Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Independence Day: Resurgence **SPOILERS FROM POST 266 ONWARD**

Options
1789101113»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 214 ✭✭saneman

Thargor wrote: »
    ...and I just had to sit through it again....

bCAWCyo.gif

The only way i'd end up watching it again...

• Registered Users Posts: 626 ✭✭✭Wedwood

As far as schlocky Sci fi B movies go, it wasn't as bad as some made it out to be. It wasn't as good as the first one, but seriously, did you really expect it to be ?

If you're looking for a sci fi movie with 'gravitas' try Arrival of Gravity.

'Resurgence' delivered what most of us expected, I'd imagine it'll be another 20 years before they make the third one though !!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,885 ✭✭✭Optimalprimerib

I don't really understand the praise the original got. I was 12 when it was released and it disappointed me. I tried to like it, but I found it dull.

The sequel, as terrible as it is did not have that much to live up to. It did still fail but that surprised no one.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,930 ✭✭✭✭TerrorFirmer

Wedwood wrote: »
    'Resurgence' delivered what most of us expected, I'd imagine it'll be another 20 years before they make the third one though !!

:confused:

It did badly at the box office, critics hated it, and user response was lukewarm at best.

I don't see how that could be interpreted as the movie that delivered what people wanted or expected.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 35,941 CMod ✭✭✭✭pixelburp

Wedwood wrote: »
    As far as schlocky Sci fi B movies go, it wasn't as bad as some made it out to be. It wasn't as good as the first one, but seriously, did you really expect it to be ?

If you're looking for a sci fi movie with 'gravitas' try Arrival of Gravity.

Nobody in their right mind would expect a sequel to Independence Day to have 'gravitas': but the film had none of the charisma, fun or even decent set-pieces of the first film. Worst film of the year? No, but it was a pretty dull, convoluted film that cynically trying to cash in on the uptick in 90s nostalgia

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 85,105 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Was it ever explained where David's wife was?

The only decent new young character was the McLovin lookalike

Advertisement