Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

The Mega Mk7 Golf GTI/GTD/R thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 28,127 ✭✭✭✭drunkmonkey

Didn't work, still saying insert proper media. It knew the SD card was there but it wasn't what it was looking for. Going to try download the map material now and see does that do it.
    From what i'm reading online you need the proper vw card to begin with. Not sure how much VW charge for a new one.

• Registered Users Posts: 920 ✭✭✭Ron Burgundy II

You need to use the SD card that is in the car. Make a back up of the data first before you download the new file

• Registered Users Posts: 13,331 ✭✭✭✭dastardly00

Just wondering what people's thoughts are on this:
    https://www.carzone.ie/used-cars/volkswagen/golf/used-2019-191-volkswagen-golf-golf-gt-galway-fpa-201809110388021

GTI PP DSG with ACC, pano sunroof, Tech pack, pro nav system upgrade.
    The colour was putting me off until I actually saw it in the flesh and I actually like it. I'm not a huge fan of the 18" standard alloys either. Other than that it ticks pretty much all the boxes for me.

• Registered Users Posts: 385 ✭✭SaintsYB

I personally don't mind the colour. It's a bit of a strangely specced car though. I'd sooner go for the 19" alloys over the upgraded infotainment. It has everything else you'd want though bar DCC.

Just as a side note though, I had this car saved on Carzone before it was registered and it was listed at €43,572.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,132 ✭✭✭shanec1928

https://www.carzone.ie/used-cars/volkswagen/golf/used-2019-191-volkswagen-golf-golf-gt-galway-fpa-201809110388021

The colour was putting me off until I actually saw it in the flesh and I actually like it. I'm not a huge fan of the 18" standard alloys either. Other than that it ticks pretty much all the boxes for me.
    have they not had that sitting around for a good while un registered?or another one in the same color? color is rank personally.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,392 ✭✭✭fletch

Yeh colour wouldn't be for me, it just doesn't sit well with the red accents of the GTI.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,424 ✭✭✭JoeA3

They’ve had it sitting on the forecourt / in the showroom since July 2017! They must have only just registered it recently and now selling it as a 2019 demo. They got stung on the colour. It’s called black Rubin so they weren’t expecting a purple car to show up.

I’d be asking questions personally... what kind of effects has it suffered having sat around idle for so long? I’d be looking at the tyres, they might need changing. And all fluids etc too. What’s the warranty situation too... will VW still honour a 3 year warranty from now on it?

If all the above questions are answered to your satisfaction and you like the colour, then why not. It has a big spec. Definitely a 50k car if you spec’d it up but I’d want it cheaper than 44k.

SaintsYB wrote: »
    I personally don't mind the colour. It's a bit of a strangely specced car though. I'd sooner go for the 19" alloys over the upgraded infotainment. It has everything else you'd want though bar DCC.

It is strange that it has loads of extras but not the upgraded wheels.

I saw it had ACC which I (stupidly) assumed was Adaptive Chassis Control (that's the same as Dynamic Chassis Control??), but in the ad it actually says Adaptive Cruise Control :(

JoeA3 wrote: »
    They’ve had it sitting on the forecourt / in the showroom since July 2017! They must have only just registered it recently and now selling it as a 2019 demo. They got stung on the colour. It’s called black Rubin so they weren’t expecting a purple car to show up.

I’d be asking questions personally... what kind of effects has it suffered having sat around idle for so long? I’d be looking at the tyres, they might need changing. And all fluids etc too. What’s the warranty situation too... will VW still honour a 3 year warranty from now on it?

If all the above questions are answered to your satisfaction and you like the colour, then why not. It has a big spec. Definitely a 50k car if you spec’d it up but I’d want it cheaper than 44k.

Cheers for the input JoeA3. I had seen an ad for it a few months ago (i.e. in 2018) and it was unregistered. But if they have it since 2017 then that's really odd! It was registered as a 2019 this week

It is a strange that it has loads of extras but not the upgraded wheels.

I saw it had ACC which I (stupidly) assumed was Adaptive Chassis Control (that's the same as Dynamic Chassis Control??), but in the ad it actually says Adaptive Cruise Control :(

Yeah, Dynamic Chassis Control is the adaptive suspension. I personally wouldn't bother speccing the cruise control. I'm not sure if you'd need the DCC on it as it has the smaller alloys. Someone else may be able to advise you better though.

• Advertisement

Cheers for the input JoeA3. I had seen an ad for it a few months ago (i.e. in 2018) and it was unregistered. But if they have it since 2017 then that's really odd! It was registered as a 2019 this week

Yep. So it has a fairly odd history. I’ve seen it in the metal many times. The colour is an acquired taste and I agree they should have put 19’s on it and perhaps dropped the pro nav. Wheels are easily changed though. They spec’d it up on a whim, as a stock car, and picked that colour having never seen it!

It’s possible that they’re forced to register it now or else some penalty from VW kicks in and/or the warranty becomes a problem.

I wonder would they even mention to an interested customer that it isn’t exactly factory fresh. That said, cars do sit around in warehouses and docks all the time so it’s probably not that unusual.

Yep. So it has a fairly odd history. I’ve seen it in the metal many times. The colour is an acquired taste and I agree they should have put 19’s on it and perhaps dropped the pro nav. Wheels are easily changed though. They spec’d it up on a whim, as a stock car, and picked that colour having never seen it!

It’s possible that they’re forced to register it now or else some penalty from VW kicks in and/or the warranty becomes a problem.

I wonder would they even mention to an interested customer that it isn’t exactly factory fresh. That said, cars do sit around in warehouses and docks all the time so it’s probably not that unusual.

Joe, given that it is a 2017 "new" car, what kind of figure do you think it could go for? Just above €40k?

If I was interested in it, and I asked the dealer to swap the wheels and tyres for 19", would that negate any haggle room on the asking price? Any thoughts are much appreciated :)

Yeah, Dynamic Chassis Control is the adaptive suspension. I personally wouldn't bother speccing the cruise control. I'm not sure if you'd need the DCC on it as it has the smaller alloys. Someone else may be able to advise you better though.

I've only mine 24hrs and 500km clocked up, have had cruise control for as long as I remember, Ive been using the adaptive cruise control all day today and I think it's the best thing since sliced bread. It's a must have in my book.
    Went for a manual, and I'm 7 years in an auto , the cruise control completes it. A joy to drive.

Not to beat around the bush but I hate that colour, didn't even bother gong to look at that one even though it was a nice spec.

Joe, given that it is a 2017 "new" car, what kind of figure do you think it could go for? Just above €40k?

If I was interested in it, and I asked the dealer to swap the wheels and tyres for 19", would that negate any haggle room on the asking price? Any thoughts are much appreciated :)

Yeah, I think I'd be looking at 38-40k. They probably won't entertain such an offer but they have been sitting on it for a very long time, so who knows ;)

As for the wheels.... genuine 19" GTI wheels are expensive. You're looking at nearly 1k per rim retail before you put any tyres on it. Dealers would be funny about swapping wheels on a brand new car too, they'd be nervous about warranty, etc. They'd get them cheaper than retail of course, so they might try and get a deal for you on new wheels but I seriously doubt they'd be "throwing them in". Just don't go putting nasty replicas on it and/or crap tyres along with them.

The ACC would be absolute must on the car it’s absolutely brilliant. First box I’d tick before anything else.

The ACC would be absolute must on the car it’s absolutely brilliant. First box I’d tick before anything else.

The ACC (dynamic cruise) is standard on every Golf. There's no box "to tick".

• Registered Users Posts: 7,392 ✭✭✭fletch

The ACC (dynamic cruise) is standard on every Golf. There's no box "to tick".
    You sure? Just checked (the configurator) and basic cruise control is an option included in the Tech pack on the Trendline

Brochure suggests it's only standard on Comfortline and above too

• Registered Users Posts: 1,585 ✭✭✭Mickiemcfist

Not to beat around the bush but I hate that colour, didn't even bother gong to look at that one even though it was a nice spec.

OP I think this is something to consider - at trade-in/sale time you'll have an issue. However as long as you feel enough wiggle room has been given in the purchase price to offset the likely cheaper trade in price you'll get (and you like the colour) - you're all good.

fletch wrote: »
    You sure? Just checked (the configurator) and basic cruise control is an option included in the Tech pack on the Trendline

Brochure suggests it's only standard on Comfortline and above too

Right, maybe its not on the Trendline (which is terribly spec'd, down to a price point, for the rental companies), but who buys those... its on 95%+ of them sold here.

I've only mine 24hrs and 500km clocked up, have had cruise control for as long as I remember, Ive been using the adaptive cruise control all day today and I think it's the best thing since sliced bread. It's a must have in my book.
    Went for a manual, and I'm 7 years in an auto , the cruise control completes it. A joy to drive.

How long did it take yours to be built and delivered?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,651 ✭✭✭Muppet Man

FWIW, I love purple, and all shades of it, but it just doesn’t look right in the pictures. Maybe different in real life.

That being said - it’s something different to the usual red white blue black and silver that we see every day of the week. So it will defo ‘stand out’. Might be no fun trying to resell it because clearly there isn’t that much of a demand for it.

+1 for ACC. It’s incredibly convenient and well implemented by VW. It’s saved me from at least 1 m50 rear end in two years.

Muppet man.

How long did it take yours to be built and delivered?

Bought a 172 230bhp, was going to buy new but didn't want to take a chance before this wltp came in and this other one popped up at the right money. VW said they'd honour the 2018 price but couldn't confirm the tax which now looks like it's €750 a year.
    It was coming in at €43069 for the manual performance and think they were saying end of February delivery but couldn't confirm because of the WLTP thing.

• Registered Users Posts: 252 ✭✭Hebegeebee

That Black Rubin was in Blackwater Motors in Cork City too at some stage in early 2018 unless there’s another BR coloured GTi-PP flying about.

I could be wrong but I don't think this particular one ever left Galway.

and I don't think it ever will....

• Registered Users Posts: 9,590 ✭✭✭tossy

I'd say if you went to buy that car and told them you knew it's history you'd have them on the back foot, as Joe said though questions would need to be answered namely warranty from purchase date in 2019. I'd get that in writing.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,917 ✭✭✭✭Toyotafanboi

All warranties are based on date of first reg, not build date, so warranty won't be an issue, or it will be no different to any other.

I seen a 181 registered Golf delivered last year that was built in May 15, seen a few Tiguans last year too that were laid up almost 2 years before delivery. I'm not trying to justify it but if you didn't know, you wouldn't know. In the case of that GTi, it probably hasn't even been outdoors?

If the dealer storage maintenance has been done properly, it should be ok to jump in and drive. There is checklists "to do" and "to replace" at various storage intervals.

The car definitely spent extended periods outdoors.

Anyway, pricing is confirmed for the TCR. Get yer orders in before they sell out!!

https://www.completecar.ie/car-news/article/8826/Pricing-confirmed-for-Volkswagen-Golf-GTI-TCR

• Registered Users Posts: 2,882 ✭✭✭kooga

Is the price of the TCR on par with the runout mark 7 clubsport?

• Advertisement

It's fairly pricey, isn't it? After speccing the upgrade pack, a tech pack and Dynaudio it's €80 shy of €52k. And that's a 3 door. It's another €1k for the 5 door if you go by the Belgian config.

After looking at the R price list, it's sat right in the middle of the DSG PP GTI and the R, €2k in the difference to each.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement