Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

GW 12 match day thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 21,096 ✭✭✭✭PARlance

km79 wrote: »
    its fellainis bday today
    he also loves playing arsenal
    think Ill back him to score any time !

He came into my transfer thinking way more than I was comfortable with last night.
    It's looking more and more like he's a regular starter and seems to be getting a bit of confidence back. I'll wait to see how the team shapes up/plays when Falcao returns

• Registered Users Posts: 22,249 ✭✭✭✭Lemlin

PARlance wrote: »
    He came into my transfer thinking way more than I was comfortable with last night.
    It's looking more and more like he's a regular starter and seems to be getting a bit of confidence back. I'll wait to see how the team shapes up/plays when Falcao returns

That's three weeks away.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,553 ✭✭✭✭Dempsey

Fabregas is my only injury worry.

Had my team and captain picked since before the international break. Hoping for a big haul by Aguero!!

• Registered Users Posts: 12,026 ✭✭✭✭eh i dunno

Costa hat trick and an Aguero red card is all I want. Us Costa owners are due a break

• Registered Users Posts: 20,553 ✭✭✭✭Dempsey

eh i dunno wrote: »
    Costa hat trick and an Aguero red card is all I want. Us Costa owners are due a break

Should have both to save yourself from the heartache! ;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 22,525 ✭✭✭✭extra gravy

eh i dunno wrote: »
    Costa yellow and an Aguero hat trick is all I want. Us Costa owners are due a blank

FYP ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 8,747 ✭✭✭Ziegler1988

Going with:

Heaton
    Baines Moore Clyne
    Downing Hazard(vc) ADM Sanchez
    Aguero(c) Welbeck Pelle

Boyd, Yun, Chambers

I'm expecting to need Boyd and Yun to come in for Baines and Downing so a cheeky 1-0 Burnley, Boyd winner would be delightful. I'll accept Costa assists as long as they're to Hazard :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,088 ✭✭✭Nib

Guzan
    Duff Chambers Bertrand Baines
    Di Maria Fabregas Tadic
    Costa Aguero(c) Welbeck

Subs: Siggy Brady Wisdom

Decided to bench Siggy who is poor away from home and start Duff who will have a decent chance of a CS away to stoke.

This is the week Welbeck is going to explode into life. I can feel it in my waters. :D

I think people benching Chambers are mad, he got a goal and an assist against Burnley only two games ago.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,237 ✭✭✭shano_88

De Gea
    Chambers Clyne Jagielka
    Siggy Sanchez Fabregas Tadic
    Costa Aguero (c) Naismith

Happy enough. Naismith out for Austin next week.

Nib wrote: »
    Guzan
    Di Maria Fabregas Tadic
    Costa Aguero(c) Welbeck

Decided to bench Siggy who is poor away from home and start Duff who will have a decent chance of a CS away to stoke.

This is the week Welbeck is going to explode into life. I can feel it in my waters. :D

I think people benching Chambers are mad, he got a goal and an assist against Burnley only two games ago.

He's also a card magnet and Arsenal are poor at the back. He starts for me but not holding out much confidence!

Most of Siggys points/goals for Swansea have come away from home when you look back to last year.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,687 ✭✭✭✭wonski

Guzan
    Di Maria Fabregas Tadic
    Costa Aguero(c) Welbeck

I put him at the end of the bench to make sure he won't bring another 0 into my team. His goal and assist were nice to have but all we expect from him now are clean sheets against weak teams. Against United yellow card is very likely.

In the matches we haven't kept a cleanie, his points totals are: 1,0,1,1,0,0. I don't have too much hope that we'll keep one against Rooney, RvP, and ADM

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,088 ✭✭✭Nib

wonski wrote: »
    I put him at the end of the bench to make sure he won't bring another 0 into my team. His goal and assist were nice to have but all we expect from him now are clean sheets against weak teams. Against United yellow card is very likely.
    A CS against United is a real possibility. United are woeful (kills me to say that). 18 points v Burnley GW10 and 0 points v Swansea GW11, consistency is not his strong point. :pac: Reminds me of James Chester, you never know what you're going to get.

Looks like Siggy will come into my team anyway as there's a good possibility Baines won't play according to Twitter. Garbutt likely to come in for him.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,304 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Prodston

If somebody else wants to do the line ups at 2 work away as I'll be out for a while.

I'm aware how self important that makes me sound :o but I don't want ye waiting for something that won't appear :pac:

Lemlin wrote: »
    That's three weeks away.

I know, I'm not taking a punt on Fellaini until then. Transfers at a premium at the moment.

• Registered Users Posts: 532 ✭✭✭Arbitrary

Guy in my league has Aguerro, Costa and Pelle, he captained Pelle. :o

He's been losing ground the past few weeks, the stink of desperation.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,687 ✭✭✭✭wonski

329211.png

Red arrows to be expected this week.

Any news on Baines? I really need him to start.

When is Walcott expected back ?

• Registered Users Posts: 14,810 ✭✭✭✭jimmii

52.9% of the top 10k went Aguero (c) 37 different captain picks is quite a surprise. Have to wonder what some people are thinking!

• Registered Users Posts: 15,262 ✭✭✭✭manual_man

jimmii wrote: »
    52.9% of the top 10k went Aguero (c) 37 different captain picks is quite a surprise. Have to wonder what some people are thinking!

Mavericks all over the gaff jimmii ;)

• Advertisement

Hoping baines starts

manual_man wrote: »
    Mavericks all over the gaff jimmii ;)

crazy mavericks!!

Hoping baines starts

Reports already saying he isn't in the squad. Could still be a late miracle!

• Registered Users Posts: 11,553 ✭✭✭✭Copper_pipe

If somebody else wants to do the line ups at 2 work away as I'll be out for a while.

I'm aware how self important that makes me sound :o but I don't want ye waiting for something that won't appear :pac:

I'll do it!

Anything to avoid some study :)

Now it emerges Chadli might be injured! Knew there would be a sneaky one that caught us off guard!!

• Registered Users Posts: 39,501 ✭✭✭✭KevIRL

• Registered Users Posts: 249 ✭✭pollocks

Went with Costa as captain, although I am slightly worried that Jose has said he is completely over his injury. Knowing Jose he will probably bench him now

• Registered Users Posts: 11,553 ✭✭✭✭Copper_pipe

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 39,501 ✭✭✭✭KevIRL

Everton team (to play West Ham): Howard, Coleman, Hibbert, Jagielka, Distin, McCarthy, Osman, Barkley, Mirallas, Naismith, Lukaku. #EFCvWHU

Chelsea line-up v West Brom: Courtois; Ivanovic, Cahill, Terry (c), Azpilicueta; Matic, Fabregas; Willian, Oscar, Hazard; D Costa.

#NUFC v @QPRFC (4-3-3): Krul; Janmaat, Williamson, Dummett, Haidara; R.Taylor, Sissoko (c), Colback; Cabella, Perez, Ameobi.

#scfc Starting XI vs Burnley: Begovic; Bardsley, Shawcross (c), Cameron, Muniesa; Nzonzi, Sidwell; Walters, Bojan, Moses; Diouf

QPR XI: Green, Onuoha, Dunne, Caulker, Yun, Barton, Henry, Fer, Sandro, Zamora, Austin

Adrian, Reid, Cresswell, Nolan (c), Tomkins, Carroll, Noble, Jenkinson, Collins, Amalfitano, Cole #EVEWHU #COYI

#Swans starting line-up v @MCFC: Fabianski, Rangel, Bartley, Williams (C), Taylor, Ki, Carroll, Sigurdsson, Dyer, Montero, Bony.

@MCFC: Hart, Zabaleta, Kompany (C), Demichelis, Clichy, Navas, Fernandinho, Toure, Nasri, Jovetic, Aguero

Advertisement