Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Game-week 13 Transfers.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,810 ✭✭✭✭jimmii

I've been contemplating similar but I'm a bit wary of losing my only two Southampton players. Tough fixture list yes, but I think it might be premature to get rid of both. Still undecided.

Pelle hasn't been great for the last couple of weeks they aren't going to face teams who just want to defend like Villa did last night but they seem to have gone off the boil just a little.

If you look at GW4-8 vs GW9-12 he is playing a little deeper he is getting on the ball more overall but his involvement in the final third has dropped off. He has less shots, less shots in the box and as has been well documented not a single shot on target in the last 4 weeks which is a big worry for a striker! GW12 he actually played in almost the same position as Rooney. GW12 tadic played a fair bit further up the pitch than Pelle and GW11 he was further up the pitch than him too. I had planned on keeping Pelle and letting Tadic go but having looked into it a little more I think Tadic is the one to keep.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,249 ✭✭✭✭Lemlin

Terry is getting a good chance nearly every game at this stage. I'd love to have 4 Chelsea players Terry fab Haz and costa.

My transfers this week should leave me with 3.1 mil spare if I go for Forster to Green. The plan previously was Baines in but now I'm thinking Moore to Terry and Fab to Hazard next week. That'd leave me with:

Green Elliott
    Terry Naylor Chambers Wisdom Dummett
    Hazard Di Maria Sanchez Siggy Marney
    Austin Costa Aguero

I can see Hazard having a decent game against Spurs at home next Wednesday.

Wow Terry, Hazard, ADM, Sanchez, Costa & Aguero! I wouldn't have even thought that was possible!!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,984 ✭✭✭G1032

Chesty08 wrote: »
    Di Maria to Hazard

Costa to Rooney

I also have Fabregas.

I think this is a great idea!!!

I don't have Costa.

Would Pelle/ADM to Rooney/Hazard be a good idea this week for a minus 8

Don't have Costa as I said, don't particularly want him in my team at the moment but a huge percentage in my PL's own him. I need to have some sort of defence against a Costa haul and maybe Hazard is the answer???

• Registered Users Posts: 11,271 ✭✭✭✭FHFC

jimmii wrote: »
    Wow Terry, Hazard, ADM, Sanchez, Costa & Aguero! I wouldn't have even thought that was possible!!

I'm twisting and turning with my team along not dissimilar lines and am tantalisingly 0.4 short of fitting Terry, Hazard, ADM, Sanchez, Bony, Costa & Aguero.

0.1 short of doing it with Azpil instead of Terry.

Torn between going the Austin route and fitting my Chelsea def without downgrading ADM etc, or going with Bony and leaving Chelsea defence another few weeks.

• Advertisement

FHFC wrote: »
    I'm twisting and turning with my team along not dissimilar lines and am tantalisingly 0.4 short of fitting Terry, Hazard, ADM, Sanchez, Bony, Costa & Aguero.

0.1 short of doing it with Azpil instead of Terry.

Torn between going the Austin route and fitting my Chelsea def without downgrading ADM etc, or going with Bony and leaving Chelsea defence another few weeks.

You could just go with Kane instead of Austin and you'd have a little extra going spare!

You could just go with Kane instead of Austin and you'd have a little extra going spare!

Bony instead of Austin is what I'm trying to fit. I can comfortably fit Terry with Austin.

This is something along the lines of the dream team, which would sacrifice Downing and go with cheaper 4th mid to rotate with the defenders. That could be Lampard instead of Bolasie for Xmas. Could do this over 2 or 3 weeks with 4 transfers.

Only nucleus of a plan, but I think this is a pivotal couple of weeks to adjust my team a bit. Any initial thoughts?

329541.png

It will be interesting to see how Sanchez, ADM & Costa deal with the lack of Christmas break and the fixture congestion might come as bit of a culture shock for them! There's surely only so many years that Terry can keep on playing 2 games a week too he will surely break/need a rest at some point.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,305 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Prodston

I think Jedinak over Bolasie. He's 0.3 cheaper, on many set-pieces and pens and probably more consistent in out put. If Bolasie wins a pen then Jedinak should score it. It's an awful shame that Punchy's gametime is diminished under Warnock

• Registered Users Posts: 6,746 ✭✭✭Swiper the fox

I think Jedinak over Bolasie. He's 0.3 cheaper, on many set-pieces and pens and probably more consistent in out put. If Bolasie wins a pen then Jedinak should score it. It's an awful shame that Punchy's gametime is diminished under Warnock

If Warnoc would make up his mind between Puncheon and Zaha I'd probably get on it, either of them have more potential than any other Palace mids IMO.
    Puncheon in particular, legend from two years ago.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,747 ✭✭✭Ziegler1988

Bony instead of Austin is what I'm trying to fit. I can comfortably fit Terry with Austin.

This is something along the lines of the dream team, which would sacrifice Downing and go with cheaper 4th mid to rotate with the defenders. That could be Lampard instead of Bolasie for Xmas. Could do this over 2 or 3 weeks with 4 transfers.

Only nucleus of a plan, but I think this is a pivotal couple of weeks to adjust my team a bit. Any initial thoughts?

329541.png

I like the look of that team a lot. Only trouble you might run into is if Debuchy displaces Chambers ahead of Christmas. A 5.7m striker instead of Costa and Oscar for Bolasie would get you awfully close to Baines as well :p

That position is very much up for grabs. Jedinak, Brady maybe. A very very cheeky punt on Lampard for the Xmas period (also at 5.4) could possibly Prodston-ise that team a bit more?!?!

I like the look of that team a lot. Only trouble you might run into is if Debuchy displaces Chambers ahead of Christmas. A 5.7m striker instead of Costa and Oscar for Bolasie would get you awfully close to Baines as well :p

Baines is dead to me now. I want attack attack attack.

Costa/Bony could be downgraded to upgrade midfield or defence.

As we get closer to the Jan wildcard the more little punts can be taken at little risk.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,305 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Prodston

That position is very much up for grabs. Jedinak, Brady maybe. A very very cheeky punt on Lampard for the Xmas period (also at 5.4) could possibly Prodston-ise that team a bit more?!?!

Lampard is sketchy at the best of times but over Xmas I dunno now. He'll play a few games for sure but will he play the ones you want him to?

It continues to disgust me with my safe style this year but there you go. I'm due another RVP/Nolan moment myself in the next few GWs :pac:

Lampard is sketchy at the best of times but over Xmas I dunno now. He'll play a few games for sure but will he play the ones you want him to?

It continues to disgust me with my safe style this year but there you go. I'm due another RVP/Nolan moment myself in the next few GWs :pac:

I played safe on Captain this week costing me 9 points. Was seriously considering a -8 for a while but might do -4 and see how it goes, especially as it now looks like Downing will be fit this week.

• Registered Users Posts: 973 ✭✭✭internet_user

clyne/downing/pelle >yun/hazard/austin
    Keeping tadic for now, he's due a few assists/goals even if his fixtures are tough..i hope!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,984 ✭✭✭G1032

Rooney going up tonight. I'm going - 4 to. I've already done Welbeck to Austin.
    Tonight it'll be Pelle to Rooney.
    Later in the week if Hazard is about to rise I'll probably go ADM to Hazard

• Registered Users Posts: 15,263 ✭✭✭✭manual_man

anyone looking forward a bit and trying to have 2 City attackers for the festive period? GW17-20 looks delicious i'm thinking Kun and Silva, tho there's a bit of a cloud over Silva a.t.m. with his injury

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,204 ✭✭✭98q76e12hrflnk

Doing pelle to austin his price will go down tonight

• Registered Users Posts: 11,589 ✭✭✭✭Necronomicon

declan2693 wrote: »
    Doing pelle to austin his price will go down tonight

Between their respective fixtures and the observations made by jimmii above I just did the same. I have another free transfer which I'll weigh up over the next couple of days, now have 2.2 in the bank.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 22,249 ✭✭✭✭Lemlin

It will be interesting to see how Sanchez, ADM & Costa deal with the lack of Christmas break and the fixture congestion might come as bit of a culture shock for them! There's surely only so many years that Terry can keep on playing 2 games a week too he will surely break/need a rest at some point.

I agree re the Xmas break. I think the lack of it really hit Ozil last year.

Terry is a centre half so he wouldn't use as much energy as others on the pitch. He'll be loitering down with Courtois and Cahill using no energy while Costa and Hazard are busy scoring!

• Registered Users Posts: 17,022 ✭✭✭✭Iused2likebusts

manual_man wrote: »
    anyone looking forward a bit and trying to have 2 City attackers for the festive period? GW17-20 looks delicious i'm thinking Kun and Silva, tho there's a bit of a cloud over Silva a.t.m. with his injury

Ill be getting silva

• Registered Users Posts: 4,668 ✭✭✭sheroman01

Will probably do Bony > Pelle. Is it he defo gonna drop in price?

Also might do Green > Forster but dunno if it's worth the hit.

Does anyone have any updates on Baines and Chadli's injuries?

sheroman01 wrote: »
    Will probably do Bony > Pelle. Is it he defo gonna drop in price?

Also might do Green > Forster but dunno if it's worth the hit.

Does anyone have any updates on Baines and Chadli's injuries?

yes he will definitely drop tonight!!

• Registered Users Posts: 12,046 ✭✭✭✭eh i dunno

Is pelle dropping?

Hmm. That will force my hand too.

Think it's gonna be Forster to Green and Pelle to Bony. Only Sanchez still to play tomorrow so will have to risk it.

eh i dunno wrote: »
    Is pelle dropping?

Yeah he will definitely drop no question about it

• Registered Users Posts: 16,696 ✭✭✭✭dahat

Pelle down and Austin went up, glad I moved early on that move.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,969 ✭✭✭✭alchemist33

Pelle to Rooney for me. Have to do it tonight or I'm 0.2 down

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 409 ✭✭TaytoCrisps

Might get rid of Pelle but not worried about his drop since i bought him at 8.6 so .1 wont affect my selling price . Glad for once i dont need to worry about a price drop :)

Advertisement