Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

RAW 17-11-14

Options
  • 17-11-2014 1:11am
    Registered Users Posts: 48,990 ✭✭✭✭

We’re just one week away from Survivor Series, and the anticipated Traditional Survivor Series Elimination Tag Team Match between Team Cena and Team Authority is finally taking shape. Who will be the final members of each squad? Moreover, after what transpired on Friday night between Ryback and The Authority, will The Big Guy finally align with John Cena?

1. Where does Ryback go from here? Ryback is currently the hottest free agent in WWE, and after his brutal main event battle with Kane on SmackDown, it’s clearer than ever that The Big Guy will never fall in line with The Authority. But, then again, the powerhouse has also made it known that he’s not exactly the world’s biggest John Cena fan, so we probably won’t be seeing Ryback swear allegiance to the Cenation leader any time soon, either. After refusing involvement in Survivor Series’ massive 5-on-5 clash, what does Ryback have in store this Monday on Raw?

2. How will Dean Ambrose retaliate against Bray Wyatt? The mind games between Dean Ambrose and Bray Wyatt continue to intensify as The Eater of Worlds pillages The Lunatic Fringe’s mind — dredging up painful memories of Ambrose’s father — to gain a psychological advantage over his foe before their Survivor Series battle. On SmackDown, the twisted backwoods preacher committed his most heinous assault on Ambrose yet when he ambushed the unstable Superstar during a backstage interview. Ambrose isn’t one to let things slide, and he’s had a few days to stew over Wyatt’s cruel and arguably cowardly actions last Friday night. Will we see The Lunatic Fringe show “The Man of 1,000 Truths” what it truly means to come unhinged?

3. Is Nikki Bella playing with fire? Nikki Bella seemingly can’t wait until Survivor Series to get her hands on AJ Lee, perpetrating her latest surprise attack on the Divas Champion last Monday on Raw. After the titleholder defeated Nikki’s sister and unwilling personal assistant, Brie, the bitter Bella hit AJ with her devastating Rack Attack. It was uncalled for, but we’d expect nothing less from Nikki. Nikki continues to relentlessly berate her twin as the month of mandatory servitude rolls on, and she’s just as tenacious when it comes to targeting the Divas Champion. Yet, AJ’s no stranger to playing dirty. How will the unpredictable Ms. Lee send a message to Nikki before she puts her butterfly-emblazoned prize on the line at WWE’s fall classic?

4. Is this The Authority’s final Raw? Per Mr. McMahon, if Team Authority loses to Team Cena at Survivor Series, Triple H and Stephanie McMahon will no longer be in power. As confident as The Authority might be heading into Sunday’s event — available absolutely free to new WWE Network subscribers — the thought of potentially relinquishing control of WWE in less than a week has to be gnawing at The Game and The Billionaire Baroness. After failing to recruit Ryback to their ranks, Triple H and Stephanie will need to find a final Superstar to join their Survivor Series team and ensure a victory. Whom will they choose?

5. Will Raw guest star Grumpy Cat actually enjoy herself? Seemingly nothing can put Grumpy Cat in a good mood but, then again, she’s never visited Monday Night Raw before. The star of the original Lifetime movie “Grumpy Cat’s Worst Christmas Ever” — airing Nov. 29 at 8 p.m. — will be Raw’s furriest visitor this side of Fozzie Bear, and everyone from John Cena to The Authority is determined to show her a good time. Can Raw do the impossible and make the Internet’s favorite frowning feline actually crack a smile?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 48,990 ✭✭✭✭Lithium93_

Who's bright idea was it to book Grumpy Cat as a guest star?

• Registered Users Posts: 85,124 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

I hope there is more traditional SS elimination tag matches made maybe one with some of NXT roster

• Registered Users Posts: 2,143 ✭✭✭D-FENS

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    I hope there is more traditional SS elimination tag matches made maybe one with some of NXT roster

I hate singles matches at Survivor Series, should be traditional 4 or 5 man team matches the whole night.
    I remember the first one in ’87, with the tag match involving 20 lads, madness and f*ck all actual wrestling but, like the Rumble, great to watch.
    I think the SS concept is brilliant for building up storylines/feuds, and prolonging them without actual one on one matches / title matches
    The concept they used in ’90 was brilliant, the face/heel survivors in each match teaming up for one last match at the end

SS_90.jpg

Just spotted this as well on the wiki page - Rick Rude was replaced by Haku after being suspended by WWF President Jack Tunney for insulting the mother of the Big Boss Man; in reality, the "suspension" explained Rude's departure from the WWF over a dispute. – Now that’s how you walk out of a company, CM Punk! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 11,173 ✭✭✭✭B.A._Baracus

Whats the deal with the grumpy cat thing? Didnt the cat sadly die last year too?

• Registered Users Posts: 85,124 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Contract signing between Team Cena and Team Authority, will it end in a good old brawl

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,513 ✭✭✭seanhynes

Will the German keeper be debuting tonight Wiese

• Registered Users Posts: 9,846 ✭✭✭Moneymaker

Oh look it's the Authority waffling on forever.

Never seen this before.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,348 ✭✭✭✭ricero

Ryback rulez !

• Registered Users Posts: 6,166 ✭✭✭Stereomaniac

So does anyone think that Luke Harper is going to win the title? I really hope this doesn't happen.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,087 ✭✭✭✭RobbingBandit

Moneymaker wrote: »
    Oh look it's the Authority waffling on forever.

Never seen this before.

Could be the last time. :(

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,642 ✭✭✭andyman

Anyone think Ziggler turns on Sunday?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,013 ✭✭✭✭Rjd2

Suppose no point in asking where Cena and the rest of his partners are?:confused:

My thought exactly, and why I wouldn't be surprised if Ziggler turned

My Russo sense is tingling. Seeing as Orton was the new face and he is now gone what are the chances of a Cena screw job on Sunday creating an unholy alliance of sortof heel Cena and HHH to go after Brock.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,635 ✭✭✭paconnors

Does anyone think will Rollins ever cash in Money in the Bank?

Yes but not on brock.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,477 ✭✭✭brianregan09

paconnors wrote: »
    Does anyone think will Rollins ever cash in Money in the Bank?

Wrestlemania on Reigns i bet

That fake laughing of Cole and Lawler. :mad::(

Another f***ing break

Ambrose is summing up what I think of Bray Wyatt

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,216 ✭✭✭Ageyev

I think I lasted about two segments. Good luck and goodnight, will catch the rest on the podcasts tomorrow.

I wonder what training match they have lined up for Rusev?

Boring is'nt the word

Awesome how cenas crowd is getting taken out tonight

Good opportunity for cena to come out with 4 nxt lads. One can dream

I thought Cesaro turned for a split second.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 18,134 Mod ✭✭✭✭DM_7

Was Cesaro v Ryback the test for how Ryback would do in a match with Brock, all the power moves he took.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,742 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

DM_7 wrote: »
    Was Cesaro v Ryback the test for how Ryback would do in a match with Brock, all the power moves he took.

It's Raw they have to fill the time some how. I wouldn't be reading too much into it. I can see them getting bored of Ryback once Reigns comes back.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,417 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

Actually enjoyed the show overall.

Replacing Sheamus with Rowen is a bit weird, especially after portraying Rowen as a bit of a midcard joke for the last three weeks. But the sight of him and Harper fighting should be interesting enough at the PPV.

Glad for Harper winning the IC title. Really like him. Really like The Big Guy as well, so glad he's getting pushed as a big deal again too.

• Advertisement

Loughc wrote: »
    It's Raw they have to fill the time some how. I wouldn't be reading too much into it. I can see them getting bored of Ryback once Reigns comes back.

Agreed. I dunno if its a cert Brock will be about much after Mania, huge contract and they are cost cutting with the Network. Reigns is much more likely to face him before he goes.

Advertisement