Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

There's a little mouse in my living room

Options
13»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 29 daukey34

pied piper is the man to call

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,646 ✭✭✭✭qo2cj1dsne8y4k

Reminds me of a bra I had once, one of those water ones, that made your boobs look bigger. Was in my boyfriends room in his college house. Bra was on the floor. He got up some part of night and stumbled across the room on his way to the bathroom. He stood on something squishy (my bra) thought it was a mouse and started stomping on it, and broke my bra.

• Registered Users Posts: 535 ✭✭✭ALiasEX

That's when you knew he was the one.

• Registered Users Posts: 143 ✭✭Chocolate

Wibbs wrote: »
    Agreed. For nigh on a year I had a big feck off wolf spider that lived behind the mirror in my bedroom(yes I am a narcissist). I'd say she(the big ones are usually shes) was about two inches(in old money) across in leg span. I figured fcuk it, she's eating something and I'd prefer her getting fat on other creepy crawlies, than have them with the run of the place.

One night I awoke from slumber and what do my eyes sleepily focus upon but her on the pillow beside me. I froze in shock and the cool thing for me, so did she. :D Went stock still and then drew in her legs very slowly. Me a great ape in recline, her an arachnid, both of us thinking "oh fcuk!". So we sat there eyeball to eyeball(she having the advantage with eight of same) for a few minutes, neither moving. Then we both chilled out and she wandered off away from the statue of liberty sized human. :) We bumped into each other in similar circumstance on two other occasions. God knows what she was at when I was out for the count. Probably doing a jig on my sleepy head and fair play to her. :) And to add to my weirdness, I missed her when she was gone.

Heeby geebiest post of the day.:eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 22,260 ✭✭✭✭endacl

I am TERRIFIED of mice. Even reading about them makes me feel like there's phantom ones crawling all over me.

Really? Even reading this post? About the tiny little skittering creature that you can suddenly feel nuzzling into the nape of your neck? Really? Cool!

:pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,472 ✭✭✭Missyelliot2

endacl wrote: »
    Really? Even reading this post? About the tiny little skittering creature that you can suddenly feel nuzzling into the nape of your neck? Really? Cool!

:pac:

Ahhhhh....stoppit! Friend of mine got one caught in her hair.......

Ahhhhh....stoppit! Friend of mine got one caught in her hair.......

Can you not hear one scritchily scratching somewhere now? Somewhere close? You can't quite pinpoint it, but it's definitely close. So close you could reach out and touch it, if you could bring yourself to reach out. But you can't. You just can't. It's waiting for you to doze off, you know. Biding it's time. Mice like human hair. It's sooooo cozy on a cold winter's night....

:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,106 ✭✭✭catallus

Human hair has a scent that mice can't really resist.

• Registered Users Posts: 399 ✭✭IsaacWunder

I know a mouse, and he hasn't got a house. I don't know why, I call him Gerald.

He's getting rather old, but he's a good mouse.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,827 ✭✭✭madmaggie

"Is not rat, Mr Fawlty, is Siberian Hamster".

• Advertisement

madmaggie wrote: »
    "Is not rat, Mr Fawlty, is Siberian Hamster".

Is very naughty Siberian Hamster in need of discipline!

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2057325249

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,305 ✭✭✭Cantremember

Actually, do the decent thing and move out to the garden. He deserves the house.

I worry about people when irony goes over their heads.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,689 ✭✭✭bur

Ugh we have them as well, my boyfriend wouldn't put the traps down so I got rentokil out. 200 euro to put down a few bait boxes. Disgusting little creptiles

Less than a fiver for two humane mousetraps in europounndland. Just need to release them somewhere they won't find their way back too easily.

Had an unfortunate incident with the traditional mouse-trap. Don't mind them but you don't want them nesting and having babies.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,521 ✭✭✭ardle1

Lia_lia wrote: »
    At least it's not a spider..

spider-behind-clock.jpgFUNK DAT SH!T:eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 6,942 ✭✭✭Cherry Blossom

I have a mouse in my bedroom. I ordered a humane trap off Amazon and while waiting for it to arrive set up a bucket trap that worked for a hamster once but so far it's not working. I am completely terrified of mice but still don't want to kill the wee things.

• Registered Users Posts: 569 ✭✭✭Funnyonion79

I have a mouse in my house too! It came in last week when the front door was open and was in the sitting room but now it's upstairs in my daughters room. Keep hearing it legging it about the room at night when we're downstairs.

I bought a live capture mouse trap (the humane one) from Woodies but so far he's avoided being caught. Last night I did a homemade humane trap with a bucket and some paper but still no joy. Haven't noticed any mouse droppings anywhere around the room so wondering if I should just let him be and let him carry on with his play acting and running around at night.

He was really cute so don't want to kill him if at all possible....do the humane traps actually work? Should I keep trying them? I'm using peanut butter as bait...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,285 ✭✭✭Summer wind

Let's do it to them before they do it to us.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,659 ✭✭✭CrazyRabbit

I hope the mouse is paying rent. Would be a shame if it was just another freeloader. I wouldn't settle for anything less than 1kg of cheese per week in rent.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,622 ✭✭✭Ruu

A series of documentaries I am currently watching called 'Tom and Jerry' should help.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,694 ✭✭✭BMJD

Lads, hang on now. Isn't the rule of thumb that if you see mice, you don't have rats? That makes way more sense. Imagine how fcuking terrifying a rat is to a mouse, are you feck going to compete for resources with a big hard bastard like that. It's half the reason I don't mind seeing the odd mouse around the place, means I don't have to worry about the rats.

Ders always rats nidgey

• Advertisement
Advertisement