Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Anyone know any confirmed bachelors/ never met anyone special who were happy?

Options
13»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 32,634 ✭✭✭✭Graces7

An enlightened monk might disagree. Plus it can be a kind of you never miss what you've never had sort of thing.[/QUOTE]

That is so negative!
    Choosing celibacy and singleness is a very positive and joyful choice. Not ignorance etc

• Closed Accounts Posts: 477 ✭✭The Strawman Argument

I don't think it'd bother me too much, at least not until about 60 or so and it'd be stupid planning ahead like that, I'm pretty good by myself. I've a tendency to neglect myself in relationships too so I'm trying to not get too involved with anyone until I feel better about myself. On a social(?) level, my happiness is much more connected to the quality and reliability of my friends than it is to whether I'm in a relationship.

Now, the "never met anyone special" part is a bit different. I've felt like I've had opportunities available to me on several occasions to get involved with people I thought were pretty great and I've opted against them for a myriad of personal reasons, if I hadn't had those in the past, I suspect I'd be a lot less capable of feeling comfortable alone. One's attitude towards being alone is likely to be totally different if they don't believe they will ever have any level of choice in the matter.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,041 ✭✭✭Mister Vain

Graces7 wrote: »
    An enlightened monk might disagree. Plus it can be a kind of you never miss what you've never had sort of thing.[/QUOTE]

That is so negative!
    Choosing celibacy and singleness is a very positive and joyful choice. Not ignorance etc

Ehh I never said anything to the contrary.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 249 ✭✭Laura Palmer

Saipanne wrote: »
    Mods, close the thread please. It's only downhill from here.
    Ah here, "instructing" the mods to close a thread because of a harmless joke?!
    But there are. the whole world...
    Yeh my point was in relation to people who say it's selfish not to have a partner and children. Selfishness affects other people so it doesn't make sense to refer to doing something that actually doesn't affect other people, as selfish.
    You seem to be misinterpreting people a bit here.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,882 ✭✭✭Saipanne

Ah here, "instructing" the mods to close a thread because of a harmless joke?!

Yeh my point was in relation to people who say it's selfish not to have a partner and children. Selfishness affects other people so it doesn't make sense to refer to doing something that actually doesn't affect other people, as selfish.
    You seem to be misinterpreting people a bit here.

post-45530-simpsons-thats-the-joke-gif-Im-vEyV.gif

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 751 ✭✭✭Colonel_McCoy

Cliff Richard is a living example!

• Registered Users Posts: 16,310 ✭✭✭✭Galwayguy35

That is so negative!

To be honest I don't see anything joyful in celibacy at all.

I'm nearly 40 and have been single for a few years now, I think the older I get the more difficult it is to meet someone for a relationship.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,188 ✭✭✭DoYouEvenLift

What a dreadful idea!

How is never having to use contraception again a dreadful idea?

I'm nearly 40 and have been single for a few years now, I think the older I get the more difficult it is to meet someone for a relationship.

What age group are you open to? Maybe you are restricting your potential partners?

• Advertisement

Saipanne wrote: »
    What age group are you open to? Maybe you are restricting your potential partners?

About 5 years younger and 2 or 3 years older.

About 5 years younger and 2 or 3 years older.

Fair enough, I guess. The reason I asked is I recently dated a 38 year old woman and she dates younger guys cause there are simply so few men her age.

Advertisement