Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Kerry decides it's an island (seriously)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,167 ✭✭✭Fr_Dougal

For those who haven't bothered to read the link, they're clearly doing it as a protest and a way to highlight problems with the road network. The councilors don't actually think Kerry is an Island. (not that it makes this motion any less stupid, mind)

Build them roads, for what? Didn't they try to bring back in drink-driving not so long ago, it's less roads they need...or new politicians.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,582 ✭✭✭Mal-Adjusted

^^^^
    the fcuk are you on about?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,167 ✭✭✭Fr_Dougal

• Registered Users Posts: 3,985 ✭✭✭mikeym

Their just looking for money to build a motorway.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,592 ✭✭✭drumswan

So would everyone else, what with the taxes paid elsewhere not being shuttled off to Dublin for bullshit pet projects.

You should start a campaign to establish Dublin as an independent state. Culchieland would be bankrupt in a week.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,647 ✭✭✭lazybones32

mikeym wrote: »
    Their just looking for money to build a motorway.

No...they want Macroom (Cork) and Adare (Limerick) bypassed to improve access to the County.

Anyone who has had the misfortune of being stuck a few miles on either-side of these towns on a Friday evening will know how much time is wasted in traffic.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 687 ✭✭✭Dayum

Dublin should separate politically and economically from Ireland and let the rest of it fall off into the Atlantic.

Meath would equate Angola within the week and it would only get worse the further wesht you went.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,698 ✭✭✭Topper Harley

Some people on this thread have obviously never been outside Dublin. Try it, you might be surprised at how much you enjoy it. And I say that as a Dub.

Some people on this thread have obviously never been outside Dublin. Try it, you might be surprised at how much you enjoy it. And I say that as a Dub.

Been all around Ireland and the only way I'd leave Dublin would be through Dublin airport.

Make no mistake - Dublin is an absolute kip....but not half the kip the rest of the country is.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,448 ✭✭✭crockholm

Dayum wrote: »
    Dublin should separate politically and economically from Ireland and let the rest of it fall off into the Atlantic.

Meath would equate Angola within the week and it would only get worse the further wesht you went.

Not that I ought to be replying to anyone wishing to further fragment my country,but in your well thought out manifesto have you considered how you feed the population,obtain Clean water and electricity and the problem of waste management in a new independent Pale?;)

• Advertisement

crockholm wrote: »
    Not that I ought to be replying to anyone wishing to further fragment my country,but in your well thought out manifesto have you considered how you feed the population,obtain Clean water and electricity and the problem of waste management in a new independent Pale?;)

Further fragment what exactly? You owe your loyalty to no one or nothing...

Apart from your parents and a brother or a sister, you're well and truly on your own in this world and nobody (even if makes you feel any better) gives a damn ****e about you or your welfare including anyone that just so happens to randomly be born on this island...

The stranger that lives in Japan is as much a stranger as the guy that lives five doors up from you. The idea of a nation or a country is a relatively new concept and has only existed for a few hundred years.

I am more interested in how we can improve the lives of each and every individual possible and that means getting rid of the dead weight and extra baggage. I'd imagine a lot of other counties would be clawing at the door of the Pale pleading with it for an opportunity to join it and kiss it's arse....either that of face total oblivion.

I'd be in favour of such a proposal: the crime rate of Ireland would fall drastically and heroin addicts roaming the streets, annoying citizens would be a lot less rare.

Further fragment what exactly? You owe your loyalty to no one or nothing...

Apart from your parents and a brother or a sister, you're well and truly on your own in this world and nobody (even if makes you feel any better) gives a damn ****e about you or your welfare including anyone that just so happens to randomly be born on this island...

The stranger that lives in Japan is as much a stranger as the guy that lives five doors up from you. The idea of a nation or a country is a relatively new concept and has only existed for a few hundred years.

I am more interested in how we can improve the lives of each and every individual possible and that means getting rid of the dead weight and extra baggage. I'd imagine a lot of other counties would be clawing at the door of the Pale pleading with it for an opportunity to join it and kiss it's arse....either that of face total oblivion.

Nice attitude that could only have come from a stable loving Environment:pac: and still avoided answering how an independent dublin could function without all the services that are provided for it outside of its borders.

crockholm wrote: »
    Nice attitude that could only have come from a stable loving Environment:pac: and still avoided answering how an independent dublin could function without all the services that are provided for it outside of its borders.

How does Hong Kong survive? How does Singapore survive?!

It's laughable how you think Dublin needs the rest of Ireland....absolutely laughable. The economic facts say Ireland needs Dublin, not the other way round.

It's laughable how you think Dublin needs the rest of Ireland....absolutely laughable. The economic facts say Ireland needs Dublin, not the other way round.

The laughable thing is that you actually seem to Believe what you write:D

What chance has Dublin in ever emulating what Singapore or hong kong does?
    Will the inhabitants of the pale work on average Another 250-500 hours a year extra?Does it have the same access to similar sized markets that Singapore and hong kong do?

Ok,I can understand that you are cheerleading for your city-but your comparisons are really daft.
    And still no solution about water/food/waste/electricity- because I could imagine if you lads did go independent up there,we would be sure happy to provide you with all those things,but of course at a much greater price,you know,to pay for our magic beans and such:pac:

Thankfully most dubs and non-dubs know that we are all in this together,and better for us all.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,080 ✭✭✭sheesh

marco_polo wrote: »
    So glad my all that tax we pay is being used to discuss the really important issues

it is actually about getting proper road connections to and from kerry that is important.

the main road to limerick has a bottle neck in the village of adare aand they want a bypass there

the main road to Cork which is great up to the county bounds and then goes to crap after that there is a major hold up in Macroom.

they are looking for money to get these roads done. they have found an 'innovative' way to highlight their problem.

Am I the only one that read the article????

good luck with your reservoir in the Dublin mountains that can hold enough to keep 1 million people alive.

Good luck with finding space to build those electricity stations.

you do realise that the reason that the british left Hong Kong is the Chinese said they were going to turn off the water and electricity.

Also most of the people living in Dublin are from outside the Capital if you go back just 1 generation. you need people too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,592 ✭✭✭drumswan

sheesh wrote: »
    good luck with your reservoir in the Dublin mountains that can hold enough to keep 1 million people alive.

Good luck with finding space to build those electricity stations.
    You ever heard of money? Its the thing Dublin gives all the rest of you to subsidise your economically un-viable country bumpkin lifestyles. You can use it to buy water and electricity you know.

Dublins citizens would be richer if it wasnt for having to subsidise culchies. Kerry should be first cut off, let them pay for their own roads and see how they get on.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,797 ✭✭✭Kevin McCloud

drumswan wrote: »
    Dublins citizens would be richer if it wasnt for having to subsidise culchies. Kerry should be first cut off, let them pay for their own roads and see how they get on.

You have got the economics of that well sussed there :rolleyes:

drumswan wrote: »
    You ever heard of money? Its the thing Dublin gives all the rest of you to subsidise your economically un-viable country bumpkin lifestyles. You can use it to buy water and electricity you know.

you're a real hero.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,569 ✭✭✭✭ProudDUB

If Kerry is an island, then it can't enter the All Ireland championship.

Grand.

We'll be taking the Sam Maguire Cup back then so.

:D:D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 81,223 ✭✭✭✭biko

"Kerry should seek island status; at least then we would have access to grant aid and special funding."
    It's always money with them Kerry folks.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,183 ✭✭✭✭Grayson

To be fair, trying to find WiFi or getting a decent 3G/4G signal is a pain.

two years ago I went to Lahinch. When I arrived my phone informed me it had switched off data because I was roaming abroad.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,641 ✭✭✭Teyla Emmagan

Grayson wrote: »
    To be fair, trying to find WiFi or getting a decent 3G/4G signal is a pain.

two years ago I went to Lahinch. When I arrived my phone informed me it had switched off data because I was roaming abroad.

Dear God, it must have been like the middle ages! How did you cope?!

I work in a modern office building in Dublin city centre. The walks are so thick I have no phone network for most of the day, nevermind 3G. Mind you that could just be because I'm with Three..

Dear God, it must have been like the middle ages! How did you cope?!

I work in a modern office building in Dublin city centre. The walks are so thick I have no phone network for most of the day, nevermind 3G. Mind you that could just be because I'm with Three..

It's not that modern if you're working in a giant faraday cage.

ProudDUB wrote: »
    If Kerry is an island, then it can't enter the All Ireland championship.

Grand.

We'll be taking the Sam Maguire Cup back then so.

:D:D:D

Not as long as Donegal are there to spank you around the pitch....

It's not that modern if you're working in a giant faraday cage.

Probably trying to cut off any distractions in the hope we will work more!

Probably trying to cut off any distractions in the hope we will work more!

I take it you're in work now?

I am. :)

I take it you're in work now?

I am. :)

No, I am late and on the bus so my phone is still working!

Stop boasting about your amazing network coverage, you are only making me jealous!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 25,420 ✭✭✭✭sligojoek

The new Kerry national anthem.

Advertisement