub 8.30 ( despite knowing it means not much it is still something that intrests me) and if i get 8.35-37 which i think is more realisitc in fair condtions so be it. I dont really think i get the run sub 3.08 this year.
    swim and bike wise iam pretty ok with last year and iam confident to go 4.30- 4.32 ish this year . the run and the weight are the issue currently . the good thing right now the body is pretty pain free unlike last year.
    At the same time I am also ok to do a less serious year and I will play it by the ear what will happen . the overall goal is hawaii 2017 and as long as i improve my running off the bike this year i am not to worried.

the overall goal is hawaii 2017.

Have you given any thought to the qualifying race?

there is 3 ironman distances races i like to do at some stage
    hardman embrunman and lanzarotte
    so lanzarotte looks like the qualyfying race
    if slots for barcelona came up it would obviouly be a good 2nd chance to go fast but i wont do anything in this direction before march
    both options have pros and cons and with lanza being quite early in the season i think it is less as a con than the pro which is that this one race i really want to do.
    barelona dosnt realy fit in my plan as i dodnt really want 3 fulls in 8 weeks at the same time it would also be managable and it would be of course a good back up 2 have a 2nd race to go fast if the first dosnt work out and bin it in the 2nd half of the run.

How would you have three fulls in 8 weeks?

How would you have three fulls in 8 weeks?

by doing the 2 im distance races before barcelona i have planned which are within 8 week before barcelona ( and even there i still have 3 races to choce from first ;-) anyway i dodnt really want think aobut it before march.

apart from changing a password into new a "goal time" nothing special happening here ( but i have to say I started to sweat a bit when i tyed in my new password .i used to have one of my passwords 0859IM and fora few years it reminded me what my goal was 17 years ago. this time I did not use a number just 3 words .

otherwise i am lamenting more than training, but i did 7 hours on the turbo over last 3 days which gets me over 11 hours on the bike last week . slowly getting back into running and adding more intensity and starting to enjoy the running.

only 1,5 swims this week but with one very good swim

writing this down i realice i trained more than i thought last week .

i guess this year i really notcie iam getting older and while my leges are skinnier than they were last year. I have a spare tyre around the belly ( useful for swimming ...) .Anyway last week i did start to get a bit more serious about eating but not going to step on a scale before march.

Have been asked to do a swim clinic in edinburgh this weekend. Looking massively forward as its one of my favorite places i have had the pelasure to live.

• Registered Users Posts: 27 davmurpla

good session in the pool this morning looked lke you were doing 10 x400s i timed one and it was 5.10 for 400 paddle and pb.
    Huge improvement over last week

Coach Gordo

• Advertisement

its about staying positive isnt it ...

Advertisement