Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cold Beans - Am I a weirdo?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 29,055 ✭✭✭✭HeidiHeidi

my3cents wrote: »
    If when fridge worshiping (the act of repeatedly opening a fridge door to see if the contents have some how miraculously changed) I spot half a can of cold beans I make a sandwich of them. Just buttered bread with 4-5 large spoonfuls of beans and the slice of bread folded in half cradling the beans. The fold in the bread seems to provide enough strength to hold it all together. Works for me :D

:D:D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 40,291 ✭✭✭✭Gatling

Reminds of dinner with the inlaws hot mash served with roast fridge tempature and cold carrots and mixed veg .

Cold beans isn't too bad wouldn't be thing at all but as long as your happy and enjoy them

• Registered Users Posts: 311 ✭✭DarByrne1980

I love cold beans.
    :eek:

I was reading that thinking "how does it not explode?", then I thought "I must try this!", when I realised - "What's the point? It doesn't explode!" :(

Ive never boiled anything carbonated. Mite just try that

• Registered Users Posts: 8,005 ✭✭✭Hitchens

ya can't beat beans for a fart lighting session :D

• Registered Users Posts: 40,291 ✭✭✭✭Gatling

Ive never boiled anything carbonated. Mite just try that

Dr's recommend it for sick kids mainly 7 up boiling removes most of the sugars kids tend to like it

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,005 ✭✭✭MistyCheese

You certainly are a weirdo OP. Now, what was that about beans?

• Registered Users Posts: 29,055 ✭✭✭✭HeidiHeidi

Gatling wrote: »
    Dr's recommend it for sick kids mainly 7 up boiling removes most of the sugars kids tend to like it

I thought the sugars were the whole point of it :confused: , to replenish what's lost through dehydration. And that boiling just removed the fizz.

Cannot possibly imagine boiled Fanta being good for anything :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 19,802 ✭✭✭✭suicide_circus

I eat clocks.

Typo?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,148 ✭✭✭PizzamanIRL

I see this thread as I sit down to eat dinner made earlier. It's potatoes, ham, cabbage and gravy. All cold. The way I see it is it tastes the exact same whether it's hot or cold. It's just a different sensation is all.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,802 ✭✭✭✭suicide_circus

Gatling wrote: »

It does literally the exact opposite

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 15,805 ✭✭✭✭AMKC
    Ms

I love warm beans.
    Cold beans are just devine. I just had some today with my dinner. They were lovely mixed with the mince,onions,patatoes and veg.
    I have eating hem heated up but it just ruins the texture and flavour of them.
    I love to have them with hot dinners and with frys and eggs too. It s the way beans are meant to be eaten.
    I had a gf a couple of years back that thought it was disgusting do always slaked me about it lol.

Live long and Prosper

Peace and long life.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,616 ✭✭✭masculinist

Beanz beanz the musical fruit

The more you eat the more you toot

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,764 ✭✭✭my3cents

Cold baked beans - the new "Marmite" :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,091 ✭✭✭Antar Bolaeisk

No, that's disgusing.
    Peanuts are perfectly acceptable at room temperature, wouldn't eat them chilled though.

my3cents wrote: »
    Cold baked beans - the new "Marmite" :)

Marmite ? ewwwwwwww

Vegemite all the way !

• Registered Users Posts: 225 ✭✭Copa Mundial

No, that's disgusing.
    2 cans for 58c in Lidl, you have to love beans at that price!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,745 ✭✭✭Macavity.

I love warm beans.
    2 cans for 58c in Lidl, you have to love beans at that price!

Campo Largo beans have become a way of life for me.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 32,688 ✭✭✭✭ytpe2r5bxkn0c1

You can't beat Heinz beans when out fishing at night. Coffee in the flask and a pull ring can of filling protein rich beans to kill the hunger. And a few chocolate digestives of course.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,797 ✭✭✭Kevin McCloud

You can't beat Heinz beans when out fishing at night. Coffee in the flask and a pull ring can of filling protein rich beans to kill the hunger. And a few chocolate digestives of course.

Are you any good at the fishing to say you cant light a fire and cook a freshly caught one. :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,063 ✭✭✭wexandproud

love em straight from the fridge and for a little bit of a kick add salad cream ....yum yum

• Advertisement

Are you any good at the fishing to say you cant light a fire and cook a freshly caught one. :pac:

For a start I don't eat fish. Secondly most of the species fished for are not edible. Thirdly, open fires are prohibited at most locations. Fourthly, we often fish on the move so wouldn't waste a fire just for a quick snack. Fifthly, you don't find a lot of readily available fuel on a wet beach or river bank. Sixthly, I like cold beans. Seventhly, I've been doing this for over 60 years (admittedly not with pull ring cans) and ain't changing now. Eightly, why am I evening my wit to you?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,028 ✭✭✭✭--LOS--

I'd eat them hot or cold coz it's so hard to get beans here and when you can they're manky. I found a tin of Heinz in the supermarket the other day and it was the best day ever until I tasted them and they're definitely a different recipe made for crappy dutch taste :/

Beans are best done in a saucepan so that the water boils off them and they go all creamy.

I've gotten used to drinking cold coffee and tea which I used to find disgusting but now if I make a cup of tea/coffee and it goes cold, I don't mind, I still drink it.

For a start I don't eat fish. Secondly most of the species fished for are not edible.

I wonder how many other species hunts prey it cant eat. We are a strange species with half the world starving and the other half hunting inedible food...
    I can only justify fishing to myself if I can eat the catch afterwards. Otherwise whats the point ? Its just killing for fun then isnt it ? Sure its just a fish, its much lower down the chain of importance compared to the rest of us but still ...

I wonder how many other species hunts prey it cant eat. We are a strange species with half the world starving and the other half hunting inedible food...
    I can only justify fishing to myself if I can eat the catch afterwards. Otherwise whats the point ? Its just killing for fun then isnt it ? Sure its just a fish, its much lower down the chain of importance compared to the rest of us but still ...

Who said I ever killed a fish? Ever hear of Catch and Release.

For a start I don't eat fish. Secondly most of the species fished for are not edible.

What kind of fish do you fish that you cant eat?

Who said I ever killed a fish? Ever hear of Catch and Release.

I did consider that.

What kind of fish do you fish that you cant eat?

I know other cultures eat them but pike, dogfish, scorpian fish, smooth hounds, etc.

Anyway back to the beans........

I know other cultures eat them but pike, dogfish, scorpian fish, smooth hounds, etc.

Ur no Bear Grylls :pac:

Yes Sir.

[whispers off topic again :why cant you eat Pike ? whats the problem with it ?]

Baked beans in tomato sauce at home taste good but can be improved immensely if you have a good spice rack. I like to spice up my baked beans. Not all spices are the same either. Some paprikas are almost like red powder but not spicy at all.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,745 ✭✭✭Macavity.

I love warm beans.
    I've eaten pike before, very tasty if cooked right.

Advertisement