Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cold Beans - Am I a weirdo?

Options
13»

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,797 ✭✭✭Kevin McCloud

Macavity. wrote: »
    I've eaten pike before, very tasty if cooked right.

Indeed, with chips and peas.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,616 ✭✭✭masculinist

Macavity. wrote: »
    I've eaten pike before, very tasty if cooked right.

I wrote an essay in school when I was 9 about fishing. In the essay I caught a pike, cooked it and ate it. The teacher put a line through it with a big red pen and wrote ''you cant eat pike'' . I am still wondering about his attitude to this day. What makes it inferior to other fish ? And to keep on topic ... whats wrong with pike and a side of beans ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 311 ✭✭DarByrne1980

I love cold beans.
    I wrote an essay in school when I was 9 about fishing. In the essay I caught a pike, cooked it and ate it. The teacher put a line through it with a big red pen and wrote ''you cant eat pike'' . I am still wondering about his attitude to this day. What makes it inferior to other fish ? And to keep on topic ... whats wrong with pike and a side of beans ;)

As young fellas we were always told DONT EAT PIKE they are the garbage eaters of the river/canal. the pike (the stories we were told) go around eating sick and dead fish and water rats and other crap. they must be da hooded crow or vulture of the aqauatic environment.

old wives tail or not id never eat it after that.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,299 ✭✭✭✭branie2

I like a bit of cold beans mysef

Advertisement